News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Is it just me?? Feeling alone in Sharing 493..

Started by Roscoe, April 05, 2014, 02:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

If you're trying to even it up with the blessings you'll have to be patient and persistent.  Or get some cranky person to help you.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Newsman

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi:
Would appreciate a prayer. Day is NOT beginning well at work this morning. I'm about two shakes of a lamb's tail from going back to what I know how to do- real police work. This political bull hockey is killing me. One day-  "You're not attentive enough" Next day- "You're paying too much attention to the door you are assigned to work". They want you laid back and friendly, but aggressive and safety oriented. Kinda like wanting a pit bull and a poodle- they don't coexist. I can do either- but they won't like the "real" me. :mad:
I swear, I want a patrol car and a real law enforcement job without being second guessed by someone who's never heard a shot fired in anger. I know how to deal with that.
Rant over, Thanks.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Thankful for a God that shows me He cares....
Today was a day that I'd prefer not to repeat. Nothing major, but everything was wrong. Lou told me the girls we watch wouldn't be over today, so I went to get a needed haircut- true to my day, my barbershop was closed. :mad: I went home out of sorts, and decided a ride in Rusty would do away with my stress. Lou had a day similar to mine,so she went too. Of course BOTH of the country resturaunt hole in the walls we like to frequent were closed.:pound:
Before leaving the house, though, I  had quickly made a CD for my cruising music, since the one in Rusty's cd player had been scratched pretty badly from bouncing around....I just downloaded a few songs from one of my favorite singers, Terry Terrell. Didn't pay attention to what I was downloading...
Driving around on the way home, my attention was caught by a song- "Keep me in Your Will ( So I Won't Be in Your Way)".
It said EVERYTHING I needed to say to God. I bawled until I nearly had to pull off of the road. I have to remember to pray that. That whole song was my present situation...and before now, it was a song I listened to, but didn't pay attention to the words. God's got it, and all WILL be well.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Quote from: Newsman on April 22, 2014, 04:56:51 AM
Quote from: Chseeads on April 22, 2014, 01:55:08 AM
You're all sweet, wonderful and caring folks that I have the utmost love and respect for!

The blank line was NOT that long.

Roscoe

Today is a great day. I drove Rusty in to meet my car pool partner, which put me in the correct frame of mind....And it is my beautiful wife's birthday. I wish I could give her a new car or something extravagant, but thanks to normal issues of life- read: Lincoln breakdown, bad cash leak from wallet, etc.- I can't. But I hope she knows I love her more than all the world, and I am incredibly lucky to have her.

The Purple Fuzzy

I got a new grandson! :D 

Now, if I could only get to hold him...

Chseeads

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on April 24, 2014, 02:32:47 AM
Life is so wearisome.
:stupid:
Morning all. Feel rough. Bah. I will get through but thank God it's Friday..

Lynx

Wait... what?

*Lynx goes back up and reads the last three posts from Bro. Robert, compares them...

Bruddah, you down, then you up, then you down again.  What you doing, riding an elevator?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

That's funny, Isaac. I blessed you for that.

Roscoe

Lol. Isaac....it is my life.  :biglaugh: Bottom line is 1) Ya'll be my vent place because my boss and coworkers likely won't ever find us here. :P And 2) truthfully, life for me is in the stressful category right now, but I am trying to live what I preach and trust God being positive.  Unfortunately, I am, despite any evidence to the contrary, human, and thus have down moments.  Many of them. Today, I just feel physically unwell..... but as the old hymn says "All is Well".

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on April 24, 2014, 12:09:50 PM
Wait... what?

*Lynx goes back up and reads the last three posts from Bro. Robert, compares them...

Bruddah, you down, then you up, then you down again.  What you doing, riding an elevator?

What are you Jamaican now? Lol

Sounds like pms to me. :hypocrite:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

:lol:

Go get you some St Johns Wort in the vitamin section.

Roscoe

:pound: :pound:
It's only PMS if that stands for Premeditated Murder Syndrome....'cause I HAVE considered that as an option. Lord. For someone that hates drama and tries to be a peaceful, quiet employee, I sure draw the ire of idiots, usually much higher ranking than me.
Anyway- that mess is behind me for the week. I have no intention of thinking about it until Monday, anyway.
Not that my weekend is starting any better. I stopped and paid the guy for the Lincoln repair job, planning to pick it up when Lou got in. He calls me just before I walk out the door. "Bob? Don't bother getting it tonight. There's a little metal 'tube' under the intake. It's pouring... gonna have to replace that.". Long story short- another $100 I don't have just sprouted wings. :pound: :cry:  I don't know whether to break down sobbing or laugh at the pure absurdness of all this mess happening at once. Or, as option three, cover my body with lime jello, climb up on the water tower and take potshots at anyone that comes near me, while singing "We're not gonna take it.."
Option three IS getting consideration...:laughhard:

Lynx

"I used to be addicted to the Hokey Pokey...
But I turned myself around." 

Sorry, couldn't help it. 

Sorry you're having such trouble at work Bobby.  I know the feeling, believe me I do.
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

I took Chey to school, dug Rusty out of the shop and rotated his tires, then drove to town to discover an old service station I've lusted after for years is being torn down. :cry: I got a couple of final pictures with Rusty before it was gone though...
Now, I'm gonna go pick up a few more porkchops, go home and cook and spend the rest of the day puttering in the yard. It's BEAUTIFUL here today.

The Purple Fuzzy

It's nice out today here.  Supposed to be bad weather on Sunday, like tornadoes and hail and such.

Chseeads

Went and did poop.  Came home.  Eating a salad.

taco_harvell

Well Wed. and yesterday.......

I caught someones cold.
Got bad news from the doctor.
Worse news about one of our youth.
Somehow broke a toe badly with no clue how.
Then for the first time ever I watched a laptop die around the hard drive. It was my computer I use for church and Bible study.

Praise God Anyway! Tomorrow is our first day of outreach in Daleville VA pray for us!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

Taco:  Who needs a hard drive?  Install Linux on a flash drive and carry on.   :thumbsup2:  This computer I'm using right now hasn't even touched the internal hard drive in months.

Come to think of it... want a hard drive?  Only thing I would use it for would be Windows, and I never run Windows on my internet computer.  2.5 SATA.

Bobby:  I may have misunderstood... you have wanted to OWN a service station?  Just because it looked rustic, or did you want to go into business?
"Do you sing at church?"