News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

For Those That Wondered, Here's SHARING 500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by mini, June 16, 2015, 06:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi: Supposed to be beautiful today. Not alot planned. but this is the week for "64 Galore" a huge yard sale all the way across the state on hwy 64. Think we'll take Rusty and putter a few miles..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

2nd day off for me in a row. It's weird. I think I'll spend this morning at the pool. Brandon works later and my friend Amber is supposed to come over. Also going to swing by work to say goodbye to a coworker whose last day is today. She only wanted to work this summer and we've all threatened to track her down for next summer too.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

SCORE getting free lunch today. One of my new grad pharmacists - he starts AS a pharmacist next week, his dad owns deli's everywhere - and he has one in an office building near here. he's bringing me catfish, hushpuppies and some sort of broccoli something casserole. Says people RAVE about his dads cooking. Guess we about to find OUT!

The Lord provides! :clap:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on August 14, 2015, 10:23:40 PM
Handy to have a friend with food connections. :D

Oh it was delicious. He brought banana pudding too.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

hmmmmmm...banana pudding....one of my favorites and I rarely get any. sigh.

The Purple Fuzzy

My kiddos drove most of they way across texas today. I'm gonna really miss them once I've gotten some rest. ;)

Lynx

Someone just made a comment about facebook friend anniversaries. Do people now really expect you to keep up with the anniversaries of all the friend requests you've received? Or was someone just yanking my non-facebook using chain?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Never heard of that, Isaac.
Good morning,all. I'm up, kinda awake, and about to start my day.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Quote from: Lynx on August 15, 2015, 12:10:23 PM
Someone just made a comment about facebook friend anniversaries. Do people now really expect you to keep up with the anniversaries of all the friend requests you've received? Or was someone just yanking my non-facebook using chain?

Facebook actually notifies you. The other day I had a notification that me and my sister have been FB friends for 7 years and pictures that had both of us tagged in them were with it.

Maintenance came and cleaned our air filters this morning. Now I know how they come out of the units and I'll be doing it more often. I have to go back to work this afternoon. Brandon luckily has the day off as he ran over his foot with a pallet jack last night. It's not pretty.

The Purple Fuzzy

Here is the link to my kiddos blog if you are interested in their journey:  http://sagaunscripted.blogspot.com

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Wow. Old timers in the house. I've only been here around - oh I think October-ish will make it five.
And in sharing, I have spent my day puttering around backroads with Chey and her friend, teaching them how to drive a standard in Rusty.
Now I'm about to go mow the church yard. And for any who are interested- I'm still soda pop/Dr Pepper free. Nary a one. And still averaging  between a thousand and fifteen hundred calories a day. Starting to be a bit easier, although I would not advise bring a steak or a gutbomb burger to my house, because I wouldn't even feel guilty for slaughtering you for it. :lol:

Lynx

Hunger CAN make people do strange things... For once I'm glad I'm nowhere near where Bob lives.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Proud of you Bobby for doing that! Food habits are so hard to break. Ugh.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

PF-I've been keeping up with their blog for quite a few months now. They hadn't left Abu Dhabi yet when I started following.

Speaking of food habits, I've decided to finally try to find a sub for peanut butter. It's been 2.5 years now and I've finally narrowed down that my problem is actually the high fat content in the peanut. I tried almond butter the other night but it's just so blah. Tonight I'm going to finally try nutella since it's a hazelnut spread. Wish me luck!

MsJennJenn

Lol Nutella is 10 times worse for you than peanut butter.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/433062-nutrition-of-nutella-vs-peanut-butter/#page=2
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Just read the ingredients. Nutella is basically a semiliquid candy bar.  It's good - sooooo good! - but it's not as healthy as peanut butter.

Do you use real peanut butter - just peanuts and salt - or do you use traditional "peanut" butter that has all sorts of other goop in it?

By the way the fat content in peanut butter is good for you, so they say. It's a good kind of fat. At least in moderation... I wouldn't eat peanut butter for every meal, but a peanut butter sandwich for supper is good.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Quote from: Lynx on August 16, 2015, 01:16:37 PM
Just read the ingredients. Nutella is basically a semiliquid candy bar.  It's good - sooooo good! - but it's not as healthy as peanut butter.

Do you use real peanut butter - just peanuts and salt - or do you use traditional "peanut" butter that has all sorts of other goop in it?

By the way the fat content in peanut butter is good for you, so they say. It's a good kind of fat. At least in moderation... I wouldn't eat peanut butter for every meal, but a peanut butter sandwich for supper is good.

With my gallbladder less body, I cannot process the fat content that is in peanut butter [whether it is good for me or not]. Even just a small amount of peanut butter and I'm laying in the floor praying for Jesus to come take me. The nutella will not necessary be for nutritional value. I just really miss peanut butter. I'd eat it almost daily. Haven't had hardly any in 2.5 years. Doctors told me it's normally only a couple weeks to months post surgery that people have issues. But here I am years later. Tried just a dime size about about 4 months ago. Still terrible on me. Sigh.

Roscoe

Summer colds are the worst. I know, 'cause I'm suffering from one. Bah. :pound: I could eat cardboard right now and not taste it, I'm so stopped up.

Heather

So what you're saying is your rabbit food diet shouldn't be an issue?

Awesome church this afternoon. Had a guest preacher from West Virginia.

Roscoe

Quote from: HeatherB on August 16, 2015, 09:53:17 PM
So what you're saying is your rabbit food diet shouldn't be an issue?
Exactly. At this point, a good steak would be totally wasted on me.  :-\
But despite all of that- God showed out tonight at church. Absolutely awesome.

Roscoe

Urgh. Lawd I am ready for the day to be over with. It is TOO pretty here to be trapped inside. Sunmy, 80, and a light breeze.