News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

For Those That Wondered, Here's SHARING 500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by mini, June 16, 2015, 06:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

I'm thankful my church has a cafe in the foyer. Coffee included.  :cool:

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi: its been cooler the last few days but still in 90s. I hope we get some fall and don't go straight to winter...

Roscoe

Chey stayed at a friend's  house last night since they are out of school today...so Lou and I took the Corvette  out to subway for dinner. I semi-cheated....they had Mountain  dew "Dewshine" for sale....glass bottled retro soda, and it was only 160  calories. I went ahead and "treated" myself since I could spare the calories.  Stupid thing was so sweet it was sickening. I drank it,  but it took me about 3 hours of sipping. Wasn't  near the pleasure I imagined it would be..
Back at work too, with the  duty of  teaching/preaching  tonight. Message I have is not necessarily a pleasant one, but unless something  changes, I feel it's in line with God. We shall see.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Had my first Prob and Stats test this morning. I feel fairly decent about it. We ended up having a week off of that class. The teachers son passed away. My Religion, Society, and Culture class has ended up with this week off due to that instructors mother passing. It's been a weird semester so far to say the least.

Think I'm going to make some scrambled eggs before my next class.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on September 16, 2015, 12:55:21 PM
Chey stayed at a friend's  house last night since they are out of school today...so Lou and I took the Corvette  out to subway for dinner. I semi-cheated....they had Mountain  dew "Dewshine" for sale....glass bottled retro soda, and it was only 160  calories. I went ahead and "treated" myself since I could spare the calories.  Stupid thing was so sweet it was sickening. I drank it,  but it took me about 3 hours of sipping. Wasn't  near the pleasure I imagined it would be..
Back at work too, with the  duty of  teaching/preaching  tonight. Message I have is not necessarily a pleasant one, but unless something  changes, I feel it's in line with God. We shall see.
Knowing you, I'm certain you guided sheep instead of slaughtering them.  :thumbsup2:

And yes, soda is incredibly sweet. Just don't ever try the sweet tea at McDonald's. It's so sweet we always get people asking for half sweet, half unsweet. We put a whole 4 pound bag of sugar in each tea urn full. No I'm not kidding.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Pretty much tried to guide....felt like slaughtering a couple. :lol:
Back at work. Last night was the first night I can remember sleeping solidly without the CPAP machine. My sinuses were stopped up so I couldn't use it. Got up this morning and didn't have any of my usual breakfast fare,so I stopped and bought a 100 calorie pack of Special K Pastry Crisps.  Pretty tasty. About like a mini pop tart...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on September 17, 2015, 05:00:50 AM

And yes, soda is incredibly sweet. Just don't ever try the sweet tea at McDonald's. It's so sweet we always get people asking for half sweet, half unsweet. We put a whole 4 pound bag of sugar in each tea urn full. No I'm not kidding.

It's nothing compared to Chicken Express here. lol theirs is MUCHO better and sweeter. I love sweet tea - but I don't like McD sweet tea. I dunno if it's brewed too dark? It just taste gross.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

Pal's sweet tea is the best. Sadly it's a regional deal. I think we've made it as far as Morristown heading toward Knoxville.

Made a 100 on my test!!!  :cool:

Lynx

I remember Pal's. I remember the cartoon sergeant over the place where you say what you want, "ORDER!"
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

Chick Fil A sweet tea is the best. But I get the lemonade.

BTW..I'm on a lemonade kick lately...yesterday at Sonic I got a slush, made with squeezed lemons. Just the lemon juice and the slush mix. Amazing! One of my friends that work there told me to try it since I get the lemonade cream slush a lot. She said that the lemonade cream slush is made with the fountain minute maid lemonade, but if you ask, they will squeeze fresh lemons in your cup and add the slush mix and that is SOOOO much better!

