News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelle

@Work.

Horrible night last night. Was sick off and on throughout the night. Came in late in the morning to work to do payroll and some odds/ends of things that need to be turned in. I feel better, but you always have that post-sickness feeling that makes you feel weird. Taking it slow and waiting my turn for a nap after work, haha.

We have weather moving in here as well, so I'm spending another Wednesday against the wall racing the clock and the weather, haha.

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 24, 2022, 06:55:42 PMI think I'm ready for Spring

I was ready for spring in December lol
I'd be happy skipping winter altogether.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

I second, third and forth the motion to move to spring. Would strongly consider a direct jump to summer, too.
I'm at home. And they are showing another round coming through in the next hour..

On the bright side, I got notification today that my ten hours shifts actually have a start time. April. A month further out than I want, but at least it's somewhat firm now.

I'm about to fire up the smoker and put five little cornish hens on to smoke, along with steak
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

My pastor loved the liver. Haha.

It's been nice-ish weather here this week. Not too cold, but not hot either.

I was off today and had a great day hanging out with my friend and her kids. Work tomorrow and Saturday. Yay.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Backseat Radio

Winter dumped a few more inches of snow and some freezing rain here. Spent the evening making snickerdoodle cookies for a coworker's birthday.

MsJennJenn

Sun is shining bright here. But there's more rain on the way supposedly. I'm OVER it. I have packages that keep getting delayed and my Amazonian heart is grumpy cus I want them nowwww.

Happy Friday!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

Quote from: Nelle on February 23, 2022, 07:55:48 PM@Work.

Horrible night last night. Was sick off and on throughout the night. Came in late in the morning to work to do payroll and some odds/ends of things that need to be turned in. I feel better, but you always have that post-sickness feeling that makes you feel weird. Taking it slow and waiting my turn for a nap after work, haha.

We have weather moving in here as well, so I'm spending another Wednesday against the wall racing the clock and the weather, haha.

Things did not improve as I thought they were.. I was sick yesterday again, but thankfully not the same level as Tues Eve/WedAM. I feel much better today even than I felt Wednesday during the day, so I'm praying it's done. I hate nausea.

@Work. Came in late today again due to sickly. The weather has removed itself from our roads, but our trees are still so pretty and glassy. I hate that it could possibly harm them, and I'm much agreed with spring coming. I just wish the stormy weather didn't come with all that.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on February 24, 2022, 07:28:45 PMI second, third and forth the motion to move to spring. Would strongly consider a direct jump to summer, too.
I'm at home. And they are showing another round coming through in the next hour..

https://www.gocomics.com/arloandjanis/2022/02/17

("Calf rope!" means "I give up!")
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Backseat Radio

I feel lousy today.  I got my 2nd Hepatitis B vaccine shot last night.  Today's been irritable, tired, sore throat, heavy chest.  Thankfully my last shot won't be until the end of June.

Roscoe

:hi:
 Went to a youth service last night. Then to a widow lady who goes to our church's home and helped install a water heater. Went by Walmart and got a few things, came home with a major headache. It's cold here but at least there is no precipitation.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

:hi: Everybody busy today? Last night was dreadful. Around 5 or so I started feeling poorly. The rest of the nigh, literally was a series of fast trips to the water closet, and that carried on until after 4 am. Zero sleep. I wussed out and requested Bro Wilson to cover for me. The trips are becoming less frequent, thank God, but still more often than I would like.
On the bright side, it is supposed to be in the 70s this week.

Backseat Radio

I spent much of my day resting after being up multiple times last night sick. Hoping to be better tomorrow.

Per my mother's request, I'm making plans to take my mom to the UPCI Indiana District Ladies Conference in April and stay in the same hotel with ladies from her church. Not looking forward to spending a Friday night in a Pentecost church service but I'm not going to deny mom the opportunity to do something special she wants to do.

The Purple Fuzzy

Thankfully it didn't rain today like all day yesterday.

MsJennJenn

It was in the 60's yesterday and supposed to be in the 70's most of the week. This makes me super happy!

Having to wear a heart monitor thing for 48 hours. To track my heart rate/pulse for a solid 48 hours.
It's very itchy.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Why? Are you having problems?
* The Purple Fuzzy send hugs to Jenn

Roscoe

Pretty nice here today.
At work. Dealing with headaches.

MelodyB

Headaches in your head or in the form of people?

We had an amazing church service Sunday. I worked today and I'm off tomorrow. Not too much to share today except today was the first day I've seen we didn't have ANY Covid positive tests AT ALL. And we ran 28 tests!

Just last month we had 30-40 positives a day. This thing is ridiculous!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

@Work. I was here yesterday too.

Feeling MUCH better this week thankfully! We had our annual business meeting (and first with our pastor participating). I have to say... I like this new regime, LOL. He read out my reports to the church and explained things. It has given me such anxiety to have to speak in front of people, so I'm thankful he doesn't mind talking, hahahahaaha. Jeremy's grandmother resigned as secretary after 40+ years, and I was appointed to take over her position as well as retain my Treasurer position. In our bylaws, this is allowed to happen. I'm excitedly nervous, but it's really not that much additional work to what I was already doing. Just glad skills I have can be used.

Anyway.. We have CPAs coming tomorrow and Thursday, so I better get back to work.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 28, 2022, 08:34:39 PMWhy? Are you having problems?

I had a blip on an ekg in October. She said that was okay but they did an echo.
And I'm wearing the monitor cus my pulse is very high. All the time. between 90-100. average is around 60-75.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 01, 2022, 05:18:56 PM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 28, 2022, 08:34:39 PMWhy? Are you having problems?

I had a blip on an ekg in October. She said that was okay but they did an echo.
And I'm wearing the monitor cus my pulse is very high. All the time. between 90-100. average is around 60-75.

That's nerve-wrecking! I had to wear one last February because I was having what was kinda like an anxiety/panic attack for like two weeks (coincided with my mom's COVID diagnosis after us losing Jeremy's uncle and our pastor to COVID). I was always nervous I was going to somehow rip it off my chest, but that sticky stuff is serious about its job, hahaha. The echo cardiogram was awkward but thankfully the staff was amazing, even if HE was a HE, haha. Probably more considerate of me than most female medical staff I've encountered.

I'm glad they're checking you out. It made me want to just get everything checked JUST to make sure. However, I got the bill before I started getting any ideas, hahaha. I need better health insurance I think.

The Purple Fuzzy

The echo is expensive but the nuclear stress test was crazy expensive. :o

Roscoe

Urgh. Hi. Mel, in answer to your query- both. People who are headaches, and for the past several weeks I've had nearly daily headaches. Nothing blindingly painful, so I sure don't mean to complain, but just enough of an ache that I know it is there. :pound:. I know that probably doesn't make sense.
Glad you are feeling better, Nelle, and Jenn I'm glad you are getting checked.

It's beautiful and  70 ish here today. Ready for quitting time...

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Nelle on March 01, 2022, 06:42:49 PMI need better health insurance I think.

We as a country need better health insurance. It's not just you. Don't get me started lol

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 01, 2022, 07:48:05 PMThe echo is expensive but the nuclear stress test was crazy expensive. :o

Ugh don't tell me that lol

My 48 hours were up at 930 this morning. I ripped that thing right off.
My skin is soooo irritated. And i dunno how to get all this sticky stuff off.
-Alexander Den Heijer-