News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Unfortunately Isaac's still a bit flighty in Sharing 490

Started by Lynx, December 21, 2013, 10:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Lord ,I want it to quit raining. The only toilet I have on the place functional is the one in the unheated shop, due to the flooding in my back yard. Feels like I've taken a step further back in time than even I want to....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

I'm ignorant of this and how Sandra's pipes froze.  Nathan said they don't install the pipes as deep in the ground the more south it is?  How can flooding mess up your pipes?

Tip:  Styrofoam with a hole cut out of it makes a formidable toilet seat that isn't cold. :)

Lynx

Quote from: kmymbir on January 11, 2014, 02:23:09 AM
I have not been on here in a long time, I got on Facebook today and the very first thing I see, is this picture... Which of course reminded me a little of a friend here... Forgive the way it reads... It was the pictures that made me laugh!

What a waste of a good pair of treksports...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Newsman

Quote from: Newsman on January 10, 2014, 06:24:18 PM
Your Attention PLEASE!!!!

Note the officer in question did NOT deny he cross-dressed, only that the room wasn't pink!

So, what non-pink rooms do you still have at your place?

John  :waving:

Quote from: Roscoe on January 10, 2014, 12:58:01 PM
Quote from: Newsman on January 10, 2014, 11:33:47 AM
Mini getting ANOTHER BBW, and Bobby crossdressing in his pink kitchen?

Sigh  :sadbounce:
:pound: It AIN'T pink!! :pound:
:P Morning all. Just got up. Whole list of things to do.....

Lynx

The following doesn't mean anything to most people, but I'm happy about it and must enthuse for a bit ---

My Sandisk Extreme flash drives came today!  :D :D

The speed of a flash drive is mostly based on the controller chip it has - some have really cheap controllers and are impossibly slow.  These SD Extreme flash drives have single NAND controllers, the same thing they use in solid state hard drives.  Basically these are SSD on a stick. 

As I run whole computer operating systems from a flash drive, this is very important to me and I am very happy right now.   :clap:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

The sun is out again! No ice, no rain- I now understand how Noah must've felt on the first pretty day after the flood.:lol: Gonna take ole Rusty for a cruise I'm thinking...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

It's pouring down rain here...I was sick all night long, throwing up, kept the entire house awake cause of our current cramped living situation, and to top it off, I just fell off the bed. :smirk2:

This bed I'm sleeping on is much higher than I'm used to. When I sit flat on my backside on the bed, my feet dangle a foot off the floor...well I woke up, and I'm sitting on the bed, and I dozed off again and fell forward off the bed. Luckily I landed on my feet, and no my face, but my heart is still racing. Ugh.

What a dummy.

I should just crawl back under the cover and not come out till Tomorrow with a start like this. :smirk2:

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

They actually make "tabi" socks, socks with a cleft between the first two toes, specifically for wearing with sandals.  They don't sell them around here though, you have to get them online.  I can't imagine how uncomfortable the pushed-in socks in that first picture would feel.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MellowYellow on January 11, 2014, 05:11:30 AM
I'm ignorant of this and how Sandra's pipes froze.  Nathan said they don't install the pipes as deep in the ground the more south it is?  How can flooding mess up your pipes?

Tip:  Styrofoam with a hole cut out of it makes a formidable toilet seat that isn't cold. :)
our pipes that froze were above ground and used for water faucets in the yard. We had them insulated but not enough for extended teens & twenties temps.

Chseeads

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Newsman

MelodyB

Hey Jenn...what is the things to order at chipotle? Your favs?

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MelodyB on January 12, 2014, 05:24:08 AM

I order a bowl: white rice, no beans (although the black beans are good), steak, pico, corn salsa and lettuce.
The quacamole is amazing.
I've also gotten the tacos (hard or soft, corn or flour). With above said items.

The red sauce is extremely hot. It will give you heartburn.
Never tried the other meats.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Back at work. Fixing to start on my taxes for the year...

Lynx

Some kind of guard YOU are, doing taxes while you're supposed to be on duty.  Tsk tsk.   :nono:
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Quote from: MsJennJenn on January 12, 2014, 06:43:42 AM
Quote from: MelodyB on January 12, 2014, 05:24:08 AM

I order a bowl: white rice, no beans (although the black beans are good), steak, pico, corn salsa and lettuce.
The quacamole is amazing.
I've also gotten the tacos (hard or soft, corn or flour). With above said items.

The red sauce is extremely hot. It will give you heartburn.
Never tried the other meats.

I'm not announcing it on FB yet, pending notification of some of the Youth in Pascagoula, but I have decided to move to Tallahassee.

The situation with my parents is out of control, and since being here less than two weeks, I've landed a job, got a car, and a place to live with people who actually WANT me around.

So yeah. Headed back to MS this week to pack, say goodbye, and get out of there. :clap:

But I discovered that Tallahassee has a few Chipolte places, and I wanted an idea of what to get before I go try it. It may be a few weeks from now, but I WILL try that place, just cause of Jenns rave reviews. :fork:

Lynx

Bobby must have a really complicated tax setup.  I pestered him repeatedly via text message and he has yet to return fire reply.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Yay Mel!!!!!  :cool:

I spent 1 night at my apartment on Thursday and I've since been back at housesitting. Sadly I feel as though Lexi is not going to make it much longer. She is currently in kidney failure and has to be take daily to the animal hospital for fluids. We just lost Cedes late fall. My heart goes out to Ms Gregory......

School starts this Thursday. Can't decide if I want to do a happy dance or vomit from being so nervous. I'll let you guys know what happens. lol.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 12, 2014, 02:29:15 PM
Bobby must have a really complicated tax setup.  I pestered him repeatedly via text message and he has yet to return fire reply.
:pound: :pound:

And Mel, that's awesome! Seems like, at least on the surface, God is really moving in this, since you've landed a job and a car already. And I'm assuming they have a good church?

Backseat Radio

MelodyB

Yep. Good church. Small but they have had the same pastor for 25 years and I k ow their family well. My family (cousins and inlaw-cousins) have been attending this church for longer than that...this was my summer church growing up when I came over here in the summer...so I know everyone and have friends and family here already.

We do webcast every service... So y'all are welcome to check it out for yourself...I sit on the right side halfway back. :)
http://www.actlh.com/

Backseat Radio

Its been a fun day so far.  Lesson this morning was comparing duck hunting to reaching the lost with the gospel message... courtesy of Ducky Dynasty putting ideas into the preacher's head.  Also got to check out a new restaurant after service.  Half the group I went with got the taco salad.  :fork: 

Found out on the way to the restaurant that our church sign got defaced this week.  The elders had put on the sign "Marriage   One Man   One Woman   God".  Someone went through and stole 2 letters off the sign, completely changing the message.  I'll let you guess which two letters.   :o