News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Boar, Boar, Boar in Sharing Four, Four, Four (444)

Started by MsJennJenn, August 11, 2011, 03:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

Weird cats of a feather.....

People that came and got chickens and ducks earlier came back and got a bunch of guineas and a goose.  Yay, for the selling of fowl and the making of room.

Lynx

Cats don't have feathers, they eat the creatures who have feathers. 

In response, it seems a birdbrain is selling birds to a fellow birdbrain. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

SippinTea

Had to make a run to the post office earlier... and hit a garage sale on the way home. :D Got a whole box of books for $5. Yay me. :D

Been spending ridiculous amounts of time building the ToB website. :o Thank God for a husband that encourages me in my various interests. I asked him to take a look at the website (once I had it mostly up and running) and he said it was probably better than what HE could have done. (Which was a very kind lie, but still made me feel good.) ;)

A friend is supposed to help Chris go retrieve our car from the other side of the mountain this Friday. Thank God for friends who willing help out with the mess that is our life right now. :updown: I have no idea what we would have done if Dan hadn't offered to help transport it with a huge trailer.

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

MelodyB

*pounceHUG* Ruby

Kimber says HI. She is currently laying on the floor laughing at the phone conversation I just had with my Mother. LOL

It was quite hilarious.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

SippinTea

Do tell! ... after I *pouncehug* you back. :D

Hi, Kimber! :hi:

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."

MelodyB

Ok soooo...my share:

I left the house and went and weighed at the hospital this morning, and got to see Ann. :) I gave her a bag of cookies that my dad got for free. 

Then I went to the church, and that lady was here. She had cooked the food, and had it warming up in the ovens. I went upstairs to restock the youth snack bar for tomorrow, and then we loaded up the truck and headed over to ODB. Got there, and I had to do it all there cause she did stay behind and apparently I am now going to do the stuff over there from now on, and she wont ever go again. :roll: Its ok though, Im cool with it.

So after ODB, we came back to church and unloaded the truck, and ate lunch. Then Kimber FINALLY arrived and she gave me a huge rant about various things and we had a good ranting session. Then we headed to the funeral home and got some $$ from my dad so I could put gas in the truck...then it was off to Sonic where we got huge drinks at happy hour, (HAHA Laci) and then headed to Wal_mart.

Now we are at the church, and Kimber was asleep on the floor in my office, but she is up now, fixing her hair and about to wake up our Evangelist so she can use his iron. lol

We are waiting for the rest of our group to get here so we can go to James' EP release concert tonight in Biloxi.

That is all. 

Chseeads

SippinTea

Mel - what does that have to do with a hilarious phone call with your mother? *lol*

Cheese - :headrub:

MelodyB

OH! The phone conversation I just had with my Mom...LOL

So Mom calls and she asks where I am and when I am coming home...(I told her all of this already, both last night AND this morning :roll: ) And I tell her again, and she said:

Mom: So your not coming home till late tonight?
Me: Ummm no, I told you that last night and this morning before I left.
Mom: Well I wish you would come home, we need you around here.
Me: for what?
Mom: Cause we are hungry and when youre not here, there isnt anything for supper.
Me: So you cant cook when Im not home?
Mom: It would just be better if you did.

What the deal was, Ive been busy ALLLLLL WEEK!! I cooked Monday. And then Tuesday, I was gone all day, Wednesday I had to leave in the afternoon and I didnt cook....got home late. Thursday, I left early, home late, didnt cook. Friday I was gone all day and didnt cook.

Since I havent been home...THEY ARE STARVING TO DEATH!

I told Kimber that and she was liturally R O F L.

Hehe.

Hope you found that as amusing as we did. It was down right hilarious. lol

MelodyB

Quote from: SippinTea on August 13, 2011, 10:34:40 PM
Mel - what does that have to do with a hilarious phone call with your mother? *lol*

I was typing it! Chill sista!

SippinTea

MelodyB

Parents are so helpless sometimes. lol

Since I enjoy cooking and do it all the time for the family, they seem to have forgotten how to do it on their own.

SippinTea

It's way more convenient that way. ;)

Well, for THEM anyhow. *giggle*

Lynx

Tell them bread is on the counter, lunch meat and mayo are in the fridge.  Bon appetit.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

SippinTea

Not so crazy (or unusual) as you might think. *grin*

MelodyB

iridiscente

Reading this blog: http://www.nogreaterjoymom.com/2011/08/no-words-necessary.html

I found this in the comments and thought it was worth posting:

QuoteThis reminds me of something my friend's adopted Vietnamese daughter Avi Joy, who is 4 years old, said a few weeks ago. "Mom, if I were a pastor I wouldn't preach the word. I would dance the word so deaf people would understand."

Newsman

Lady Sandra,

Thanks for the hug, and I'm sorryb yo hven't been feeling well.

A remarkable thing happened around 2 to 2 1/2 months ago..my appetite went basically dormant..I enjuoy eating sometimes, when I do eat, but my body's clock of 'it's time to eat' is off.

Stomach issues...bleh.

John  :waving:

Newsman

Lynx

For the record, bouncing between different operating systems on different computers can be confusing.  I have Windows XP on two laptops, Linux Mint on a flash drive that is being booted on said laptops, Windows 7 as my music OS on my music computer, a different version of Linux on the same music computer as a backup OS... and I've been using all of them today. 

Things that are automatic, like refresh buttons and scroll bars, are in different places on all of them.  Just slightly different, but enough to throw off automatic use.
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

w2cch.....a....s.....  Gotta finish evening fowl tending.

Lynx

Things I have learned today:

1.  If you find a half gallon of out of date milk in the fridge and pour it out in a bowl, a kitten will drink at least a pint of it.

2.  Windows 7 64-bit really hates external sound cards.  All of them.

3.  Having a backup OS on a flash drive is an ever-present help in time of trouble.

4.  I can now play "Jesus got a'hold of my life" with credible accuracy at tempo.  It just now occurred to me to try to play it and whataya know, it worked!

5.  If a kitten drinks a pint of ruined milk it can give the kitten some gastric problems, which result in quite a mess.
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Feeding cats milk is a crock.....  Don't know why that's such a stereotype...but it often leads to that issue.....