News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Boar, Boar, Boar in Sharing Four, Four, Four (444)

Started by MsJennJenn, August 11, 2011, 03:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IowaSkirtGirl

I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

taco_harvell

Went to Wal-Mart today and left with an injury. You think I can get combat pay for hurting my knee there? lol
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

kmymbir

Okay, so a lot happened yesterday.. wait what am I saying a lot happens everyday. somehow I never find time to update you guys.. I owe Mel an update but we have company here and They are telling me to get off the computer.. WHY ME... oh well I will attempt this again later.. I still owe pictures and a story to you guys.. Im such a slacker.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Roscoe

I. NEED. A. HUG.

Today being a beautiful day, I decided I would do yard work, as I posted this a.m.  Now I know what I'm about to relate is not nearly as big a problem as some have, but for some reason Satan used this and some other trials I've been going through this past week to put me in the "Woe is Me" camp for pity parties, and I proceeded to have myself quite the bash.  :lol:

I went out with the intention of simply mowing the yard. I'd procrastinated a bit, since it was so hot it wasn''t growing.  As a result, when the rains came this past week-we've gotten over 3 inches, probably closer to 4- the grass hit overdrive. Thus the reclaimation from the jungle. As a side note, I am not complaining about the rain. We needed it.

I get out to the lawn mower and discover that I , or Cheyenne,  have left the key in the "on" position for the past couple of weeks and the battery is dead. Get it charged and it still won't start, which is when I determine that it is out of gas.  So, Chey and I get gas, get the lawnmower started and I get ready to mow, only to find the darn thing has a flat tire. Ten minutes later, tire aired up, full of gas, good battery- I'm gonna have myself a time getting my home, which I am so proud of, looking like new. Wrong. I engage the lawnmower's blades, and the blades lock up. The bearing has gone out on one of the blades. And it broke the entire assembly, so there will be no $3 bearing fix. Nope, $50 bucks that I didn't have later, and I have the part.

While going to get the part, I decide that Chey and I would run over and see Bro. Papa and give him the tithes check. I do this so I don't forget and carry God's money around for a week when it might be needed.   :lol: We stop and get the lawnmower part, then stop at a local gas station and get a Mexican coca-cola, which is made with real sugar. It is hot out and I can just taste that cold soda.... I set it down to buckle Chey into Rusty, and the coke rolls out of the truck, onto the running board, and before I can grab it, smashes into a trillion pieces on the ground. Sigh.

I go home, where I managed to break all four bolts holding the part on, but the parts guy had told me that would probably happen, so I smartly bought them. :p  Then I go to take the blade off of the old assembly and determine that the bolts are aparently a previously unknown size. While going through the tools to find the correct tool, I remembered I had left the socket I thought was the correct one in the trunk of my Studebaker, so I go to its lean to to look, reach to open the trunk and -" Holy Mother of All That is Holy!" Fire smites my middle finger on the right hand. There is a HUGE nest of yellow Jacket looking wasps on the outside of the trunk that I have never saw, and they apparently took issue with me making their home into a mobile home.
I have given up. I sit here with a throbbing finger, an unmowed lawn, and a broken mower. Tomorrow I shall go get a new blade and bolts and fix the mower. And I'm sure it will rain so I will be unable to mow when it's done.

And that is my whine for the day. Thanks for the vent.  :biglaugh:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

*HUGS* to Roscoe.

Been there...done that. Not exactly those instances...but I've had days like that.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

Dear Lord, Roscoe...after all that, just burn the place down and move. 

Chseeads

Well, I've been tending fowl, and I'm eating a salad.

I just wanted you all to know so you wouldn't fear that the fibers of the universe were unraveling or anything.

Roscoe

Cheese, it entered my mind....but with my luck today the place would survive and I'd be in the burn unit.  :biglaugh: I won't even go into the light in chey's room that is acting up......LOl. Maybe I won't have to burn the place down. It may do it for me. :teeth:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Somebody is coming to get a few silkies in a little bit. 

After I'm done with fowl tending and such this evening, I may go over to the church and clean up the shattered glass from the lamp.  I don't guess anybody else went and did it yet.  May do it tonight cause I've got a customer supposed to be coming in the morning, and maybe if I'm lucky some more will. lol

Chseeads

Quote from: five-oh on August 12, 2011, 11:58:21 PM
Cheese, it entered my mind....but with my luck today the place would survive and I'd be in the burn unit.  :biglaugh: I won't even go into the light in chey's room that is acting up......LOl. Maybe I won't have to burn the place down. It may do it for me. :teeth:

Well, word of advice:  Don't try to fix it tonight.  :o

Chseeads

Newsman

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Amelia Bedelia

Quote from: Chseeads
Mary, you're a tigress....  Reeeewwwwrrrrr....
Shhh, you're not supposed to tell everyone that, honey. :freaky2:

I'm stripping a giant radiator cover of years of lead and otherwise based paint... using a supposedly no-VOC stripper, apply it, cover it, wait 48 hours, uncover it and neutralize it... I'm sore just from applying the goop, neck and shoulders hurt from being at awkward angles.  I hope it works, lots of small areas that I'm not sure its going to adhere to correctly.   :smirk2: 

Its going to be an awful mess neutralizing it... its sitting in the middle of my living room floor  :smirk2:

I don't what I'm thinking when I take on projects. I get possessed and as soon as I start then it flees and I'm stuck with finishing the project.

Nelle, after 6 months dry cleaners can donate clothing that hasn't been picked up - I would assume that the chances of it happening are the same everywhere... just need a forgetful bride

Chseeads

John, we know you're strange, but sorry you're sick. 

Mary.... :ignore: 

Fowl are tended.  I'm cleaned up.  Gonna go clean up shards of broken glass in a minute.  Woo!

MelodyB

Chseeads

Oh, and that Ebay dipwad never did pay me.... I think they're a hoax....they have items listed for sale....but they are a new user, no feedback.....  I suspect some sort of weird scam...I dunno.  I'll report the case and ditch it so I don't have to pay selling fees on it and mark them off to the poopoo pile as soon as enough time has elapsed. 

almondjoy

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 12, 2011, 09:30:14 PM
* The Purple Fuzzy hugs AJ & John just because.

*hugs*

Thanks mom!  I needed that.

Gotta get up and leave the house before 6:30 in the morning to get to the church.  We're having our "Great Giveaway" (basically a free yard sale), and have to get things put out.  Trying to prepare myself for the total chaos that's going to reign tomorrow as people are vying for all this free stuff.  It's amazing what people will take when it's free.  LOL

Melody

May you feel the comfort of a thousand Godly hugs Roscoe.  I think I have had almost a month now that has felt like that with other things.

Thank God this is not our home bc I'd have given up by now.

I missed it PF if your pain ever got resolved?

John, I'm praying for you. I hope you're finding rest in body & spirit.

Mel, where are u & Cheese registered? I'm assuming it's agreed your decor will be duckies? ;p

Loved the thunderstorm today. Felt like fall was here for a bit.

MelodyB

We are registered at the Feed Store, the GA Peach produce stand, and the K-Mart with all the birds in the parking lot.

Our decor will be Duckies in the bathroom, and chickens in the yard.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MellowYellow on August 13, 2011, 03:52:36 AM
I missed it PF if your pain ever got resolved?
Thanks for asking.  I'm much better than I was.  My hand and arm is still weak and I can't do some things.  I think it was a pinched nerve... maybe...

It's amazing the things we take for granted... like being able to use fingernail clippers or squeeze a stapler or pick up a milk jug.

I'm so thankful that most of the pain is gone.

MelodyB

We also except gift cards to Taco Bell and Popeyes.

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB