News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

All this love talk is really legit...Mel gets a man in Sharing 486!

Started by MelodyB, August 17, 2013, 04:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on September 02, 2013, 10:31:09 PM
Morning everyone!

Been a good weekend so far.  Hope you guys are having a good one too.
Morning?!? You dun bumped yer noggin.....it's evenin' time. And I've been at work for the past two days, so I don't wann hear about what a "grand weekend it is".... :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Cleaned the church. Ridiculous amount of food and candy last few weeks.  Nobody thinks it's their kid making the mess and parents don't think the "No food or Drink" sign applies for their small children. Literally, thats what they say. That's what ALL the food and candy is from! 

Perhaps I wouldn't mind as much if the church didn't pay 3 cleaners to clean. Is that REALLY what people want their tithes/offering to go towards? Extra hours of cleaning food and candy stains?  Or what they want their sister in Christ doing, scrubbing on hands and knees to get it out?  That's not the kind of job security I want. Lol. It's the house of the LORD.

We are in a hard generation. Children will misbehave and starve to death, parents will backslide, if their kids are not fed IN the sanctuary. It's absolutely impossible in this day and age for children to eat breakfast before church, have a snack in SS/nursery, and still survive till after church these days.

*sigh*

End rant. For now.

Lynx

They pay cleaners?  Hey, how do I get in on this? :D Here we have volunteers on rotation. 

It might not be so much a matter of they have to have food, as it is an easy way to keep them quiet during church.  Or that's what I've observed it being used as.  Although I can't remember my mother having to use food to keep ME quiet - a pinch on the underside of my arm was usually enough, and if that didn't do it she wasn't at all shy about taking me outside and tanning my tail.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Melody

There's far too much and a need for people who can actually clean to just rotate. We're a metro church, many people live almost an hour away. I cleaned for two years w/o being paid and that was fine with me. It's a blessing that they pay. I dont tell them when I do extra hours. I Dont even like the idea. 

I'm just being whiney. Better is one day in Your Courts...

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

Ahhh!  My Dad just texted me his 1st question since getting the Bible.

"How come they lived so long?  In the book."

:)

MelodyB

WOW. I had an incredible weekend!

Spent Friday evening with Allan, (I learned I was spelling his name wrong...its AllAN, not Allen...) We had a good time, I wasnt expecting to have that good of a time with just us alone. Ive always had other people around as buffers before, so I was pleased that it went so well. Hes not AS annoying as he was to me in the beginning...Sis Ramsey told me, (and my Mom) that since Kimber and I befriended him, he has changed quite a bit, and I totally can see it. We told him straight out why he didnt have friends, and that he needed to change a few things, and he actually listened to us and its working! Amazing! LOL

Saturday I spent all day here at the church. People were in and out all day doing SS prep and outreach stuff. I kept my Kira ALL DAY LONG and was happy to have the whole day with her. Then we had an amazing Youth service and went to our favorite locally owned pizza joint after. I have been there a hundred times but never get pizza...they have a sandwich called cheesesteak ala garden and it is amazing! So I ALWAYS get that. I have never gotten anything else. I guess I should try the pizza one day. Everyone says its the best.

Sunday we had incredible church, and then I dropped Dad off at the flea market while I went to the produce place and bought us some fresh tomatoes and bananas. The three of us have been on a tomato sandwich kick lately, and so we needed some more tomatoes. I bought 6 HUGE ones, so pretty and perfect, and a big bunch of bananas for under $5! Our produce place is great.

Yesterday, my Aunt and Uncle/Pastor invited me to go with them (and Allan) to Mobile to the Exploruem museum and Imax. That was also awesome. I love that place. We walked around and saw all the exhibits for two hours, and then watched the movie. After that we went for a late lunch at The Boiling Pot which specializes in seafood. That was great. I love that place too. Then we went to a guitar store for the guys, and Sis Ramsey and I went to Cathrine's where she bought me two new blouses.  :) After that we came home and Allan came over and we watched the rest of season one of The Walking Dead and ate some beans I had made for mom and dad in the crockpot.