Plus it's cheaper and I can get it at happy hour for half price. Cream slushes are not compatible with happy hour. Lol
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

I LOVE lemonade. I'm with you Melbs. I've been craving it so much lately. And to contradict Sandra - the sourer the better! lol I like it SUPER tart.
I also like Chick-Fil-A tea.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Noobs, all of ya. My dad used to have cans of pink lemonade concentrate, until I got into them and drank them. Now THAT was a shock to the tongue!
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

This would be a good place to channel Seth. :smirk:
Weirdos. All of you.

Lynx

Hey where is Seth lately? I've been missing his comments.

In local news: Since I work Monday through Saturday (and Sunday is not really a day off... I work then too) I asked she-who-makes-the-schedules at work if I could have one weekday a month off. I figured one day out of the whole month wouldn't cause the store to come to a grinding halt. And I got it! Yesterday I had a day off! :D :D :D

20 loaves of bread done and stashed in the freezer. And for a miraculous change I washed all the loaf pans THE SAME DAY! This is a wonder, as I usually leave them for the next day.

Also: hair was cut, chili was made, water bottles were refilled at the spring, music practice CD was left at church for someone to pick up, a story was finished and I got some work done on a soundtrack.

Maybe I should ask for a day off more often. Get some stuff done around here.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

I'm spending a wild Friday night at home doing homework. Not that I really have a whole lot, but I know my Sunday is packed and I don't want to have to stress about it.

Weighed myself at my parents today. Between vacation and the knee issues....I'm now the heaviest I've ever been. Time to get serious with the eating and the exercise. Since I can't run like I used to I guess I'll be making friends with the elliptical. Also, no more bus rides up the hill after class.

Roscoe

Have spent the last 4 hours on my head under the dash of my Corvette, trying to fix the climate control. So not happy...and tomorrow probably won't be any better because I've got to put it back together.

MelodyB

Happy Birthday, Seth... If you ever come back in here to see us. 

Roscoe

:stupid:
I miss ole featherbrain. :pound:
And in sharing, managed to re-assemble the Corvette and have it work perfectly, which pleased me to no end. Drove around in Rusty a bit...then came back to conclude some of the work on the 'vette when I hear all kinds of screaming..."Daddy,daddy, a SNAKE!" I go to check it out- it was indeed a snake, a three and a half to four foot Copperhead to be exact. He appeared 1) to have been quite healthy judging by his diameter and 2) quite ill tempered over the kids disturbing him, I guess. One shot from the '40 made him decide to leave the area quickly, but it was too late for him. I detest snakes and he wasn't leaving alive. Another shot removed his head, and now I can sleep at night..

Heather

One of the youth's from my old church got bit by a copperhead this summer [It was one of the King boys. I think I remember someone in here knowing the Kings...] He was in the hospital for a few days. His younger brother went back out in the field, caught and killed the snake the next day.

If it ain't a black snake, it should be a dead snake. I only like the black ones because the eat the other ones!

Got my rear in gear this evening. Went for a wog [walk/jog]. Probably could have gotten further than 1.5 miles had I not bit it on the last step by the parking garage. Thankfully just a stubbed wrist and no blood.

Lynx

Whenever I see a snake on the road I swerve to hit it. Then I back up and hit it again to make sure.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Yes! I have done that several times! Gives me great satisfaction to kill those horrible creatures.

Heather

I remember when I was a young kid, my dad and I used to fill up his old VW Beetle and just cruise around the country side. We popped around a curve one time and there was a black snake stretched all the way across the road. You couldn't see it's head or tail. It was a very good size around too. I remember being perplexed as dad shifted into reverse and we back up the road. I asked him why. He said #1 it was big enough it could possible damage the car and #2 he didn't want all the farmers coming after him for killing their pest control.

So now I swerve to miss the black ones, but I've been known to back up and run back over the non-black ones.

Lynx

Yeah, I will make a (reluctant) exception for green snakes and black snakes. Everything else is fair game.

I was mowing Grandma's yard, just got started on the back forty and a long black line slid by in front of the mower. Wasn't taking his time but he wasn't in a big hurry either. Kinda gave me a start at first but then I just let him go by.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Lawd. Is it Monday again?!? :pound: Where did my lovely weekend go? *sob*