News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Unfortunately Isaac's still a bit flighty in Sharing 490

Started by Lynx, December 21, 2013, 10:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Sounds familiar.  I sent some sourdough cinnamon rolls home with Chel one time and her parents didn't get so much as a sniff.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

Then tell the southerners quit wanting snow.  Lol

Global warming my foot.

SippinTea

Didn'tcha get the memo? "Global warming" is SO 2012. Now it's called "climate change"........ since that whole global warming thing didn't pan out so well. :biglaugh:

Trying to decide between playing an online game with hubby or reading a book. Hubby doesn't know I'm debating. Which means he doesn't know he may be playing a game with me soon. :cool: Either way, I'm gonna go make some hot chocolate. Today has been rough (thanks to Miss Arabella's new teeth working their way down). Chocolate is a must, now that she's finally in bed. :lol:

Oh, and for anyone NOT connected with me on FB.... (Isaac, for one).... Chris got a job. :D :D :D He starts on Monday. SO. SO. SO. thankful! Fourteen months is a long time to not have steady work. :o

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Lynx

Much too long.  Back in 2008 when the economy tanked and I was looking for work, I started going stir crazy before the first month was up. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

Howdy. I'm alive! :hi:

Funeral on Tuesday was amazing! The power of God swept in and we laughed and cried and gave my pastor a great send off! He would have loved the music and the dancing. His wife and my brother tore across the front with his prayer shawl draped around them, and I'll tell you what...wehadfun to sing the song again...twice. Yeah, it was THAT good. No funeral songs for that service...we had CHURCH!

After the graveside service, (it was FREEZING BTW, and windy) the family came back and had a good ok fashion eatin' meetin'. The ladies in our church did right by us and we had all kinds of lovely food. Then we (my cousins and I) said our goodbyes and we left. I was packed and READY to go.

10 minutes into the trip and I was already starting to relax. So much so that I dozed off...I slept MOST of the 7 hours it took to get to their house. I woke up when we stopped a couple of times, and I tried to stay awake, but just was too exhausted.

When I say exhausted, I mean it. We got here, it was about 10:30. I put my stuff in my room, helped unload the car, put on my PJs, we watched the ball drop on the TV and each had a mini bottle of bubbly to drink and I promptly went to bed.

I slept.

And slept.

And slept some more.

Then a little more.

No joke...I went to sleep Tuesday at midnight...woke up around 12:30 noonish on THURSDAY. Yes, I got up briefly to eat and potty and I think I took a shower at some point, but honestly, I don't know much of anything about those two days. I was TIRED. After all the stress and sickness at home, it wa a relief to be somewhere where I could physically FEEL a difference.

I'm still tired, still catching up on rest, but I feel a lot more relaxed and calm now. Today we ran errands and did some stuff, and tomorrow I'm going to my brothers house for the day. He's promised a pot of chili and a FIRE!!! WHOOT!! cant wait!

That's my share for now.

:hi:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Wow.  I only sleep that much when I'm sick.  That's the only time I'm that tired.  I can't even imagine being that tired without being sick. 

Glad you got caught up on rest and are feeling good. :)
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Grief and stress will do that to you. And we women carry stuff much more then men. Stress affects (effects? I never know) our bodies.
Glad you got some sleep melbs!!!! And are having a good time.
Praying God rejuvenates you and gives you what you need!!!
:hug:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Affect and effect can both be used for some cases.  "Effect" as in "we can effect the new policy immediately" is a great way to trip up grammar nazis. ;)
But in this case, stress affects our bodies.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

All things except me are now moved to my apartment. I'm still staying at the lake house petsitting.

Everything here is frozen. Our low coming up Monday night is supposed to be below 0. And yes, everyone around here is flowering out about it.

Mel-I'm glad you got some rest and some SLEEP!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Boiling mad...at Walmart. I told Lou, while she was at work to have the oil changed in her car, telling her to just have them put the bulk oil in it. The bulk oil even is good enough now, especially the kind of driving we do and as often as we change oil. Those fat crooks tell Lou that it'll mess up the engine if they don't put synthetic oil in it. Since she couldn't get ahold of me thanks to my sorry phone service, she went ahead and had them put synthetic in it. Cost difference- well, it took a $30 oil change to $55. Fat crooks. I hate a liar..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Most of the employees at Wal-Mart are following an instruction manual, just doing what they were told to do.  Blame Wal-Mart itself for writing the manual in such a way that it gyps the customer by default.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

I change my own oil. One of the few things you can do to my car without fear of messing anything up. Also, way cheaper.  :cool:

Melody

Had family get back in the country and have been stuck in Chicago. The only flight they can get is to KC.  So we are heading out to pick them up and drive them to Tulsa. We both praise sing in the morning so we'll have to hurry back. We're supposed to be getting up to 4in of snow currently.  We'll see.

I'm doing most the driving as Nathan worked today in the cold and I only cleaned the church for a few hours.  Now to convince him I need a froofroo coffee to stay awake. :D

Roscoe

Quote from: HeatherB on January 04, 2014, 10:47:57 PM
I change my own oil. One of the few things you can do to my car without fear of messing anything up. Also, way cheaper.  :cool:
When it comes to Rusty and the 'vette, sometimes the Canyon, I change our own. But the newer stuff I hesitate to mess with much, and since Walmart's bulk oil change is only $27-ish, I can't change it myself any cheaper. Add in the facts that 1) it didn't get above freezing here today,2) it takes a while for my shop to warm up enough to work in it and 3) I'd have to spend a week cleaning the shop out to where I'd have room to work- well, it just made sense to have it done where Lou works, while she was working.  I usually take the car back there, and they know better than to try that on me, but I let my guard down because I didn't feel like going to town.  :smirk2:
And tomorrow I go back to work. Boo.  :-(
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Wonder if it's considered "flooding" the board if I post immediatly following myself, seperated by many hours???
Anyway- could use a spot of prayer. I haven't said anything, but my right leg has been acting up lately. It was like it went to sleep starting thigh high. At first I thought I was sitting in the recliner wrong, but it's started doing the same thing when I was lying in bed last night and seems like it is doing it now, today, with me walking. Kinda a burning sensation, and numbness from thigh to knee....some kinda nerve issue I suspect, but I haven't a clue what caused it...

