News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

For those that said it couldn't be done...well we did it! Sharing 501!

Started by MelodyB, October 01, 2015, 10:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Quote from: mini on December 03, 2015, 12:34:38 PM
MsJennJenn:  We are awaiting further information about said guy.  If he doesn't work out, Mel has a # you can borrow....

I finally text him Tuesday to see what was up. "Rough weekend. Issues with parents. 2 funerals in church. he can't text all day. cut him some slack." But remove all of the punctuation and sentences. It was one long run-on sentence. He hasn't text since. So I'm not holding my breath.  :smirk2:

And no thanks on Melbs #.  :roll: I'll pass. Had my fair share of those over the past year.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Quote from: mini on December 03, 2015, 12:34:38 PM

Lynx: I recently used a Calvin and Hobbes comic to explain black and white photos and when color was invented to my 5 year old niece.  Thanks to Calvin's dad, I had a ready answer.

Ah yes, the theory that the world was in black and white until a while ago. And when the world became color it was pretty grainy color for a while. I remember that one.

One of my all-time favorite lines comes from that comic.
CALVIN: Hobbes the world is a confusing place.
HOBBES: When it seems that way to me I take a nap until dinnertime.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Heather

It's one of those days where I just want to lay in the fetal position and cry. I'm serious. Tears are on the verge every second. I can't do this today. I have a test this afternoon.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Urgh. Been a busy day. I've ran most all day. Did grocery shopping and took advantage of Lou's holiday discount- 25% off everything we bought. Since we didn't have a big ticket item, we just used it on groceries and stocked up. Then came home, where I have managed to get in trouble with my m-I-l, accidently. Chey's buddy, Hayden, the 12 year old that has more or less adopted us wanted to come over and go with us to tomorrow's lighting ceremony. I agreed, since no one was coming over. Unbeknownst to me, Lou was going to bring Miles, her 8 year old nephew over. We have a hard and fast rule of one kid at a time because 2 or more equals someone feeling left out, and since Hayden had asked first, he got the nod. Apparently my M-I-L thinks that we favor Hayden over "your own kin". Lord. I am fixing to stop ALL overnights to the house. We have an additional kid every weekend, and it is totally getting old. And I'm tired of offending someone when all I'm trying to do is help and encourage someone.  Anyway...that's my rant for the day. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Brandon still haven't gotten his discount card so we can't take advantage of the 25% off. He's been there almost 5 months. They are supposedly sending it to the store now but who knows if we will ever see it.

Last night was our Tacky Tourist Christmas Dinner at church. It was fun. A difference from all the other Christmas dinners I've been to. Lots of Hawaiian shirts and socks/sandals combo's. We even had a few fanny packs there!

Today is a day off and I literally have nothing to do. I was going to make it a laundry/cleaning day but Brandon cleaned the house last night and he started laundry this morning before I woke up. I'm not complaining, but now I don't know what to do with myself.

Roscoe

Quote from: HeatherB on December 05, 2015, 03:45:04 PM
Brandon still haven't gotten his discount card so we can't take advantage of the 25% off. He's been there almost 5 months. They are supposedly sending it to the store now but who knows if we will ever see it.

Last night was our Tacky Tourist Christmas Dinner at church. It was fun. A difference from all the other Christmas dinners I've been to. Lots of Hawaiian shirts and socks/sandals combo's. We even had a few fanny packs there!

Today is a day off and I literally have nothing to do. I was going to make it a laundry/cleaning day but Brandon cleaned the house last night and he started laundry this morning before I woke up. I'm not complaining, but now I don't know what to do with myself.
You used to have to be there for 6 months to get the discount. Sadly, it's only 10% off, and excludes gas and groceries, but it's better than nothing. Since she had to work on Thanksgiving, they gave a bonus 15% more off...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

mini

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

I recommended that song to a friend just a few days ago. She actually lives in Arizona and was complaining about the lack of green.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Well. Aren't ya'll a bunch of chatty Cathys?  :ugly:
This weekend was...interesting. Busy. And a pain. My Saturday went by at the speed of light. The actual Saturday, I had to work for the lighting ceremony- but I did enjoy some awesome ribs on the way home. :fork: Then  today, we were busy as a one-legged man in  a butt kickin' contest, due to the building being open. In the middle of that, Bro Wilson texted me to proclaim he was 1) sick and 2) I was gonna have to preach. With zero time to study. I survived. And, the scale showed another lb down.  :clap:

Heather

We have finally figured out my stomach issues. I have diverticulitis. Bah! I've been subsisting on mashed potatoes and chicken broth all weekend. My insides were so bloated I couldn't even button a pair of jeans until today. Thankfully I am feeling much better so far today. Here's to a crash course on diet and exercise to keep my insides happy.

Pretty sure I just scraped by my Prob & Stats class with a B. It could fall on the minus or plus, but around a B nonetheless. No more math!!!! One more final left tomorrow then I'm done. Still debating whether to take my winter course or to let it go and wait for summer.

Heather

B+!!!!

Also talked to the professor teaching the winter course and decided to bite the bullet. I'm going to run out of financial aide if I keep fiddle fartin around.

Roscoe

:hi: Friday, I took advantage of the local butcher's sale, buying up some insanely cheap ($4/lb) sirloin. So tonight, since it was nearly 65 degrees, I decided to grill out, especially since I'd eaten light, less than 500 calories, all day.. Good decision.  Lean Sirloin, Head Country seasoned chicken breast, green beans, and a luxury for me- a handful of seasoned fries. Twas delicious. :fork: And now I am stuffed. Truly. And still right around my 1100 calorie limit.

Heather

Completely surprised myself with my test grade from Thursday. I thought for sure I'd maybe get a C and pulled a 110 out of my boot. Took my final for that class today. I'm telling myself a B overall when grades post later but I'm really hoping an A. Overall though, my Fall semester is over.

Got offered a 2nd job in my department on campus yesterday for next semester. Its contingent on me finishing my winter class as it and the job has to do with sociological research.

Roscoe

:hi: Back at work. Right hip hurting. I thought losing this weight was supposed to fix that. :pound:  And the scale said 220.8 this morning....Finally moving in the right direction again. :clap:

Lynx

There's two sayings I didn't know anybody else knew.  "One legged man at a butt kicking contest" and "fiddle fartin around."

By the way Bobby, I was reminded of a quote that reminded me of your place of employment. It was from a video game I played back in the day.

"Wanna play cards?"
"Sure. But I don't have any money so it'll have to be State Senate rules."
"What are those rules?"
"That's where we trade cards and try to beat each other, but nobody wins, everybody loses and nothing gets accomplished. It's like stalemate, except the objective is to kill time until the audience gets bored and leaves."
"Do you sing at church?"