Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

It's such a nice day. I'm thankful for springish weather.

Nelle

MJJ - Did you try Dawn? I'm not sure it'll work, but I guess it can't hurt, haha.

@Work. Eating my gas station burrito and corn nuggets for lunch. Not sure if I want to make spaghetti or meatloaf tonight.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Nelle on March 03, 2022, 05:58:31 PMMJJ - Did you try Dawn? I'm not sure it'll work, but I guess it can't hurt, haha.

@Work. Eating my gas station burrito and corn nuggets for lunch. Not sure if I want to make spaghetti or meatloaf tonight.

Haha I'm actually leaning into the powers of dawn. I used it last night to get this sticky tape stuff off of my bathroom floors LOL. I did get it off last night finally, but I had to scrub. Which sucked since that area is already feeling raw from irritation anyway.

I see the heart dr today at 1:30 for the follow-up.
I put beef tips in the crock-pot for dinner tonight.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Oily stuff like WD40 or orange oil or peanut butter works well on sticky stuff.

MsJennJenn

Yea lemon EO is great for getting stickers off of glass.
Just didnt wanna use crazy stuff since the whole area of that skin was irritated. So I just use antibacterial soap and scrubbed lol ...

No cardio follow-up. Was a scheduling error. So irritated! Now I have to wait a week. Sigh
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

I got 15 bean soup in the crock pot today. Gonna slice an onion and eat with it. And some rice. Not low carb but that's ok. I'm craving it today.

Also my heart rate is low. The past three days I've not been able to donate plasma. And since I've now been turned away three consecutive days, I have a paper for my Dr to fill out before I can go back and donate. I'm so irritated about that.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Nelle

At least I guess if you've already scrubbed it, now you can baby the skin to make it feel better.

Not sure how long the CPAs are going to be here today. Hoping we aren't here TOO late.

Roscoe

Lawd. Been too busy to log in...
Today was beautiful. Like almost 80. Perfect- but I was stuck inside! :pound:
I DID fire up Sam and take him for a short drive though, when I got home.  It's a shame, as pretty as it was, I still had to MAKE myself go out and tinker with him and clean up a bit. Just have zero energy anymore. I've always been Lazy, but I will admit that I seem to be going to a new level.
 Enjoyed my ride in to work. Seems like over the last month or so, I silently talk with God on the way in. I've done this for some time, but it's been a different feel lately. Like He sits down and talks to me. It's like having a Friend in the car. Don't know how to explain it without sounding like a nutcase, but it's like my brain forms a question or a comment- and instantly a response.
I thought it was just me, until the other day I formed the thought telling God I specifically needed to hear something from someone- and I nearly instantly got a text addressing that very thing. As in within ten minutes. With the mental stuff I've battled lately it sure feels good to have Him respond.
I love Him so much, and I'm so thankful He didn't throw me away when I was rebelling and being a heathen.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Yea I've just been putting Vaseline on it lol

Close to 80's here all week too. Been kinda overcast today though.

And 15 bean soup? lol that's a lotta kinds of beans. I didnt know that many types of beans existed.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Backseat Radio

Been a busy day here. Had to call Fuji help desk to send a tech to fix the big photo lab printer. Hoping the tech comes soon.  Also had 3 older guys that ignored the memo about 3G being shutdown and had to buy new phones because their old phones stopped making calls.

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: Backseat Radio on March 05, 2022, 12:32:41 AMBeen a busy day here. Had to call Fuji help desk to send a tech to fix the big photo lab printer. Hoping the tech comes soon.  Also had 3 older guys that ignored the memo about 3G being shutdown and had to buy new phones because their old phones stopped making calls.
That's... Uh... A LOT of ignoring there! The telecom companies were getting very active with their messages and calls about 3G closing down. They even sent messages to some people with phones that would be perfectly fine after 3G closed. They called my uncle about every week to make sure he knew he needed a new phone (or that's the impression I got from the complaining he did about how much they pestered him.)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Pretty day today, although a tad overcast. Did a bit of work on Sam, go the bed off of it to start redoing it. Spent a few minutes with a politician friend who is running for secretary of state when he dropped by while out campaigning.
 He's a good guy, I hope he wins.
Relaxing in the recliner now.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Well. Spring weather is indeed here. Tornado warning. Had a 'nader pass several miles north of us while we were in church. On the bright side- warm weather. My constantly frozen old bones rejoice.

mini

Your warm-weather decided to go to Florida.