The Purple Fuzzy

Praying it gets better, Roscoe.  Leg problems are no fun.

Heather

After a few bouts of randomly hobbling around because my big toe and the ball of my foot will just hurt and ache and just not be happy, my mom has 'diagnosed' me with gout.  :roll: Granted gout is usually in overweight, older men and I'm an average weight almost 31 year old female. But granted I did all the things recommended for people with gout and the pain ceased. So who knows......

One of the dogs I'm petsitting for has a crazy, wicked cough going on. To the point I slept on the couch just so I could be near her and hear her. We are all going to the vet tomorrow [on my day off....]. Everyone [animal wise] needs shots and Lexie has GOT to get this cough taken care of.

I don't know if any of y'all watch football. Not sure if I'm gonna catch the game or not, but all I gotta say is Go Pack Go!!!  :cool:

Melody

We got back from Tulsa at 5 this morning, slept 2hrs and went to church. We were in some windy snowing on the way back. I tried to take a picture and video for you guys but the flash only showed the tons of snow flying at the windshield.  The roads were covered in KS so we used the grass edges of the road for reference.  The snow was so dry that it wasn't slick. Fun road trip with my honey. :) it did add 45 min to our 4hr drive but what'd'ya do.

I slept today after church for a few hours but really I just want coffee. Too late now though.

taco_harvell

I love days like today! Hadn't spoken to my pastor since Tuesday when we had watch night service and he told me to preach Sunday morning. I felt strongly God gave me the message "A God of New Beginnings" using 2 Corinthians 5:17 as my secondary text. I preached it this morning but left the pulpit feeling God wasn't finished.

After service my pastor walked by patted my shoulder whispered in my ear and said "that was God and you will understand tonight". Tonight when I turned the service over to him he preached the message God had given him early in the week "A New Beginning!" secondary verse 2 Corinthians 5:17. God moved!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

Finally, FINALLY it really smells like winter out there! 

The forecast called for rain yesterday, followed by freezing tonight and everyone was afraid there would be ice on the roads.  I just checked and the road is bone-dry.  So much for having fun driving to work.  I'll be careful all the way in, but I'm severely disappointed. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

I have finally sorted through all the 270 or so CDs I picked up on my recent vacation.  Now to rip the ones I like to computer and dump the ones I don't like on a local thrift store. 

But first... now to go to work.  *sigh* Work gets in the way of a lot of stuff, y'know?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Okay, whichever one of you Yankees left the door open- close it! It was 11 degrees at my house this morning with a brisk wind making it feel, according to the weather service, -1. According to me- just too cold. This is SO not my time of year. :mad: I nearly never got my truck to start, then had to stop and gas it up, which meant standing in the cold pumping gas. Times like this I miss the old days of fullservice.
Talked with a friend last night, who diagnosed my leg issue as a Sciatic Nerve issue. He said his went away eventually after he quit law enforcement. According to his doctor, it was caused by 1) standing on your feet all the time and 2) carrying extra weight, i.e duty belt, on the waist. I'm so toast. I can't quit law enforcement, and the duty belt, which weighs between 15 and 30 lbs is part and parcel of that. :sadbounce:

Newsman

Praying, Bobby! btw, I quoted you on air this morning about the 'stinkin Yankees' weather remark, so if anyone calls you about it, I .. err, look, a bunny!
That is awesome, Jason!
Howdy Isaac and Ladies Melody, Sandra, Heather, JennJenn, Melodya, and other ladies
Seth  :pound:
This newsman has it on good authority that a certain GPer who pastors a church ran at least 60% more than the church's average at a recent Thursday evening missionary service.

Lynx

Bro. Bobby in this one area I must disagree with my brother in Christ.  I prefer winter over summer.  I dislike being either too hot or too cold, but in the winter you can keep adding layers of insulation.  In the summer you can only go so far the other way without being immodest... or getting a ticket for indecent exposure.   :noo:

Now if I can only remember where I put those three extra coats.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Newsman on January 06, 2014, 12:36:14 PM
Praying, Bobby! btw, I quoted you on air this morning about the 'stinkin Yankees' weather remark, so if anyone calls you about it, I .. err, look, a bunny!
That is awesome, Jason!
Howdy Isaac and Ladies Melody, Sandra, Heather, JennJenn, Melodya, and other ladies
Seth  :pound:
This newsman has it on good authority that a certain GPer who pastors a church ran at least 60% more than the church's average at a recent Thursday evening missionary service.
:laughhard:
Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 06, 2014, 12:37:03 PM
Bro. Bobby in this one area I must disagree with my brother in Christ.  I prefer winter over summer.  I dislike being either too hot or too cold, but in the winter you can keep adding layers of insulation.  In the summer you can only go so far the other way without being immodest... or getting a ticket for indecent exposure.   :noo:

Now if I can only remember where I put those three extra coats.
You keep the cold. I'll keep the 70 degree weather. Deal?