News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

We See What Car Roscoe Will Test Drive in Sharing 495

Started by mini, August 02, 2014, 01:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backseat Radio

:hi:

Catching back up on the board.  I'm bored tonight and not feeling the best.  Got new glasses today and I'm not used to them after years of not wearing glasses or contacts.

Roscoe

So not a Lincoln fan today. Never again shall I purchase a Ford product. Went to get it aligned today- was told by the shop when I went to pick it up, "You've got problems". All 4 balljoints are frozen. Couldn't be aligned. Cost to repair- neighborhood of $900. I'll burn the car and roast weenies over its remains first. :mad:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Newsman

Quote from: Roscoe on September 25, 2014, 10:20:21 PM
So not a Lincoln fan today. Never again shall I purchase a Ford product. Went to get it maligned today-

Ashlee

I see you're still up to the same old tricks eh John? Lol

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

As a contented - not proud, but contented - owner of a '97 Ford Windstar I have no complaints.  Maybe it's just the Lincolns.

In local news I got a good night's sleep last night, rose at about 6:30am... and I have nothing to do all day today.  Not going to work, the yard doesn't need mowing, I'm done with the soundtrack I was tinkering with, no nothing at all to do. 

My kind of day.   :cool:  Think I'll take another nap. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Enjoyed the day with Uncle Ron, running around the swap meet....I've managed to put just over 300 miles on Ole Rusty in the past two days, and have nearly gave in to temptation to raid my bank and make off with a '61 Rambler  American that is just weird enough to be me...I've managed to talk myself out of it so far, only because the Lincoln or Corvette have neither one sold. Apparently they shall be mine forever...:sadbounce:
I did spend $20 for a buffer so that I can buff the new "paintjob" on the stude. There's also another antique milk can I have my eye on, to paint matching the one I already have. The pair, with the appropriate floral arrangements, would look pretty nice sitting on either side of our front door/entry way to the porch.....

Backseat Radio

Looking forward to having Saturday and Sunday off.  :clap:  Worked 2 hours over tonight cause of a call off.

The Purple Fuzzy

Newsman

Roscoe

What a wonderful day. I slept in, went to the mountain and browsed through piles of antique car parts, spent time with Chey, and had a most enjoyable visit with Brother Galoot and family. Then Lou got off work, and we got to break bread with Galoot and enjoy good conversation. All in all, bad close to a perfect day...but tomorrow, oh Lord have mercy, I shall return to work. :sadbounce:

mini

I too had a wonderful day. Until I realized I forgot the chicken loaf. Drat.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on September 28, 2014, 12:40:38 AM
I too had a wonderful day. Until I realized I forgot the chicken loaf. Drat.
Ya gomer. Now I GOTTA eat that stuff.... :fork:

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

You're all you know what.

James was elected pastor of a church in Scottsburg, IN.

Tomorrow evening I have to take the Morrises from Jamaica from the bus station in Bloomington over to Columbus. 

And other things.

Lynx

Chicken loaf?  What's chicken loaf?  Anything like meatloaf?

In local news I finished the soundtrack for Carl Cartee's "Chasing after you" and it was a first for me - the first soundtrack I've ever made that even I couldn't find anything wrong with.  Usually there's a lot I can nit-pick about music stuff I did, but I can't find anything to pick at with this one.  I'm still in shock. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Nope. Chicken loaf is a lunchmeat, made by Petit Jean Meats locally here. Pretty tasty.. My uncle is known to get a sandwich of it every morning he is here for the car show for breakfast. It's became a tradition, and we've neatly roped Germ right into the habit. :lol:

The Purple Fuzzy

Sounds weird.
All the company is gone. Trying to recuperate.

Lynx

Sounds like a chicken version of spam.  And you know what I think of spam.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

That reminds me.... I need to cook up the can of Spam that I recently bought.  Haven't had Spam in years so thought I'd try it again to see if its edible.

Chseeads

Went to church this morning.  Came home and went over to a family reunion for a bit.  Didn't really care much whether I did or not but went for Granny's sake at least.  Came home and did a quick bit of fowl tending then went to town and picked the Morrises up from the bus and took them to Columbus to Bro. Goddard's.  Stayed for church.  Came home. 

And here I am.  In a nutshell.

I'm not in the nutshell, but everything else is. 

They gave me a can of Jamaican cheese.  American's supposedly love it.  I do like cheese....  the can seems like it's puffed up with air, I hope it's not rotten inside. lol

Chseeads

Mel Mel texted that her dad is in the ER with fluid on his lungs, can't breathe, on a breathing tube, trying to get him stable to move him to ICU then, in a critical condition.  She's on the way there presently.  Pray for him and them.

MelodyB

Wifi at the hospital still works. Glad of that.

Dad is stable. We just got up to ICU. Still on the vent. He has a long list of things that is wrong...none which I can pronounce, much less spell...but basically he was only using the lower half of his heart or something and a-fib something and has fluids in his lungs.

It looks pretty bad but we won't know till the ICU ppl evaluate him and decide what to do.

Mom went home when I got here. She had not taken her evening meds, and then when she got home she called and said she was too tired to come back up here. So she was going to bed for awhile. :frustrated: typical behavior for her. SMH. As usual, I'm alone dealing with the situation. :smirk2:

Anyway. That's the news for now.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

:hi: Back at work. Will say a prayer for Mel. And in sharing, I have located someone to help me put the Lincoln's balljoints in...now to order the parts..