TODAY...I have some cleaning to do. The kitchen is a mess, and I gotta gather up all this trash. Ive got steaks laid out for dinner. Tonight is dads last meal at home for awhile. Tomorrow morning he has his surgery to cut off half of his remaining foot. Allan will come over again for dinner. I have already text him this morning and invited him.

I cant help but think that this next week is gonna be stressful and just all around bad for me/us. I say that cause right before something crazy bad happens, I usually have a few really GOOD days where I am just filled with friends and family and fun....then BOOM the ball drops and everything goes to hell in a handbasket. So Im thinking these last few amazing days is my prep for something that is soon to come.

We will see. God knows. He seems to prepare me somewhat for those times.

That is all. :)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Sounds like life is on the upswing for you, Mel. Good.  And because I don't want you to come kick my tail, I shall refrain from any smarmy comments that Allan might be taking the Birdman of Indiana's place in  your heart...:hypocrite:
I'm at work. I am so tired of working and still being broke. :pound: But- God never promised us an easy life, just that He would see us through. So I know He's gonna work everything out, and I REFUSE to worry about anything. Anything at all.
Have a great day. I'm going to if it harelips the Pope...:P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Quote from: Roscoe on September 03, 2013, 11:43:05 AM
I'm at work. I am so tired of working and still being broke. :pound: But- God never promised us an easy life, just that He would see us through. So I know He's gonna work everything out, and I REFUSE to worry about anything. Anything at all.  Have a great day. I'm going to if it harelips the Pope...:P

Isn't it crazy how God still provides though?  This world will never be able to make sense of it. Have you ever heard Stan Gleason's family story?  I sometimes think maybe I'm like that first generation too.

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm amazed at God's provision.  My husband as been out of work for over 4 years now but God has provided for us.

MsJennJenn

Sounds like life is on the upswing for you, Mel. Good.  And because I don't want you to come kick my tail, I shall refrain from any smarmy comments that Allan might be taking the Birdman of Indiana's place in  your heart...:hypocrite:

I thought Allan was her cousin? Lol
If not good for me, means I can have Sethers all to myself. :love:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

I have been out of work for almost three years now...and I have never actually NEEDED anything. Sure times are hard and there were lots of WANTS, but all my needs, and my parents needs have always been met somehow. Even on their low income and us being three adults with major health problems. God is Faithful.

Roscoe...no one can ever replace Seth. EVER. He is my first love. But the difference is, he wont get off his butt and take me out and spend TIME with me. That would have made our relationship get off the ground. lol :freaky2:

Allan falls over himself just to spend time with me cause he's never had any REAL friends. So every waking moment that he can, he wants to hang out, or go eat, or watch a movie or just sit in the foyer and talk. He is learning what its like to have a friend. A real friend. One who will tell him like it is, and not just save face.

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on September 03, 2013, 02:16:18 PM

I thought Allan was her cousin? Lol
They're from Mississippi.  Being related is a prerequisite for any kind of dating relationship.:hypocrite:
And mel...All kidding aside, Im glad you can be that friend for him.

MsJennJenn

You're confusing Mississippi with Arkansas ..... every one knows stuff like that happens in ARKANSAS not Mississippi.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

He's my cousin who isn't my cousin. My uncle married his aunt. We were already both grown adults when this happened. We just met once in 2008 for about an hour, and then again in May when he moved here. It's not like we grew up together. Lol

Lynx

So Mel, now that Allan is coming around, who's going to be your next "project?"
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Careful Melbs - too many male pets er projects - Seth might get jealous. :hypocrite:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Fuzzy you have to be joking - everyone knows you can't improve on perfection.   :hypocrite:
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

It was mine before it was his.  And he's stolen a few of my lines, so if it were proven to be his line he couldn't sue me - I'd have a lot to counter-sue him for.
"Do you sing at church?"