News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

For Those That Wondered, Here's SHARING 500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by mini, June 16, 2015, 06:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

Brandon's work schedule has my sleep schedule all messed up. I have the worst time going to sleep before he gets home. Once he's in the door, I'm out. But this staying up til 1 am is brutal and last night I didn't get to sleep til after 2 because of my evening nap. School is in a month and it's going to kick my tale. Thankful today for church service that doesn't start til 2!!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

MMM. Chocolate biscuits. Thanks to them, I shall survive today. That is all. :fork:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

What I wouldn't give for some good chocolate gravy right about now...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on July 26, 2015, 11:58:27 AM
I am clueless, as usual.  :laughhard:

You said it not us.  :hypocrite:

Weekend flew by. I was off Friday too. My 3-day weekend is over.  :cry2:
Walked into a big ol pile of doody today though. Per usual after days off. Ugh.

NAYC is next week though. Ugh. Still dreading that. Dreading all of the work I have to get done in order to be ready to be off for 5 days.

I ate cookies for breakfast. Let the stress eating commence.

Chocolate gravy is gross. I have a friend Rueben, who eats tomato gravy. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

I had a brownie for breakfast. Off to start my 6 days work week. Ugh.

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on July 27, 2015, 02:56:23 PM

Chocolate gravy is gross.
Firstly - I disagree.  Extremely much so. However,  I  see no reason for an unprovoked attack on this wonderful  substance.  I  referred to chocolate  biscuits,  which you would also doubtless  object  too. :lol:
Something my mama would make for us....she'd mix up her homemade buttermilk biscuit  dough, flatten out a piece, and put a line of cocoa and sugar mixed down the middle.  Then she'd fold it up, put a dab of butter on top and bake. Delish.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Sounds interesting. I've never heard of that. My husband eats leftover homemade biscuits crumbled in hot chocolate.   :-\

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on July 27, 2015, 04:40:02 PM

Firstly - I disagree.  Extremely much so. However,  I  see no reason for an unprovoked attack on this wonderful  substance.  I  referred to chocolate  biscuits,  which you would also doubtless  object  too. :lol:
Something my mama would make for us....she'd mix up her homemade buttermilk biscuit  dough, flatten out a piece, and put a line of cocoa and sugar mixed down the middle.  Then she'd fold it up, put a dab of butter on top and bake. Delish.

:pound: I might eat that biscuit. lol

While i've actually never had chocolate gravy, i would still try it. I just like to hassle you.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on July 27, 2015, 04:59:17 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on July 27, 2015, 04:40:02 PM

:pound: I might eat that biscuit. lol

While i've actually never had chocolate gravy, i would still try it. I just like to hassle you.
:P
Fuzzy, I suspect my mama made those up herself as a sweet treat for us kids. We didn't  do alot of store bought sweets when I was little. Regardless,  one bite and I'm back to being ten years old...:lol:

kkay

Mmmm all this talk about biscuits has me hungry for biscuits 'n gravy! And honey covered biscuits! And grits and biscuits! Yum!

Heather: Sorry about your family problems. It's kind of weird that they make fun of you for HAVING morals instead of the other way around  ???

Heather

Thankfully even though he was told he couldn't, Brandon was able to get off work for vacation!!! I have a feeling this may be my last family vacation for a while. If he hadn't gotten off, I was seriously debating not going at all.

MelodyB

So yeah. Mom was in the floor when I got home from church yesterday. Apparently someone knocked on the door and she got out of bed to answer it and fell and broke her leg. *sigh*

She had surgery today and is doing well.

I'm just wondering when life is gonna cut me and my family a break. I'm thankful for what I have, but honestly, what am I doing wrong to deserve these things that continue to happen.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on July 28, 2015, 01:13:36 AM
So yeah. Mom was in the floor when I got home from church yesterday. Apparently someone knocked on the door and she got out of bed to answer it and fell and broke her leg. *sigh*

She had surgery today and is doing well.

I'm just wondering when life is gonna cut me and my family a break. I'm thankful for what I have, but honestly, what am I doing wrong to deserve these things that continue to happen.
Matthew 5:45 "That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust."
My dear sister- this comes to mind immediately. 1) As quoted above, good things happen to bad people- and bad things happen to good people..And 2) Job was an upright man. I would imagine that he had no equal-

Job 1:8 "And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?
Yet he went through pure hell...and stood strong. God obviously knows that you are one He can depend on to do what needs done. Remember, He never promised He would take us AROUND our problems- just that He would see us THROUGH it. Praying for your strength....
And now I'll relinquish the pulpit. :P
Cooked burgers on the grill. Took the 11 year old that goes to our church- who is fast becoming my "son"- home. Fixing to call it a night. :hi:

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on July 27, 2015, 04:54:53 PM
Sounds interesting. I've never heard of that. My husband eats leftover homemade biscuits crumbled in hot chocolate.   :-\
I KNEW there was something I liked about that guy!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Came home and mowed the yard, in the process rousting Satan in the form of a baby Copperhead. It was with great pleasure that I took its life with the Badboy's razor sharp new blades....

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Lynx on July 28, 2015, 12:31:40 PM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on July 27, 2015, 04:54:53 PM
I KNEW there was something I liked about that guy!

I just don't like soggy stuff.

kkay

Morning, folks  :hi:

Got a message last night saying my step dad burned himself out in the yard. Had to be taken to a burn center but he's doing well. He may be released tomorrow. He has diabetes so they have to make sure he starts healing properly. Mom and my aunt went with him.

Other than that, nothing exciting to report. Just really feeling the desire to start working out or at least eating better. The last month I've been eating whatever I want and I know I need to get it back in control. Maybe I'll start Monday (like every other time :))

Heather

For awhile I had gotten in the habit of walking a couple miles in the evenings. Unfortunately my knees have been giving me a lot of problems lately. They constantly ache anymore.

Roscoe

Post, thou varlets! For I have decreed it...:hypocrite: Y'all are way too quiet.

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

For three months now I've been working six days a week. And Sunday isn't exactly a day off - I don't get paid, at least not in money, but I work on Sundays. So today by some miracle I finally get a day off!

I'm not going to the store, not giving my friend a ride to work, not answering the phone... I'm not even going out the front door except to feed the dog. I might not even go out to feed the dog, just lean out and throw the dog food in the general direction of his bowl.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

After work yesterday I came home and rearranged the living room. I can't stand for everything to stay in the same place forever. Plus when we first moved in we just kind of put things where ever. Now I have an idea of how things need to flow.

No church last night. We share a building with another church and they had a funeral.

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Quote from: HeatherB on July 30, 2015, 02:31:49 PM
After work yesterday I came home and rearranged the living room. I can't stand for everything to stay in the same place forever. Plus when we first moved in we just kind of put things where ever. Now I have an idea of how things need to flow.

haha my sis makes fun of me cus I'm always rearranging. I've been in my apartment since May 7 now, and I'm itching to rearrange. But I'm not sure yet, with my gallery wall. Hmm.  :think:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

My mother is driving my crazy!!!!

She is SUCH a bad patient. Ugh!

:pullhair: :frustrated:

That is all.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?