News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

"What color is your toilet brush?" is how it begun, SHARE everything in 4-9-1!

Started by MelodyB, January 22, 2014, 05:07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

WOWSERS Mel.  :o. That's a whole lot of crazy. I think it speaks volumes of what you did while you were there since it's all crashed the moment you left.

Whatever I was going to say, I have forgotten it.  Lol

Lynx

Quote from: MelodyB on January 31, 2014, 04:02:49 PM
The problem is, I DO care. But Im trying to remember that I need to live MY life now, and quit worrying about people who are self destructing.
Keep remembering it!  :demand:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Backseat Radio

Hoping the midweek storm that the weather service is tracking will dump enough snow to cancel Wednesday night Bible study

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

No new developments as of now...thank the Lord!

And tomorrow, I get the house to myself! YAY!

Donna has to go to a wedding planning thing she is helping with, so she is dropping Jessica and Aaron off at her moms, I was gonna go too, but decided that Ive been with them almost 24-7 for over two weeks now and Im READY to have some alone time.

I love Jessica, but she whines and cries and gets on my everloving nerves sometimes!! The past few days has been really bad. And I cant help myself stating the obvious to her and making her worse. (She is 18, but mentally she is like 8. She is used to getting her way, and while she loves me, she is jealous when I talk to her mother and pitches a fit...she resents anyone elses presence in the house when she is used to being here alone with her mom during the day...its lovely at times. :roll: )

So I will be glad for the quiet. I may read, I may catch up on The Walking Dead on On Demand, or I may get in the car and explore Tallahassee. Im not sure. I do know that I need to go to the store and get some thing to throw together for dinner. Cause Im nice like that. :hypocrite:

I will be so glad to start work and make new friends and be away from the house. I need a routine more than anything.

SippinTea

Quote from: MellowYellow on February 01, 2014, 12:31:21 AM
WOWSERS Mel.  :o. That's a whole lot of crazy. I think it speaks volumes of what you did while you were there since it's all crashed the moment you left.

^That.

Isaac, maybe you and I should call in Mel's brothers and tell them to get themselves in gear. :smirk2: She's tried to carry this one by herself for WAAAAAYYYYY too long.

Anyhow.

*Hugs* Mel.

Jason (my Jason, not Elona's Jason) got an award at school yesterday. Proud mama here. :)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Chseeads

Lynx

Too predictable Seth.  Maybe you should hire a writer like the professional comedians have.
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

What kind of award, Ruby?  Please beam a little more, It suits you. (:  Are you still homeschooling them?

Roscoe

Ergh. Morning again...Chey had her "bestest friends" stay the night last night. Two 7 year olds and a 6 year old makes for interesting nights....
Think we are gonna meet Lou at work when she gets off and go to a couple flea markets. We've not checked them out in a few months...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Hahaha we tend to forget those octaves exist until little girls start shrieking and giggling together. Lol. Bet it was hilarious.

We have an inch sheet of ice on everything. Our plastic snow shovel is pretty worthless for it. So I'm going to make some hot chocolate and cookies I think. A lovely Saturday indeed. (:

Lynx

Snow shovel?  Is that the big curved thing I see them using in movies where there's a lot of snow?  I've never seen one in real life. 

I'm not just being facetious here... I really never have seen one.
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

I don't believe you. Lol

There is tons of snow paraphernalia. You have snow shovels, snow brooms, ice scrapers for your windows. There are snow bricks: these plastic rectangle boxes with a handle on top to make snow blocks for igloos. There are snow blowers both push and lawn mower attachments.  There's ice melt and salts. Snowmobiles and chains for your tires to go romping in the snow with your jeep or truck.  People keep kitty litter in their trunk I case they get stuck in snow. It helps get traction. More north you go the more men have huge snow plow attachments to their trucks to go help plow out neighborhoods.  Small tools for snow tunnels.  I remember the snow being so deep once in Des Moines when I was little that we dug tunnels through the front yard.

We have these little packs you can get at the stores that you break whatever is inside and stick it in your shoes or gloves and it will keep them warm for hours.  Thermal line jeans and skirts, long/thermal underwear of all sorts. Snow pants, actual snow boots and gloves, though snow mittens are warmer. Drying rack for shoes and coats after being out in the snow. I WISH I had heated seats in the car.  You have to get more concentrated window washer for the car that won't freeze. There's some solutions that you can use for when your doors are frozen over in the car. Smart people have generators, fireplaces, wood stoves for when the ice weighs down the power lines or branches so heavy that they brake. Little children who play out in the snow I remember they'd get Vaseline on their cheeks nose and lips so as not to get snow burn. It's so dry out the snow/wind can sting hitting your face.

But we live in Missouri and it's wonderfully mild so hardly any of those thing are here. 

Lynx

Ice scrapers I know of - sometimes we get frost on the windshield. Salt they put on the roads, but we never have figured out why - every time they do, we get zero precipitation.  Kitty litter is good if you got stuck in a mudhole. 

All the rest of that stuff I have honestly never even seen before. 
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Melody

Any super stiff broom. For really dry snow, you don't need to shovel, well unless there's a ton. We just call it a snow broom.

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Psalm_97 on February 01, 2014, 04:38:30 PM
Snow shovel?  Is that the big curved thing I see them using in movies where there's a lot of snow?  I've never seen one in real life. 

I'm not just being facetious here... I really never have seen one.

I've got 3 different types of snow shovels

This is the type I prefer to use as it shovels better and easier for me

Also got one that looks more like this.  Hate this one cause it gets heavy when its full of snow and it doesn't get all the way down to the sidewalk when I shovel with it.

Also got me a car shovel which thankfully I've never had to use

Backseat Radio

Made it through work without much trouble from being sick.  As soon as I got off work and out to my car the headache started back up.  :sadbounce:

Lynx

At least I'm not the only one.  I've had a sinus headache since yesterday afternoon.  Ow ow ow ow OW!
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

MelodyB

I had a WONDERFUL blessed QUIET 7 straight hours BY MYSELF! I did laundry, went to the store, started dinner which turned out AWESOME, drank coffee, cleaned my room, watched 4 episodes of The Walking Dead (caught up on season 4 so I'll be ready next week when the new episodes resume) and took a nap!!

Amazing to have 7 hours of ME time.

Chseeads

SippinTea

We had to put the boys in public school this year, MY. Not what we wanted, but........ it was necessary.  :-?

Yay for alone time, Mel! :D

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel