News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Getting my foot in the door - starting early in SHARING 494

Started by Lynx, May 28, 2014, 02:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

In the words of the kids in our Children's Church, "You started it!"  :girltongue:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on July 29, 2014, 05:19:05 AM
You big bunch of haters.
Just trying to be like you... :hypocrite:
Lord. It is morning again. How will I make it through today???
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi: Saw hot air balloons this morning :D  I didn't take the following photo, but KPD had it on their acct.

https://twitter.com/KilgorePolice/status/494112964467650561?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=KilgorePolice&utm_content=494112964467650561

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Chseeads

Who said I was ugly?  :sob:

But thank you.  :freaky2:

Went and did poop and dropped off vegetables and such.  Came home.  Got a canner of beans going.  Eating lunch.  Need to pick more beans...etc.....corn...tomatoes....

Tend fowl....

The list goes on.  Sobs.

Lynx

Wish I were closer Seth.  I'd buy some of those tomatoes from you.  The things they have in the store that they call tomatoes are NOT real tomatoes.  God never intended tomatoes to be chewy.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Came home, cooked Lou a nice dinner- Garlic Herb chicken, fried potatoes,  Busch's Grillin' beans, bread and sweet tea- and now I'm relaxing in the ham shack for a bit. Would request a bit of prayer- Lou was called into the office today unexpectedly and interveiwed for a promotion. She was told that she is in the top 3 candidates for the position and she didn't even know it was open.... They told her after the interview that she had done a superb interview, possibly the best they've had. This would possibly be a $3 an hour raise....and you can imagine what THAT would do for us....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Would it be worth the higher stress?  I've been asked repeatedly why I don't go for a manager position where I work, but I know better... where I work it ain't worth it.
"Do you sing at church?"

Newsman

Put you in a higher tax bracket? :)

John  :waving:

Quote from: Roscoe on July 29, 2014, 11:32:17 PM
This would possibly be a $3 an hour raise....and you can imagine what THAT would do for us....

Chseeads

Quote from: Roscoe on July 29, 2014, 11:32:17 PM
Came home, cooked Lou a nice dinner- Garlic Herb chicken, fried potatoes,  Busch's Grillin' beans, bread and sweet tea- and now I'm relaxing in the ham shack for a bit. Would request a bit of prayer- Lou was called into the office today unexpectedly and interveiwed for a promotion. She was told that she is in the top 3 candidates for the position and she didn't even know it was open.... They told her after the interview that she had done a superb interview, possibly the best they've had. This would possibly be a $3 an hour raise....and you can imagine what THAT would do for us....

I surely hope your Walmart there is better than it is here.  Cause a sack of dog poop could do a better job than the people here do.  So glad I don't have to go in there to work anymore.

Roscoe

Actually, from what she says, it would be less stressful.  We're praying God's will, of course.
And Cheese, I doubt that it is- Walmart seems to delight in making its customers and employees suffer, to some extent.

sunlight

* sunlight waves at everyone and hugs all the strangers

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Quote from: sunlight on July 30, 2014, 02:55:04 PM

They don't get any stranger than me.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: Chseeads on July 30, 2014, 05:51:00 AM
I surely hope your Walmart there is better than it is here.  Cause a sack of dog poop could do a better job than the people here do.  So glad I don't have to go in there to work anymore.
For some reason I'm reminded of a video game I once played, one set in outer space where you're flying around shooting at the enemy.  One of the characters complains he doesn't want to be out there, "But not to worry.  This job could be done by a monkey with a bottle of vicodin."
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Quote from: sunlight on July 30, 2014, 02:55:04 PM

*takes a Chel hug and wanders back out the door*
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Newsman

Chseeads

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Urgh. Headed to the doctor for my state required yearly "Wellness Exam"....

The Purple Fuzzy

The Purple Fuzzy

It's raining so the hot air balloons didn't get to race this morning.  I hope it's clear tomorrow morning.  I don't care if it rains during the day, I just want it clear until the balloons get to fly over town.

Speaking of rain, I'm sleepy. :yawn:

From yesterday:

https://www.facebook.com/kilgorepolice/photos/pb.187499371285708.-2207520000.1406819838./707937349241905/?type=3&theater

sunlight

Chseeads

Quote from: Roscoe on July 31, 2014, 12:47:34 PM
Urgh. Headed to the doctor for my state required yearly "Wellness Exam"....

They gotta check and see if you're healthy enough to run down a donut if you drop it and it rolls under your desk.