Come on in, Take Some Time, Tell Us Things, Sharing 499

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, April 05, 2015, 02:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Ashlee

I'm blah too.  Going to sleep soon. lol  Haven't been sleeping much lately. just a couple of hours here and there.  I have a doctors appointment tomorrow because my right hand has been going numb.  Not sure whats up with me.  I'm also going to talk to her about getting a prescription or letter for an emotional support animal.  Life is stressful and I think that would help me a lot.  Gonna get a dog. We're looking at a few in a shelter.  Might get these two buddies they have at the shelter.  One for me and one for my husband that we will train as his service dog.  Been fighting companies too long.  He needs a buddy too.  And I need somebody to help me out so I can sleep at night.  Nightmares of war are no fun.  lol I was gonna use the s word, but I forgot about the filter here. 

Heather

My semester is officially over!!! Now to wait for final grades. I'm gonna have an A in English which surprised me.

making smoothies this evening and 1 week til the wedding ceremony!!!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

Yay heather! My term ended Tuesday. I made A's in both! Next term starts Monday.

All moved in except the cleaning stuff, food, and microwave I left at other place.
I need a nap. :sleep:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Came home, mowed the yard, and fixed one of my antennas that was taken down by a combo of a storm and rotten supporting rope last week. I'm tarred. It's supposed to rain all weekend, so I don't dare start any projects outside. :smirk:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Yes indeed. I hurt pretty much everywhere. Even my head. But I'm in my new place. And it's so quiet. No heavy steppers above me at all hours of the day. No smoke and weed smell fililng my bathroom. Gloray!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

Ugh. Wanna trade?

The elephants upstairs don't ever just SIT DOWN!!! I mean seriously...ALLL NIGHT AND ALLLL DAY they stomp and run and thump and whatever it is they do up there. There is rarely even 20 or 30 minutes of quiet up there. I don't know when they even sit down or sleep. It's horrible. And Saturday night they must have had a party or something, and someone got sick...cause the noise didn't stop till after 3am, and when I opened the door to leave for SS, there was vomit all over the breezeway where someone leaned over the rail and let it go. Splattered all over the place right by our front door and wall. Ugh. And when we called the office we were told to clean it up ourselves. It wasn't our mess, and we don't have outside facets or hoses. How are we supposed to clean that up?

It sat there till Tuesday when I guess enough people in our building complained and they cleaned it up.

Apartment living is definetly an adjustment. 
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

MsJennJenn

It really is an adjustment. People are so gross.
My upstairs neighbor at the previous place was the same way. Up and down and stomping, thumping, banging all kinds of racket. She'd keep me up at night and wake me up before the crack of done. Ugh. I was so done. Some days I felt like I was gonna go crazy. Now I'm on the top floor. Praise the Lord! :clap:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

You all are just reminding me why I'm happy our apartment is on the top floor.

In other news my grades for the semester gave me a 3.66 and upped my overall gpa to 3.02!!! Woot!!

MelodyB

Since my Mother is the reason why I live in these apartments, and she has screws in her knee and walks with a cane, we are unable to live anywhere but ground level. Unless there was an elevator which there is not...

We do have two pools though. I have yet to go swimming in them though cause I want someone to go with me. Fat girl don't wanna go out there alone. Haha!

Lynx

Note to self: If ever living in apartment, get one on top floor. Then they can complain about me instead of me complaining about them.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Note to self: Never live in apartments. Enjoy the country. :ugly:
Got up this morning about 30 minutes ago with a strong hankering for French Toast, so I got up and made some. Now I'm trying to determine what to do next today. There's a chance of rain, and evidence that it rained hard last night but it appears to be clear and pretty out right now...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Rainy here too.

Hedge trimming on a Saturday morning is just wrong. WRONG! Trying to nap here people! :demand:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Ugh. Back at work. It's a cloudy rainy day. So wanting another weekend- this last one went by too fast and was completely unproductive thanks to the weather.

Heather

I'm going to kill one of my friends. We had my bachelorette party last night [which was dinner at Logan's]. She sent me home with half a cake!!! Not that I have to fit in a dress in a few days.

The Purple Fuzzy

Supposed to possibly have bad weather this evening. Tornado watch for now.

Heather

I will be spending mother's day hanging out at my parents alone taking care of their dog because my sister breezed into town and has kidnapped my mother. I'm ready to be married and leave this junk behind for good. I'm tired of being the convenient child.

Roscoe

Well... in sharing,I did something extravagant that I'll have to eat bologna for a month to pay for. And it doesn't involve car parts or radios for once.
  The other day, while at work, some obviously Apostolic ladies came through the metal detector to do a photo shoot for a line of Apostolic ladies' clothing. I got the website (daintyjewells.com) and showed Lou..she loved the dresses, skirts, and blouses,one particular dress alot. After looking at the prices- Yikes! She said it was a shame because she really liked the clothing. :cry:
Being crafty, I had heard her mention a dress size while shopping the other day and complained that they didn't have it, as it was her size. I remembered it. Armed with this info, her height,  and the knowledge that I have a bonus check coming up with which to pay off the credit card I'd have to abuse, I went to the website where I discovered that while I had a numbered size, they listed their sizes as "S" "M" "L" ect..Definitely NOT a husband friendly website. :pound:
So I emailed them, told them my dilemma and begged for advice. They replied promptly, talked with the seamstress, and emailed me back their recommendation. I ordered her a dress (the style she really liked) today. It'll be a couple of weeks before it comes in, and I think I'm gonna keep quiet about it. (She never checks here).  Lord. She better not get used to this. I can't afford $100+ a pop for clothes..
Maybe she'll see that I do love her and I do listen. Just not when she's yelling at me.   :P

Chseeads

I would not like apartment living a'tall.  It would just feel like being in a hotel forever.

I clean at that apartment building once a week (condos technically, individually owned units, but in an apartment building setup, same diff...) and you can hear people inside their apartments when you're in the hall and stuff.  I don't even like houses that are right next to each other.  I need a buffer zone, the bigger the better. lol