News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Come on in, Take Some Time, Tell Us Things, Sharing 499

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, April 05, 2015, 02:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

No. It says it's indoor/outdoor. I got it at CVS.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

You must not have a porch?... All the apartments here have French doors that lead to a porch with iron fence around each. You have to go thru the apt to get to the porches. I love it. We have our grill out there and my lawn chair and now plants. The plants from dad's funeral were choked and crowded and so I repotted them and now I have my tomato plant so the porch is looking quite nice. :)

I'm pleased.

MelodyB

Triple post...

The upstairs apartment is still empty, but now the maintaince guys have been stomping and clomping around while they are painting and stuff. So far though, no sign of any new elephants.

I'm going to walmart to get a few things.

That, again, is all.

MsJennJenn

No - no patio in my new place. I decided to forgo the patio in lieu of a sun-room. SO glad I did - the sun literally (well when it's not stupid raining as it's been for the past 234583 days) FLOODS the living area & sunroom. I am IN love with it. So I get the sun - just don't have the "outside". lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

Sounds nice, and enough sunlight to grow tomatoes.

Heather

In apartment news we know that we have neighbors beside us. Their bedroom is wall to wall to ours. My only comment was at least we know it's MARRIED housing. *cough cough*

I'm still sick. You would think my face would eventually run out of boogies, but alas.....

We went to see Brandon's mom this evening. She has both our dogs supposedly on a temporary basis. One of her dogs had to be put down yesterday due to a long list of reasons. She's already saying that my dog is now hers. I know she'll take care of her though so it's ok with me.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

Not feeling great today. Stayed home from work.

MelodyB

Apartment news is that no sooner had I stated that we didn't have anyone upstairs yet, I was out on the patio with Mom and I heard someone up on the patio above us...a few minutes later, this 18 mo old baby ran by, headed to the pool with her mama in hot pursuit yelling at her to stop...when she caught her and came back by our patio, I realized it's a friend of mine that I worked with at the hospital years ago...we have remained FB friends and I saw that she was moving this week, but didn't know she would be my new upstairs neighbor!! Yay! She is a single mom and the best part is, she keeps mostly to herself and she has been up there all day and I've only heard a few thuds. :clap:

I've already invited her to church. :thumbsup2:

Two things I bought at WM today, made me vaugely remember something from GP past...
Cherry 7up. It was on sale. $3 for a 12 pack so I bought one. Haven't had any in forever, and I somehow remember someone on here loving it...Sis? Taco? Who was it?
An electric toothbrush...was it me that had the possessed toothbrush that would randomly turn on in the middle of the night or was it someone else? I think it may have been me but I don't remember...it may have been Ashlee too...for some reason I think of her when I recall that story...

Anyway...yeah.

That is all.

Lynx

Melody: Turn her on to toe shoes. People walk a lot quieter with toe shoes.  :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

I walk quietest whilst barefoot.

In apartment news, our water heated decided to flood our closet and seep out into our bedroom. Oh the joys of just calling maintenance to come fix it and clean it up. Thank ya Jesus!!

Brandon has a Sunday off tomorrow and is coming to church with me. He hasn't been to my new church yet but he does know some of the people.

As of Monday I'm possibly putting in my 2 week notice at AutoZone.

Roscoe

Well, in my "do-something-constructive" mood, I managed to get around to doing a chore that I've put off for 5 years or better. See, Dad had loaned our utility trailer to someone who managed to destroy the tail lights- both of them. Complete with ripping the wiring out. I've been hampered by the no taillights on the trailer thing every since. Mainly because if I get up town, to mow the church yard for instance, and don't get done in time to get home by dark I am running the risk of being ran over.
Today, I actually installed new taillights and rewired the trailer. I now can use it after dark. :clap:
Yeah, for you super achievers that's not much but for me it was incredible. :lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Melbs! I loveeeee cherry 7up!!!!

Made a faux capiz chandelier for my closet light fixture today.
Bout all I've done.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

Love the closet organization! I haven't even unpacked all my clothes yet. Between illness and the water heater and the lack of space, it's been a mess. I plan on tackling it today though. The living room and kitchen is pretty much unpacked. Things still need to be put on the walls. The 'office' is currently full of boxes. I figure we don't need it until school starts so I can take my time in there.

This is my 3rd night sleeping on the couch. I wake up in a coughing fit about an hour after going to sleep. I'm always worried I'm going to wake Brandon up. This morning was his first morning not having to be up before 6 am. When we did both get up this morning I sent him with my tip money to Krispy Kreme for donuts  :cool:

Lynx

Speaking of water heaters... does anyone have any information on those on-demand water heaters? Pros? Cons? I know it will take getting an electrician out to rewire stuff - it's not something you can just plug in to the existing water heater circuit. But there's also no tank to rust out and flood the floor.  Or are they prone to rupture?

Does anyone know?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Last night was not good. The storm that came through blew off shingles from the roof again. Then Lou calls as soon as I get home, she's stuck at church with a car that won't run. I get back up there and get it to run to get it home, but it's acting up again, and the "google" results for the symptoms are NOT encouraging. I had to drive the 'vette in, so Lou could drive my truck, and it's supposed to storm like crazy today. I fail to understand why a car cannot run normally for more than a year around our place. I'm fanatical about maintenance, and Lou's car doesn't have 83k miles on it yet.:mad:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I have come to accept it as a fact of life that a car will break down at least once a year. Alternator, water pump, ball bearing, something gonna go out every once in a while. I just have to get used to it.

In local news my church went up to the Tennessee district campground last weekend, mostly to just hang out. A good time was had by all, or at least I didn't hear anyone complaining. Multiple questions about when we gonna do that again? Our campground is busy almost every week of the year - pastor been trying to schedule this trip since February and it only now went through - so who knows when we'll get it again, but it was fun. Most of the fun I had was sitting at a table listening to people talk, and if you think I'm being sarcastic you oughta hear some of these people talk. I'd pick listening to them over any TV show or movie ever made.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Still feeling yucky and supposed to go back to work tomorrow.

Heather

Happy Birthday PF!

I would really like to be able to breath through my nose again. It's been so long since I've been able to. I hope it's like riding a bike and you never forget. However, I woke up to rain this morning so that's hopeful for my allergy situation.

Did double duty yesterday and worked both jobs. Today I'm just working smoothies and tomorrow is just AZ.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

I wished ya a happy birfday on facebook, so I guess I can repeat it here. :p
In sharing, I spent all day on the range. Lou's car has apparently fixed itself- or more likely the healing hand of the Lord has moved upon it. Something for which I am thankful...:pray:

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

So. The dr said I had acute bronchitis. It's a pain.

Roscoe

If it's a pain, I wouldn't see it as a-Cute. In fact, I'd consider it ugly. :ugly:
I made it through the day, was allowed to go home early. I took advantage of this and mowed the yard with the spare time. Going to church in a few, when I'd truthfully rather just stay home and snooze..