Getting my foot in the door - starting early in SHARING 494

Started by Lynx, May 28, 2014, 02:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on July 20, 2014, 03:30:06 AM
Went to the beach today. Got sunburnt. Naturally.

It's gorgeous.

Definatly hating you right now. That's the first post I see when I return to work, which quite obviously is NOT the beach. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Chseeads on July 20, 2014, 06:25:45 AM
Dear Lord, you look like Sebastian the crab. 

And you look like your dresstail is tucked in your waistband.  :P

Haha yea my skirt was kinda flowy. And as I jumped it naturally went wherewver. I didn't even care. :-p
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on July 21, 2014, 03:55:12 AM
Stuff.
And nonsense.  :smirk2:
Back at work. Bah. Oh well. One of the biggest pain in the necks that works here called in today, so there's a little less stress..And hopefully the Lincoln's alternator will make it in today. Enjoyed the ride in listening to Kenny Hinson and praying, so I know it'll be a good day.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

It's sad how one person can make a job bad at times...

MelodyB

Yeah it's sad when you actually WANT ppl to call in sick...in my experience, it may mean more work for me, and a "harder" day workwise, but smoother in additudes and overall drama of the day.

Off today. We may go fishin', even though the forecast calls for rain all day.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on July 21, 2014, 03:02:18 PM
Yeah it's sad when you actually WANT ppl to call in sick...in my experience, it may mean more work for me, and a "harder" day workwise, but smoother in additudes and overall drama of the day.

Off today. We may go fishin', even though the forecast calls for rain all day.
Yeah, we have a couple of "drama llamas" here- the one missing today is by far the biggest pain in the neck. If he called in dead, I wouldn't miss him- not that I wish him dead, just gone. :smirk2:

Lynx

"Now don't go away angry... just go away!"

Fortunately there are none of those at my workplace, but I've known some.

In local news I had a rough night so I've been running on caffeine all day.  Bleh.  Made it until now, but there's still the yard to mow.  Did I mention bleh?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

I feel like hammered poo myself today.  I've had a sick tummy most of the day. :sadbounce: And the Lincoln's alternator didn't make it in today, which is probably just as well since I don't feel like putting it on anyway. Bro Wilson texted me to let me know he needs me to cover Wednesday night- I've got to work wednesday and have nightfire exercises Tuesday night after work, so I have no idea when I'll get something together. Lord. I wanna run off screaming into a cabin miles from anywhere.

sunlight

I seriously double checked to see if it was a cheese post or a roscoe... Lol!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on July 22, 2014, 12:07:28 AM
Yeah, sometimes his attitude is contagious.... :P
I understand where he is coming from most of the time, which scares the mess outta me... :sadbounce:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on July 22, 2014, 01:27:01 AM
Is that a lot of scaring?  :hypocrite:
Depends. ( And not the adult diaper type. Yet) On a day like today- no. And yes, that WAS TMI.  :laughhard:

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Quote from: Roscoe on July 22, 2014, 12:14:27 AM
I understand where he is coming from most of the time, which scares the mess outta me... :sadbounce:

Is the mess that is scared out of you, the same poo which you hammered?

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Back from vacation. At work. :yawn:

My nose is peeling. And I'm starving!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Quote from: Chseeads on July 22, 2014, 05:48:14 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on July 22, 2014, 12:14:27 AM

Is the mess that is scared out of you, the same poo which you hammered?
Now THAT was funny!  :highfive:

In local news our church homecoming is next Sunday.  Anyone and everyone invited, including some wingnuts from Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas and wherever else, should any of said wingnuts be in the neighborhood.

In preparation for the impending homecoming we had the church carpet professionally cleaned.  In preparation for the cleaning we decompiled the whole sanctuary stage, including all the wires, cables, mics, stands, etc.  So before church Wednesday I'll have to put all the audio back together.  Fortunately I jotted down a list of what goes to which port, so THIS time I won't have run back to the sound booth and look on the back of the soundboard to see which channel which mic goes to.  Should save a lot of wear and tear on my toe shoes.  :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

SO...not a good day. First the whole nightfire thing- I got out of that,cleverly, by my mother in law having an emergency appendicitis surgery. :o  Alternater came in for the Lincoln, but having sat for several days apparently caused the security system to fail to recognize the key. That'll cost me untold amounts, if I don't find a bypass.....:sadbounce: And I still don't have anything for tomorrow night, unless I teach the remaining bit I have on prayer.....
Lord, I don't mean to complain, but it'd be nice for something to go right this month. Anything.

Lynx

I've heard of a car's security system "forgetting" the key.  Bummer.  In the words of a certain chief engineer of a certain starship, "The more they overhaul the plumbing, the easier it is to clog up the drains."
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Poor Roscoe.  :headrub:

Did poop and some cards today.  Picked another bushel of beans.

And such.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Roscoe

Well. Made it through the day....went to church, felt like I had 5 thousand rabbit trails instead of a coherant thought to preach, but God pulled it together for me. Now, I have to get through tomorrow and I'll be back at a weekend... :clap: