Cats like Sardines - It's Sharing 518!

Started by MsJennJenn, June 05, 2023, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on December 05, 2023, 02:50:28 PMALL Skittle > Reeces.
 Reeces is like the bottom of the barrel, re: candy, while Skittles and M&Ms are surely God's chosen candies. :hypocrite:
No argument here. I don't like reese's pieces at all. It was just a theoretical question.

I don't even like it enough to spell it correctly, and now I got all y'all spelling it the same way. Oops.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

Man...I like Reeses in all shapes and flavors.  And whoever is behind the marketing on Reeses is a genius.  It's in everything!

One of my surprise favorites is the Reeses Peanut Butter Cups with Potato Chips.  Tastes like a butterfinger.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Quote from: mini on December 06, 2023, 02:14:14 PMMan...I like Reeses in all shapes and flavors.  And whoever is behind the marketing on Reeses is a genius.  It's in everything!

One of my surprise favorites is the Reeses Peanut Butter Cups with Potato Chips.  Tastes like a butterfinger.
Reeses peanut butter cups are different. Those are not bad.

Reese's pieces are very bland. They don't even have the chocolate that the peanut butter cups rely on. They should trade out the candy shell for a chocolate coating.

Also... You're a reecist! :P
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

I'm just not a huge fan of peanut butter in general. I think that's why I'm meh about Reese's.
My favorite candy bar is a Zero!

And Lynx I never can remember if reeses has an s or a c LOL so i just went with how you spelled it initially.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

@Work.

So very sleepy. snacks are keeping me awake, but just barely.

Roscoe

Finally. Lunch. Ribs from Church Street. A tad disappointed, he overcooked them a bit for my tastes which is rare..he's usually dead on.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

And again I find myself at odds with my desires. I do desire to be at home. I am, instead, earning my bread...
Hope everyone is having a good day.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Is it gluten-free?

It had better be gluten-free, peanut free, tree nut free and every other kind of allergy free, or somebody gonna get triggered.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Urgh. Coffee....Must.Have. Coffee.....

Morning is NOT my friend. :pound:

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

So far it does seem to be, yes.

Earlier this week I did a pigs in a blanket test. I got beef Vienna sausages, Pillsbury crescent rolls and store brand crescent rolls. I tried half of each crescent roll brand with butter, garlic and basil, and the other half dry.

Turns out name brand does matter a lot with crescent rolls, and the butter made them soggy. So now I will know what I am doing when I make them for Christmas parties.

I refrigerated the leftovers from the tests and inadvertently found out they taste much better chilled. So this morning I made up a batch and they are cooling for the church Christmas party tonight.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Busy weekend. Got the A's alternator, fan belt and new hoses installed...it should be good to go. Installed my early Christmas present, a new to me ham radio in the Ford F150. Church Christmas party. Preached tonight. Gonna head to Memphis tomorrow for my monthly meet-up with fellow ministers...and this time I'll enjoy my ham radio on the way.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Lynx on December 10, 2023, 03:54:32 PMSo far it does seem to be, yes.

Earlier this week I did a pigs in a blanket test. I got beef Vienna sausages, Pillsbury crescent rolls and store brand crescent rolls. I tried half of each crescent roll brand with butter, garlic and basil, and the other half dry.

Turns out name brand does matter a lot with crescent rolls, and the butter made them soggy. So now I will know what I am doing when I make them for Christmas parties.

I refrigerated the leftovers from the tests and inadvertently found out they taste much better chilled. So this morning I made up a batch and they are cooling for the church Christmas party tonight.
Oh no! Vienna sausage will ruin them. 
Use little smokies.

MsJennJenn

I concur with Sandra. Don't use vienna sausages. Gross  :pound:
Lil smokies are ten times better.

Praying so hard I hear from Aetna this week. Have to drive back to DFW for last work meeting/holiday party. Not at all looking forward to seeing my boss. It's just gonna be weird. Oh hi, you chose to not pick me so now after 22 years I'm being termed. Let's exchange pleasantries. Sorry no I dont wanna.  :noo:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Lil Smokies, aka coctail weenies, are bleh.

On the other hand, I don't know what brand of Vienna sausages you were thinking about. Almost all of them are disgusting. There's only two or three brands that are actually good.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

I'm usually adventuresome with food. And I grew up with Vienna sauages...they have their place. In the glovebox of an old pickup with a tube of saltines for a snack while on back road excursions, for instance. But never in pigs in a blanket in my opinion. Lol. I love Lil' Smokies. I'll sit down with a bowl of them in bbq sauce and make myself happy. 
Back at work, hurting this morning.

MsJennJenn

GETTING MY AETNA OFFERRRRR. The recruiter just emailed me she got the info to go ahead!!!
AHHH THANK YOU LORDDDD!!!!!

And my offer letter start date will be 12/24 (sunday start of new pay period) so I won't be termed or have disruption to my pay or benefits!!! OR LOSE MY TENURE!!! AHHHHHHHHH

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Thanks everyone for all of the prayers!!!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Backseat Radio

Tomorrow starts Event 4 at Walmart. Mostly Electronics and toys this time.  Event 1 and Event 2 was the November Black Fridays. No clue what the missing Event 3 was supposed to be since we never got info about an Event 3.

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on December 12, 2023, 05:21:59 PMGETTING MY AETNA OFFERRRRR. The recruiter just emailed me she got the info to go ahead!!!

And my offer letter start date will be 12/24 (sunday start of new pay period) so I won't be termed or have disruption to my pay or benefits!!! OR LOSE MY TENURE!!! AHHHHHHHHH

See God go. :lol:  Goodbye old boss, hello new beginnings!

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on December 12, 2023, 06:49:13 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on December 12, 2023, 05:21:59 PMGETTING MY AETNA OFFERRRRR. The recruiter just emailed me she got the info to go ahead!!!

See God go. :lol:  Goodbye old boss, hello new beginnings!

So sooooo thankful!!!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

I am excited for you!  Congratulations JennJenn!

Nelle

:hyper:   Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Backseat Radio on December 12, 2023, 06:23:42 PMTomorrow starts Event 4 at Walmart. Mostly Electronics and toys this time.  Event 1 and Event 2 was the November Black Fridays. No clue what the missing Event 3 was supposed to be since we never got info about an Event 3.

Another yay! I'm needing some toy presents for some of our cousins' kiddos. I'm so not prepared. I did NOT do a good job of keeping up this year! LOL.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: Backseat Radio on December 12, 2023, 06:23:42 PMTomorrow starts Event 4 at Walmart. Mostly Electronics and toys this time.  Event 1 and Event 2 was the November Black Fridays. No clue what the missing Event 3 was supposed to be since we never got info about an Event 3.
Comedian quote:

I realized just this year, when Black Friday came and went, that I finally have a thing that I can look at a kid and say, "You kids have it so easy. Back in my day, on Black Friday, you would get WRECKED! We used to fight like savages in the aisles, over a toaster. All you kids gotta do is go click, click, click, and the deals come to you."

Black Friday used to be the closest we as a society came to The Purge.

- Josh Johnson
"Do you sing at church?"