It was nice and in the 70's yesterday.  We are working on repainting the inside of the house, and suddenly the wind picked up.  It dropped to the low 40's.  And its supposed to be that way all week and a chance of snow Friday.

*sigh*
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Yea this cold got the wrong memo. Wasn't supposed to be here in the south. I rebuke it!  :noo:  :nono:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

Thankfully all the actual severe weather stayed north and south of our home. It was overall a BEAUTIFUL weekend! I enjoyed Saturday and Sunday weather SOOO much. Our two cats even were happier! I was able to sleep through night last night without them bothering me. Now.. I did wake up from being too warm a few times. We had the windows open and it was still warm for most of the sleeping cycle. Unfortunately that means when it was time to get up for work, it was super comfortable with the blankets, hahaha.

@work.

I went on lunch and bought several 2 liters of Blackberry Ginger Ale for Jeremy. He loves the stuff but couldn't find it for the longest. He was excited to hear!

I think we're having BLT for supper. Well he is.. I'll have just the bacon & mayo haha.

The Purple Fuzzy

Last night I had to turn on the air for a bit because it was so stuffy in the house, today we have the wood stove going.

mini

We have a good chance of snow Friday.

Listen, I love snow.  But I am ready for warm weather and spring.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Nelle

@Work.  Thankful for employment even if I would've rather stayed in bed haha.

Gas keeps creeping up. It went up $0.30 overnight to $4.59, and I mentally kicked myself for not getting gas yesterday. BUT - I was able to snag it for $4.29 this morning at another station in town. I have no idea why they're that much cheaper than literally every other station in 20 miles and I hope I don't regret it, hahaha. It's a recognized brand in the area so I'm not thinking it's subpar gas. Just odd.

I'm also getting tired of everyone getting admonished for complaining about gas prices. I can be frustrated about things happening that negatively affect me here at home AND also be concerned/prayerful for Ukraine people. I'm so tired of everyone popping into everyone's feed "judging" every little action or word we have. It's possible for me to be concerned about my situation and at the very same time, feel for and pray for and be concerned for someone else in a much worse situation. I'm not sure why we seem to believe they are mutually exclusive. Does it seem insignificant in light of others losing their lives? Yes. But it still concerns my life too. It may not be popular opinion, and maybe I shouldn't have ranted.. but.. it's what I feel and I shared it.

Lynx

It's very popular to criticize people these days. And that is something very handy, easy to criticize.

It is useful though for pointing out the people that you really need to get some distance away from.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

It's rainy and only 40. I'm ready for upper 60s, lower 70s.

Roscoe

:hi:
Been a long day. I actually called in yesterday and felt like doing so today. I went in because I had intakes to do and court in another county. It was business all day, then I didn't get in from court until 630.
 Lou had an interesting day too. Their bank was the target of an attempted robbery. Lou and another teller's quick thinking got the police there very quickly and let to the capture of the robber before he could even leave the bank. Thankfully, there were no injuries.

And in regards to the snow- I'm done with it. Times 100. And in regards to gas- same. Done with it too. This is very not good. I told Lou, half laughing, that it's my fault. I bought a motorhome after wanting one for 20 years, so of COURSE gas will rise to levels unheard of. The furthest I'll be able to go is to Petit Jean. And ironically, even that short trip will cost me the better part of $100. And that's without leaving the county.
In blessings/thankfulness- the state is giving officers, myself included, a $5,000 bonus. It'll be July first before we get it, but I'll be thankful to receive it. That, coupled with my raise they gave, then took back to give again, will make a nice little bit for the savings account and remodel project.