News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Time to Fish or cut bait (newsman)- talk about it in Sharing 4-3-8

Started by Roscoe, June 05, 2011, 12:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Be sure to get the KSO Trek.  They're more expensive but they are leather and oh-so-comfortable.  I should have gotten another pair of them instead of getting the regular KSO for my second pair.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Annnd.... I'm awake and moving. Barely. Gonna be a HOT day here in the south, no doubt, and most of my projects are outside projects- mow the yard ( if I can get the lawnmowers' belt put on)  mow the church yard, till  between the plants in the garden spot, and maybe work on the camper.... Somehow, I don't see all this getting done. :biglaugh:

Maybe I'll take advice from my own thread title- just go fishin'. Mini, drive down here and give me an excuse to fish, not work. :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Well, the ducks appear to be gone for good.... :(  My guesses are coyote, fox, hawk, or dog if something got them, based on time of day, and no sign of remains..... 

And last night something got "into" my live trap twice, eating the food out of it and throwing the trap, and scooting it around sideways from where it was sitting....  I don't know what did that....apparently something big enough that the door wouldn't shut down on it when it stuck it's head in, thus, not catching it....  I don't see any tracks in the dust or anything nearby..... 

:-?

I hate creatures. 

And speaking of creatures, people are so daggone weird....  Some lady bought one of my auctions with Buy It Now last night, and I packed and got her shipment ready already.  This morning she has messaged me asking what I call "right way up" as I say I place the eggs in my ad....  Well, first of all, I say I place them upright, not right way up...lol....  She says pointy end down is best.  Duh lady.  So I told her yep, pointy end down and air cell end up is upright.

And then somebody supposedly from Israel that wants me to ship something to someone in the US that can bring them to him wants something....  I don't know if he's real or a joke...  His feedback looks legit....

And as far as that goes, if you pay for it, I can send it to anybody in the US, and then it's your baby after that, not mine....  But I don't know if the guy is for real or a joke. lol

Chseeads

Oh my gosh.  I don't know if she's just a snobby know it all, or just trying to be humorous, but she replies back to me:

Thank YOu...you had me worried :)

RUDE.  Psssh...lol
I find that insulting.

mini

Quote from: five-oh on June 07, 2011, 02:31:39 PM
Annnd.... I'm awake and moving. Barely. Gonna be a HOT day here in the south, no doubt, and most of my projects are outside projects- mow the yard ( if I can get the lawnmowers' belt put on)  mow the church yard, till  between the plants in the garden spot, and maybe work on the camper.... Somehow, I don't see all this getting done. :biglaugh:

Maybe I'll take advice from my own thread title- just go fishin'. Mini, drive down here and give me an excuse to fish, not work. :laughhard:

Last time I fished in Arkansas all I got was a sunburn.  Oh, and some Amazon woman that hit on me at Cracker Barrel, which my wife, pastor and everyone else found overly entertaining...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on June 07, 2011, 03:01:02 PM
Quote from: five-oh on June 07, 2011, 02:31:39 PM

Last time I fished in Arkansas all I got was a sunburn.  Oh, and some Amazon woman that hit on me at Cracker Barrel, which my wife, pastor and everyone else found overly entertaining...
:laughhard: I'm not a fisherman- it's been years since I've baited a hook. But, Punkin the princess wants to fish, so I have a fishing pole for her and one for me... may be entertaining, a 34 year old and a 4 year old learning to fish together..... maybe it'll wait another day. :biglaugh:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

Quote from: minnesota68 on June 07, 2011, 03:01:02 PM

She didn't say you were a wellbuilt man and offer to show you tricks if you ordered eggs did she?  :freaky:

mini

Melody

Well, it's one of those days.  Doesn't mean I can't smile though. ☺

We get to watch the sweetest little mumchkin, today.  She's a happy baby.

Lynx

Happy babies are cute.  :)

Howdy y'all.  Think I'll start the day off right, five hardboiled eggs. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Chseeads

Somewhere out there, is a man who thinks my name is Zach...or something, I'm not even sure what myself....who is supposed to be coming to look at chicks.....

My name is a curse to try to convey over the phone (bad enough in person), and it's not aided by somewhat garbly cell phone signals.

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

SOMEONE TAKE THESE NUTTER BUTTERS AWAY FROM ME!!!

Please?

(munch crunch munch)
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

:sing: Self control is simply controlling yourself, it's listening to your heart and doing what is smart...

Lynx

I've heard that one before, but can't remember where.  One of the Psalty albums maybe? 
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

RainbowJingles

Sick.  Been sick since yesterday morning.  Wish this junk would GO. AWAY.  *sigh*

Roscoe

Welp, since I posted this morning, I got the everlovin' mess scared outta me.... One thing most of you don't know is that I am deathly scared of snakes. Screaming, crying woman scared of snakes.  :biglaugh:  I believe I'd rather face a loaded gun pointed at me than a snake.
  So, Angelfluff and I get ready for our morning jaunt to the local store, and I discovered that I am out of gas for the lawnmower. Makes sense to get it now, and save a trip, so I step into my shop to get the gas jug.
  Now, my shop is not the most organized, and I had left the main door partially open last night, this proved to have been a big mistake. I stepped into my shaded, dimmly lit shop- and something moves. Not just something, my God, it's  a snake. A big, black snake. I screamed like a little girl and ran one way, out of the shop. The snake did its imitation of a scream as well, I''m sure, because it moved in the opposite direction from me just as fast. The snake now has a nice, but slightly messy shop, complete with a VW Bug and the Weed trimmer I really needed.  :laughhard:

For once, I had left my pistol in the truck- probably a good thing, since the last time I saw Sir Snake he was hightailin' it behind my propane tank. I really don't know if I'd have had the wits to keep from shooting at it to get Sir Snake, had I had my gun on me.... :laughhard:

And now, I am paranoid about snakes. I keep checking under my desk where my feet are, even though there is no way a snake could get in here...

Chseeads

All the ebay sales sold....most did pretty well.....  The weird Israeli guy did get the one thing....  Hopefully he's real and gives me whoever's address it needs to go to and it can go to it and be hunky dory. 

If not, maybe I can second chance the guy below him.  *shrug*

Chseeads

Quote from: five-oh on June 07, 2011, 06:43:14 PM

And now, I am paranoid about snakes. I keep checking under my desk where my feet are, even though there is no way a snake could get in here...

Oh, there's always a way... :freaky2:

:up2:

Lynx

five-oh I remember one guy telling about when his dad crawled under the house to fix something and crawled back out again a lot faster.  When they asked him what happened he said, "Well I reached to pick up the crowbar and it wiggled out of my hand."
"Do you sing at church?"

RainbowJingles

Okay, Five-oh.  I'm not glad about your snake encounter, but I AM thankful for that laugh.  I really needed that today.  lol

Roscoe

Quote from: RainbowJingles on June 07, 2011, 07:32:58 PM
Okay, Five-oh.  I'm not glad about your snake encounter, but I AM thankful for that laugh.  I really needed that today.  lol
Glad to have helped.  :laughhard:
Quote from: Chseeads on June 07, 2011, 06:47:41 PM
Quote from: five-oh on June 07, 2011, 06:43:14 PM

Oh, there's always a way... :freaky2:

:up2:
:pound: :pound:

Bad thing is, I'm gonna have to brave it and go out there at some point. The shop is just too messy, and I want it to be somewhat neat for the car show coming up.