News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Lynx hits some licks in his music mix, just to get his kicks, in SHARING 496

Started by Lynx, October 03, 2014, 11:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on October 24, 2014, 04:24:25 AM

Crazy women...
:stupid: To quote an old sergeant of mine after a particularly vicious disturbance with two crazy women fighting- "Son, all women are crazy. Some just hide it better than others."

:couch:

And now that I've received more smites for that last comment I'm sure- I will share.  After the headaches yesterday, things are much better today. The car issue was resolved it appears, the insurance issue was resolved, kinda, and I ain't worrying about the work drama.  God is good.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Went and did poop early, came home and took dad to the chiropractor.  Back home, and such.  Yadda yadda, blah blah.

The Purple Fuzzy

:sing: Yadda yadda, blah blah. You should make that into a song.  It's says as much as some I've heard.

Roscoe

I see that I was once more smited by angry females..:lol:
Quiet day. Dropped Chey off at school, went by the library, grocery, and butcher, then picked Chey back up. Came home and drove the Corvette to town, then back to get the truck and lawnmower and cut the church lawn, hopefully for the last time this year. Now I'm vegging while Lou and Chey are at the school ballgame. Chey is "cheerleading". I immediately had visions of cheerleaders from my high school and blew a gasket saying no until I was shown that their "Cheerleading" is done in a long skirt and there's no gymnastics involved. Still apprehensive about this possibly setting me up for a battle royal in a few years...we shall see.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

The nurse thinks Grandma is probably headed down from here....  She was tired yesterday and slept most of the day today since last night.  Mom and my sister have been over there this evening, I don't know what all is going on currently.

Chseeads

I don't want her to go, but I know at 99, and with her current afflictions, she can't stay here forever.  :smirk2:

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on October 25, 2014, 01:27:57 AM
I don't want her to go, but I know at 99, and with her current afflictions, she can't stay here forever.  :smirk2:
Defiantly a long life, Cheese, and the way this old world is getting, she will be the fortunate one when she leaves. Doesn't mean it's easy for the family left behind though. I'm praying for ya, old man. And for once, it's not, " Lord, heal him of hypochondria".

Chseeads

Thanks.  And true, she's served the Lord since sometime in the 50's I think, so she's packed up and ready to go. 

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Newsman

Respect

Quote from: Chseeads on October 25, 2014, 06:43:46 AM
Thanks.  And true, she's served the Lord since sometime in the 50's I think, so she's packed up and ready to go.

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

Went and picked up a hay bale fork and a grader box. 

Eating a salad. 

My nephew's wedding is this afternoon.  So I need to finish fowl tending and such things and get ready to run to that before church.  May go by granny's before I go.  We shall see. 

Chseeads

It would be a more exciting wedding if they hadn't been basically common law married for years already and have a toddler.....  It's like why bother going through the motions at this point? 

Anyhoo.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Yeah, I've never saw the whole big wedding event if the couple's been living together. Kinda like building a barn for the horse AFTER it's died. :smirk2:

And in sharing- Chey stayed with a friend last night and today, so I had a "me" day. Went to a fly in/car show at the local airport and did something I never thought I'd do. A friend and fellow cop is fortunate enough to own his own plane, and offered me a ride. First time ever to fly. I was petrified until we were off the ground. Then it was kinda surreal, floating around up there. Everything looks different from that vantage point too. We flew over my house, too. I'd left the bright orange BadBoy lawnmower on the trailer next to the shed- and from 1500 to 2000 feet, you could see the bright orange. :lol:
The wildest part for me though, was it felt like we were just sitting still in the air, not really moving. The pilot told me we were travelling at the equivalent of 140 mph.  :o He said "Do that in your Corvette."  :laughhard: It was really cool. I can now see Mini's fascination with airplanes, and should I become a multimillionaire by the death of an unknown relative or by any other means, I might take up a new hobby. :P

MelodyB

Chseeads

Quote from: MelodyB on October 26, 2014, 04:41:36 AM
When pigs fly....

:hypocrite:

:great:

Grandma was laying in her chair today...alert, but real weak. 

It was a huge church where they had the wedding.  It had a pipe organ, I wanted to try it.  :smirk2:

Roscoe

Lynx

I also have only flown once, in a small jet going from Houston to Nashville.  As I am prone to motion sickness when I'm riding in a car and not driving, my worst fear was I would get airsick.  But no such bad luck.  It was kind of boring really.  But it only took an hour to fly the same distance that takes more than 12 hours to drive, so an hour of boredom is better than the alternative.

Bobby just be glad you didn't have the same experience one guy had.  He was an elderly mechanic at a small airfield, and word got out that although he had worked there for years he had never been off the ground. So a pilot offered to take him up for a flight.  He didn't seem to happy about being off the ground for the first time, just sat there grimly through the whole flight.  But when they got back on the ground and he got out of the plane he shook the pilot's hand and said, "I thank you for both of those flights."  The pilot said, "Huh?  We only took one flight."  The mechanic said, "No, I counted two.  My first one and my last one."
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

I flew back and forth to Texas a handful of times back in the Dubya days.  It wouldn't be bad if I wasn't afraid I was going to fall out of the sky.  But that just freaks me out. 

I heard someone down there in TX at church make a remark about some old preacher or somebody that had never flown and had made the statement that he would actually like to take an airplane ride sometime before he took a plain air ride. 

Went to church, came home, eating a bean bowl. 

The afflicted and infirm are still as such.

The Purple Fuzzy

I would like to fly over my house & community to see things from the air.

Heather

Awesome church today. Really quite wonderful.

As far as living together, getting hitched and the like, Brandon and I will be getting married at the county clerks office sometime in November. I will be moving to my parents in December. Come January me and my betrothed will be looking for our own place. I'm fed up with wedding planning [it makes me break out in hives just thinking about it], we cannot find a pastor who will marry us, I refuse to live with him until we are married, and I cannot live at his house with him and his dad again. So I know it's kinda weird, but would you expect anything else from me? I'll let yall know when all that is set in motion.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Face it facebook.  You're behind the times.

http://www.gocomics.com/arloandjanis/2014/10/27

Though facebook could limp on for another decade or more... I think there are still people on livejournal somewhere.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

I drank an entire half gallon of orange juice yesterday between 5pm and 8pm and surprisingly, I didn't have and adverse effects because of it. I expected severe heartburn and multiple potty trips overnight. But nothing out of the norm for me.

I needed a boost of C, and I was craving OJ. And since I had already eaten a nice big lunch, I wasn't hungry, so I just drank juice and ate a small container of GE Cheese.

That's my share. :bigcheese: