News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

How Many Turkeys Can We Brine in Sharing 489

Started by Melody, November 09, 2013, 06:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

I'd rather drink water than lousy coffee. Bah. Thought I'd save $$ by getting some other brand at Walmart. Tastes like there's tar in it.

12* yet still not as cold as the -4 my friends have in MN.  I'd like to see the fog frozen in the air but only for a moment.  Lol

Lynx

I think at Wal-Mart there is no better brand than Folger's.  At least as far as I know. I don't know why they don't carry anything better, but they don't. 

And here's instant fog frozen in the air.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS8jHfbcme8
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

WARNING!  People who actually like good food should not read the following.  You have been warned Bro. Bobby.

Someone actually went and made a whole, layered christmas dinner in a can.  As in... all the dishes in a traditional christmas dinner, all in one can, in layers. 
http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/disgusting-christmas-tinner-offers-time-saving-meal-alternative-221208375.html
For people who want a christmas dinner but don't have a family and are just too lazy to go to a restaurant I guess...

You read it, didn't you?  After I specifically warned you, you actually read it anyway.   :nono:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Actually, I didn't. :hypocrite: Bah. It's STILL cold, roads are STILL icy. I so dislike winter. On the bright side, Lou made an awesome batch of lasagna  and I made a pineapple upside down cake last night, so I have comfort food. The down side is, when I'm bored with nothing to do and trapped inside, I eat. Everything. If this stupid weather don't pass soon, I'll be 400 lbs. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Eat a christmas tinner.  That'll kill the ole appetite.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

some things have been talked about. some things may soon be worked out. my parents are going to have my car towed on Monday and hopefully fixed [if we can find anyone who will work on it].
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

That's good news, Heather.
And I finally got out of the house. :smirk2: Roads are spotty, but drivable. But sweet Jesus, it is COLD. 24 degrees- and that is BEFORE dark and the accompaning temperature drop. Then tomorrow night, they are calling for another round of bad weather...I REALLY miss my 75 degree temp from Wednesday.....:cry:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

The windchill made it feel colder.
Morning, all. Got up and left home around 4:30 to go to work. 45 minutes and ten miles later, most of which was spent looking through the driver's side window to see where I was going instead of the windshield, as I was travelling south with the car nose pointed west- not by choice I might add- I gave up and called in. Black ice doth certainly, er, s.uck.  Just couldn't do 60 miles of that. :smirk2:

Lynx

I retract my accusation of being a wimp.  It is impressive you did not wind up in the ditch.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on December 08, 2013, 01:33:32 PM
I retract my accusation of being a wimp.  It is impressive you did not wind up in the ditch.
I've been able to drive on the stuff for years, and had I worked locally as I used to, I'd be at work. But ten miles are much different from 60. And then there's the fact that had I continued, and managed to make it in, the freezing rain/mist that was coming down in the 19 degree temp was freezing instantly and since the temp is not supposed to get out of the 20s today, I would near certainly be trapped at work. With no food. Not appealing...

Heather

To give you guys a rundown. I haven't really announced anything. [Nothing will be posted on FB about the situation.] Brandon and I have cancelled the wedding and I'm currently on the couch at mom's house. The 3 main issues are money, truth, and church. He cannot keep his life financially together. He bounces his bank account every single week even though all his bills are behind and his phone is getting turned off for non-payment. He bounced MY bank account for cigerettes and lied to me about it. It was the last straw. Also I can no longer live in that 'prison' out there. I'm essentially trapped into just our bedroom. You never know what mood his father will be in and he 'rules' the house even though he does nothing.

He's gonna try to get his life together but I'm seriously doubtful if it's possible given his family and his firm stance against getting into church [any church. not just apostolic]. Mom wants me to move in with her. She gets lonely when dad is on the road. Dad however does NOT want me to move in because he needs all of mom's attention when he IS home. So right now it looks like I can move here but I have to find somewhere else to stay when dad is home.  :roll: I hope to with school money and tax returns to find a small apartment. I thought about on campus housing with going back to school but I'm about 10 years older than most students who live on campus plus I really want to have my cat.

Just please keep me in your prayers that God will direct me toward His path He has for my life and that I'm not stupid enough to pass it by for what I want in my life. Thank you guys.

Lynx

I'd offer to give the cat a home, but I will not have another cat until I can have an indoor cat. 

"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Even if I cannot take my cat with me, my parents have promised it a home with them. They love Topher. But thank you for the offer. He's awesome. I adopted him from the local shelter. Already neutered and declawed. Everyone wanted kittens and he was already 5 years old.

My dog and our other cat is staying with Brandon at his house. My dog is much too bonded with his [and frankly they both have become kinda mean] and the other cat hates everyone but Brandon's dad.

I gotta go get ready for church. Bro Brown is preaching at church this am. [He's the big cheese over Tennessee.]

Lynx

Ron Brown? He's really cool. He may be the big cheese in the Tennessee district, but you can talk to him like any other man.
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

:headrub: autopartsvetclinicgirl

w2cch

Eating a spinach salad.

I guess I need to run to town and get some medications and such for the old folks home here.

The Purple Fuzzy

So, now my mom fell & hurt her elbow trying to take care of my stepdad that has Parkinson's & broke his hip. My sister took her to the hospital for X-rays. Prayers appreciated.

taco_harvell

Who want's to come visit VA? I sure could use a visit with some friends right now!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Backseat Radio

Quote from: taco_harvell on December 09, 2013, 04:29:16 AM
Who want's to come visit VA? I sure could use a visit with some friends right now!

Unfortunately for me traveling is completely out of the options through the Christmas season

Lynx

Aye, and for me as well.  Besides which, Sister Pam would hunt you down if you caused me to be absent this week.  We're doing christmas play practices and stage setup five days in this week alone.  Sure will be glad when we actually do the play and it's all over.

In the meantime... I found a picture of bro. Bobby!
www.gocomics.com/jumpstart/2013/12/08
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

taco_harvell

Headed to the neurologist soon. Pray he does something that helps, and he treats me like a human this time instead of processing me. Also, pray with my lack of sleep and pain level this morning I keep a good attitude with his I know it all Muslim self.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Heather

I would but since I'm already having to bum gas money off my parents probably not a great idea.....

My car is getting towed to the shop on Wednesday. I've found a few people who are trying to get out of their lease at apartments near campus. I'm gonna try to take over one of them come January.

As fate would have it Mike has decided that he's gonna divorce Teresa and file bankruptcy [i know that spelling looks weird....] on everything. We would have been homeless by May. How do I get myself into these situations.......