Is it just me?? Feeling alone in Sharing 493..

Started by Roscoe, April 05, 2014, 02:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

BroTrey

Quote from: Psalm_97 on April 15, 2014, 02:22:08 PM
This soon after support stopped, you are probably not the cause. But tell your friend his viewpoint about Linux is about 7 or 8 years old.

Actually if I have somewhere to send it I could mail you a Linux CD.
Truth!

My parents that know very little about computers are on linux (Ubuntu 12.04 Long Term Support edition to be precise).  I've had a LOT less of calls saying for me to come fix what they broke since migrating them year ago.
Please disregard this post as it's contents are probably in error.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. ~ Sir Winston Churchill

Lynx

Oddly 12.04 is still the best.  They did that LTS right.  :thumbsup2:

In local news, the pollen and the dropping temperature combined has outraged my sinuses, and my sinuses have retaliated by keeping me awake more than half the night.  I don't know if even caffeine will get me through the day this time.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Not a good day. :mad: Stupid lincoln.  Apparently Ford made the intake out of plastic on these cars. Guess what failed on me this morning? I've had to miss a days work, still limping it home , and its a 6 hour two hundred dollar job.....two hundred that I don't have. Lord. I just want something to go right for a change!
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

:sing:  Woah woah grandpa, tell me bout the good ol' days....

Your grandpa car brought that to mind.

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Back at work today. Not 100%, but not less then 50% like I was yesterday.
Coughing a lot though. I have the smokers wheeze laugh going on.  :laughhard:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

I know the (cough) feeling, believe (cough) you me.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

:yawn: Draggin' this morning... not to be confused with dragon.

MsJennJenn

Meeting at the regional office today. Doesnt start till 10.
Im still im bed.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Melody

would like to sell this 35° weather .... for free.     :-?

our youth pastor's wife was just hit by a semi.

https://m.facebook.com/home.php

Everyone is OK. That is a miracle. Thank you Jesus!

Roscoe

It's beautiful here. Over 60 degrees. We've been without Internet here at the Capitol until just now so I couldn't post. Glad it's Friday for me...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Until we get a new computer, I'm only accessing GP from my tablet or phone.  I may not even hardly use my computer.

*sigh*

Lynx

MellowYellow:  I suggest BitDefender Free, a freeware anti-malware (antivirus, antispyware, etc) that is about as good as any of the payware security systems out there.  It should plug the holes, at least for now.

Of course I still recommend Linux Mint, but I get the impression you do not consider that option viable.

"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Didn't Isaac offer to send you Linux? Lol
If so why not take him up on it and make the switch rather then boycott your computer all together?
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Melody

Send my address to a man, I think, who doesn't show his face because....  ????   LOL

Lynx

Because I hate me in pictures.  Ask Chel, she knows.  Actually I have a long running (good natured) feud with a certain person at church who loves taking pictures of people...

But the consideration is valid.  I could send it to a nearby post office, c/o somewhere-not-too-far, to be picked up by you.  Doesn't even have to be your post office, could be three towns down the road.  The USPS is great that way.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on April 17, 2014, 10:53:24 PM
Send my address to a man, I think, who doesn't show his face because....  ????   LOL
He's real. He's a he, and he is a genuinely good man and a good friend, who for reasons known only to him perfers to be somewhat anonymous online. But, if he is willing to send me the packet for you, I will be glad to forward it, since I have your address due to the hemp/chocolate gravy/christmas cards. At least I do if I haven't lost it.  :P

MsJennJenn

Problem solved.

And Chel hated, still does photos of herself online.
Yea she's a woman, but really in this day and age the women are as crazy if not more then the men.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MsJennJenn

In other news - double post - since I bought some coconut oil, and tried frying my egg in it, I've been ADDICTED to fried egg in coconut oil.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Melody

LOVE coconut oil. Its very good for you and FYI if you condition your skin with it for a few weeks, it's high flash point is a great sunscreen that won't contribute to skin cancer later like sunblock.

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on April 18, 2014, 05:20:10 AM
You're all very bizarre.
Not I. I am normal. Everyone else is weird and bizarre. :hypocrite:
I'm up and fixing to go put the new lawnmower to work. Gotta cut the church grass, then have another yard to mow which will make half the payment for the month. Wish I had a hitch on Rusty, it'd make the day much more fun- but  the hitch I need for him is $40 and that ain't happening right now. :sadbounce:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on April 18, 2014, 02:03:34 PM
Quote from: Chseeads on April 18, 2014, 05:20:10 AM
You're all very bizarre.
Not I. I am normal. Everyone else is weird and bizarre. :hypocrite:

Right...old men who drive pink cars are normal.
-Alexander Den Heijer-