News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Is it just me?? Feeling alone in Sharing 493..

Started by Roscoe, April 05, 2014, 02:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on April 14, 2014, 01:55:49 AM
:sing:  The girls all get prettier at closing time....

That was stuck in my head and I was going to post it, but it's oddly fitting based on the above post.
:laughhard:Cheese, you ain't right.  :laughhard:

And that "apple cider vinegar with the mother" works. I've been taking 2 tsp of it with 1 tsp of pure honey with 8 ounces of water every morning for the last week. I've lost 11 lbs  doing that and cutting out the soft drinks. I suspect the majority of that is water weight, but I'll take what I can get. I'm sure now it'll plateau for the next two months. :smirk:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Quote from: Roscoe on April 14, 2014, 02:08:32 AMAnd that "apple cider vinegar with the mother" works. I've been taking 2 tsp of it with 1 tsp of pure honey with 8 ounces of water every morning for the last week. I've lost 11 lbs  doing that and cutting out the soft drinks. I suspect the majority of that is water weight, but I'll take what I can get. I'm sure now it'll plateau for the next two months. :smirk:

Just make sure that your pure honey is not clear nor pourable or it's been refined to the point of being the SAME as white sugar.  You might already know that but many don't.  There are no FDA regulations on honey so they can say "pure" "raw" "natural" organic and there is no standard to hold to what that means.  Often store bought honey can be corn syrup with some honey in it, and there is no one to cause companies to answer for that presently.  They don't have to say it on the labels even.  But with the reading and talking to people with integrity, Honey is beneficial because of the pollen and it's anti bacterial/microbial/fungal properties.  That is what makes honey solid and white or light yellow.  When it's heated and strained, that is removed, along with the beneficial properties. 

So if you're just taking the honey because you like it, ok.  If you are taking pourable translucent honey for health benefits, there aren't any.  I know it's annoying. Same for agave nectar. 

MsJennJenn

"With the mother" in it?? What's that mean?
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Melody

Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 14, 2014, 03:16:18 AM
"With the mother" in it?? What's that mean?

The difference between acv with "mother" and without is regular acv is distilled, which means that any natural enzymes and other important minerals have been killed in the process and it offers no medicinal value.

Distilled vinegar is still great for cleaning the floors and such though!

Chseeads

I just got some organic AC vinegar to drink last week, but I've piddled around and not been using it.  :smirk2:

Roscoe

The honey I take is pure from a local seller....I take that teaspoon of it solely to get the taste of the vinegar water to a point that I can tolerate it.

Morning, all. I'm back at work. Looks like we survived the storm..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Well, you're informed so I did my part.

It's supposed to snow today.  I cannot think of an accurate word for how I feel about it. Trucks are salting the roads right now.

The Purple Fuzzy

That's nuts.  The temp has really dropped here. It was close to 80 and now it's 50.

Melody

I'm celebrating that it's snowing by drinking an extra cup of coffee.  And digging back out my knee socks.   :-?

MsJennJenn

Ridiculous weather.  :pound:

Fighting a sore throat since I woke up yesterday. The dredge to work was long this morning after being off for four days!  :yawn: :sob:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Melody

So you had a good time at the conference, Jenn?  Is your throat sore from singing?

---

Let's see, in the last few weeks here in the KC area:

Grandview trangle shooter,
Chimpanzees escaping the zoo
school rapes
and now shootings at Jewish sites 

Other than inner city crime, this is not how the metro is.  We are touted for being a not so exciting place to visit but a great place to live.  Which we like, we don't care to be a tourist attraction like other cities.

It's still snowing.  I'm going to pretend the snow in the grass are flowers....

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MellowYellow on April 14, 2014, 02:58:22 PM
So you had a good time at the conference, Jenn?  Is your throat sore from singing?

I did. Sis Sjostrand really ministered to me in a strong way. Healing I desperately needed.
No clue why my throats hurting. I didn't sing that much, if at all over the weekend at conference.
I had 2 practices yesterday, but my throat hurt before those practices so....streps going around church, hoping that's not what it is!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Melody

That's no fun.  :(

I am excited to seeing what a "blood moon" looks like tomorrow night.  Regardless of whether Jesus comes before or after, I still think it's neat how God made such shows in the sky.

MsJennJenn

My boss just told me I sound worse now then I did this morning.

I do feel worse.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Jenn:  Don't you hate it when you feel bad and people seemingly go out of their way to tell you how terrible you look?  Like "Gee thanks, I love being told I look as bad as I feel."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

Well she didn't see me. Just heard me. A pharmacist I called for a report thought I was a dude.

I feel wretched.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Sorry you feel bad, Jenn. :headrub:
I've made it through another day. It's done got cold here again....low forecasted to be in the 30's. This stupid winter already robbed me of my daffodils- not a single one of the dozens planted in my yard bloomed this year. The ones down the road a bit did, but mine didn't, not a single bloom. Now it's intent on killing my pansies and other plants. :pound:
I came home and enjoyed an evening of playing with my radio and new beam. It was great. And tomoorow is "hump day" for me.

taco_harvell

Will look for the ACV with mother. I tried the distilled stuff awhile but it caused my hiatal hernia to flare up but I was drinking 3 ounces straight. I think I'll mix it with something this time.

Thanks guys, pray it works this fluid has to go.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

By the way, about that spam that has recently been popping up on our forum... that reminds me.  Those who are still using XP without any support will be fine for a while, but when their computers get the latest trojan and become part of a spam-spewing botnet it becomes everyone's problem, not just theirs.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Melody

We are kind of stuck right now.  We asked a friend about Linux and he said it involves knowing more about computers and suggested just going with Apple or Windows 7.  Neither of which can we afford a cool $200. 

I HOPE I don't have a virus nor am causing the havoc on GP.  I'd basically just have to stop coming here until we got a new computer. :/

Lynx

This soon after support stopped, you are probably not the cause. But tell your friend his viewpoint about Linux is about 7 or 8 years old.

Actually if I have somewhere to send it I could mail you a Linux CD.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

I had to cover my tomato plants. It got down to 36 last night and frosted.  I hope they are ok.

Roscoe

One more day down....Chey made me proud by bringing home TWO 100% test scores! Her reward was a small bowl of white cheese dip that she loves from her favorite restraunt. Then I got on the radio for a bit and had a nice long conversation with a guy in Nottingham, England. Apparently the upside down umberella is thriving in its new high home, as he told me my signal was one of the loudest he'd heard today. :thumbsup2:
And my dream Corvette passed me on the way home. Mini'd have kittens if he'd saw it- black c5 Z06, everything blacked out, and supercharged. It sounded awesome. All I could do is drool from behind the wheel of the papaw mobile.....
And that's sharing for today from me.  :P

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-