News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Don't Tempt Fate- Post,Post,Post, in Sharing 498!!

Started by Roscoe, February 13, 2015, 02:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:nono: This hugging the old grump has GOT to stop. Ya'll is encouraging him. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Roscoe on March 03, 2015, 11:24:43 PM
:nono: This hugging the old grump has GOT to stop. Ya'll is encouraging him. :pound:

Sounds like envy!!!  :hypocrite:  :hypocrite:
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Lynx

So... I'm looking at a looooong day today, they're calling for snow and ice later today and I'm not looking forward to getting up. But I get up anyway and check the two forums I frequent. On one of them (those of you who are good at math will realize it's not this one) I find the following:

So my place was actually clean today for a few hours. Then, the CATastrophe hit.

I had given my cats a scratching toy for Christmas, and for reasons that I won't get into, got it out of the package for them only today. In it is a little zipper pouch where some catnip (included) goes. So I fill the little pouch with catnip, but I forget to put the bag away containing the unused catnip. I go back into the living room to find Marty with the ripped bag in his mouth, chewing it while rolling around in the leaves, with Inkblot just watching him, mesmerized.

Now, I am cleaning up. Marty is chillaxin'...and Inky's got the munchies.

I needed a good laugh to start the day.

Oh, and the forum member's name is Catherder.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

It's raining like crazy this morning and it's 60something.  Didn't even need a coat.  Supposed to drop and be in the 40s by afternoon.

MsJennJenn

Raining here too. BAH.  :noo:

But it's employee appreciation week here at CVS, and the He boss just brought me flowers. What what! Day made!  :clap:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

It's been cold and raining all day- turned to sleet a few ago and the ground is already covered and accidents being reported throughout the county. It's supposed to change to snow shortly and we will get quite the amount of the junk.  And sadly, they are talking like the temps won't get above freezing tomorrow. I would suspect that I shall not leave the house for the next two days....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

*autopartsbaristavetgirl hugs Seth too*

We got up to 72 today. Some of my shops hadn't seen my arms in so long they forgot about my tattoos. It's supposed to drop to the 30s and ice and snow over night. I just hope not enough to cancel school. I'm over those shenanigans!!!

I ordered Brandon's wedding band yesterday. Of course I'm marrying the man allergic to just about every kind of metal. So he's getting a maple and ebony wood ring.  :cool:

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Assuredbyfaith

Barely made if off the porch...just to discover that my car and driveway are completely iced!😩
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

Assuredbyfaith

It's now snowing like crazy...about 2 inches on top of the sleet and ice!!!! 😲

The Purple Fuzzy

Ashlee

So...I'm awake.  Been awake all night actually.  Is it a crime to stuff a pillow over my husbands face until he stops snoring?  Wouldn't it be called self defense??  ugh. 

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

It snowed about 5 inches last night. I got out about 10:30 made it to work with no issue.
The sun is shining though, and very brightly with a vengeance. Thank the LORD! So OVER WINTER! :demand:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

I left the house about 10:20 and the roads were all clear here.  We had some sleet on the porch and roofs but I think the bad stuff mostly went around us.

Heather

We just got rain. However around us got sleet and snow. Also a little further north and over into Virginia is flooding.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Assuredbyfaith

We had 6-7 inches of snow this morning!!! Was so beautiful! I felt like I was back in the Northwest!!! Mostly gone now...a few piles left! Had to clean layers of snow and ice off my car so I could head to work! Still some left I couldn't get!!! TGIF!!! 😫 I'm tired!!!

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 05, 2015, 05:48:03 PM
It snowed about 5 inches last night. I got out about 10:30 made it to work with no issue.
The sun is shining though, and very brightly with a vengeance. Thank the LORD! So OVER WINTER! :demand:
Fortunately it all melted pretty well. I say this because I am currently invading your city, and have set up camp in a local motel, not far from Six Flags over Texas... And to tattle on myself a bit- my hatered for Chinese food is well known and almost equals my love for buffets. My friend and I see a "Buffet" sign, so we whip in, and I am envisioning  beef and such fare.
They seat us, bring drinks- and it is then I discover that i have committed myself to a Chinese buffet. Bah. :pound:
Now, tomorrow, I shall hopefully buy a Corvette and drive it home. And if I can do so and avoid Dallas, I should be glad to do so...

Lynx

Well today was... interesting. I got to work a good 20 minutes early because I wanted to leave a lot of leeway for travel time. Didn't need it - the roads were a solid sheet of snow, not ice. You can drive a lot faster on snow, it has better traction. So I and Billy, the guy who is relying on me for work transportation these days, got to work and were immediately put to work because everyone and his uncle's friend's mother's next door neighbor's cousin had called in to say they wouldn't be at work.

Thirteen hours later we finally left and headed for home. We'll probably do the same tomorrow - we had people already calling in tonight to say they wouldn't be in tomorrow. No idea why, the roads are boring clear now.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Saw the picture of Roscoe's new pink corvette on FB. Now he's vacating my city. Hope ya don't get run over in our crazy traffic! 

:hypocrite: :pwink:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

So sad that he's so close to us and doesn't stop. ;)

SippinTea

Heather, the ring sounds really neat! Are you going to post a pic? :)

Oh dear. Roscoe is the proud owner of a pink corvette now?!? *sigh* And here I THOUGHT the guys had converted him and he'd be driving a tank or something soon. Alas! *shakes head sadly*

Isaac, I'm almost afraid to ask, but... did you get photos??

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Lynx

No photos - I was too busy sliding, aka having fun! :D  But some did get photos, they were showing them at work. I'll see if they can send me some.
"Do you sing at church?"