News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Isaac's on another spree - another box of CDs in SHARING 483

Started by Lynx, May 03, 2013, 03:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Not one of my better days....the weather is overcast. I got started on my lawn, got to the end of my first pass, turned the steering wheel- what tha? We no turn. Gear on the bottom of the steering shaft stripped out. No notice at all. Now I've gotta wait until Monday to get the part, spend $60 I don't have on that piece of junk. I will never buy another John Deere. It's a worse money pit than the darned corvette is, which is saying something.  :pound: :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

It's cool as a cuke here.  Sitting in front of the air conditioner.  I'm busying myself setting up a new laptop for the church sound booth, one that is better than what I currently have there.  Got a friend in Kentucky who needs the lesser one that is currently in the sound booth, so that solves that too.   :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

Work went by fast [Thank ya Jesus!]. Outreach went ok. The weather and quite a few other local events kept the numbers small but still a good time. Now I'm home making white chicken chili and getting ready to whip up a cake. Laundry will be started soon.

You ever have those days where you just really appreciate all that God has done for you? I mean there is not really anything HUGE going on in my life but I just feel very thankful for all that God has done for me.  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

Yep. Been there. :great:

Donuts were a success...we had enough Youth to make up four teams today! Usually we only have two, sometimes three...so it went by fast. Sold them all, then got lunch and had a Youth staff meeting. We were done by 2pm with everything, and I am resting in my bed. It's HOT outside. Just plain HOT!

Gonna try to relax for the rest of the day...I have nothing else planned. :sleep:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

BTW...I tormented Roscoe with the car show too. Dad is there now...he went with someone else, so I'm not stuck out there with him in the heat. Thank ya lord!

The Purple Fuzzy

There is a car show in town here and another at a little church a few miles down the road. The church one is the one we usually cook for.

taco_harvell

Well outreach was interesting, first time I ever had someone call the cops on me for inviting them to church. lol
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

taco_harvell

No charges, we left as they were pulling in. Trespassing and soliciting was the woman's complaint. She was just cranky and mean.

Lynx

Ooooh, if you were evil that kind of person could be fun! :D
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

It's been a lovely day. An amazing 85* with a breeze. Got up early and made breakfast, went and cleaned the church and then helped a friend spring clean their over grown 3 acres. Then a birthday party and then some groceries at the ol' Wallyworld. 

Now I'm tired and ready for bed. Nathan is studying for his first adult SS lesson.

MelodyB

I had a productive day as well. Just made some meat sauce for tomorrow, I'll drop it in the crock pot and turn it on in the morning to simmer while we are at church. I did laundry. All my church clothes are clean now.

I can sleep easy knowing that I acomplished much today, and that I am assured tomorrow we will have a great service cause Ann will be back, and she was nearly dead TWICE and God worked a miracle! So we will all rejoice!

:D

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MelodyB on May 18, 2013, 09:47:37 AM
Donut selling today!!

Gotta remember to wear sunscreen...it's getting a bit warm out there and last time we sold donuts, I got a bit of sun on my face and arms...gotta protect it so I don't repeat last summers fiasco.

This Chick is now a firm believer in sunscreen!

You'd think after my fiasco two summers ago I'd be a believer too.
Yet here I lay, burnt to a crisp after laying out with my sil today haha
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

taco_harvell

Just left the church. Wow, what a prayer meeting!! Expecting a Holy Ghost outpouring tomorrow!! Pray for our service @ 1:30. We are believing God for an overflow crowd.

Newsman

Lady JennJenn,

I made the first evening of the ReGroup singles event in Denton: do you ever make it out to any of the Tx singles events?

Looking forward to church..ttyl.

John  :waving:

Newsman

Hmm.. Roscoe sure seemed quick in knowing just who that was referring to... and denial Is the first stage to acceptance!  :)

Quote from: Roscoe on May 17, 2013, 01:57:16 PM
Quote from: minnesota68 on May 17, 2013, 11:32:13 AM
Quote from: Newsman on May 17, 2013, 09:06:39 AM
Happy Friday, even to ye Yankees! :bigcheese:

That includes the ones in Arkansas.
We ain't yankees, ya illiterate punkinhead. :pound:
'Tis a beautiful day. Gonna go do a little running around....may grill out tonight.

Heather

Wednesday night we ended up in a pretty powerful altar service and discussing the power and anointing in prayer clothes. A few months ago Brandon was questioning and even sometimes getting a bit giddy about church. Around a month ago his entire attitude changed. Wednesday night I asked for a prayer cloth and put it in his wallet. He asked me why and I just said because I want him to have it. His attitude has changed quite a bit I'm glad to say. He's even up cooking us breakfast before we go to church. His attitude about a few different things has changed.

I smell bacon. YUM!!!!

Lynx

Someone say breakfast?  I'm up.   :fork:

I'll pass on the bacon, but save some of the grease.  I have been told the reason my cat is so thin is because she eats lizards, but that feeding her bacon grease will counteract whatever is in lizards that makes her so gaunt.  Guess it's worth a shot. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Awesome church service this morning. 2 more baptized in Jesus Name. Didn't necessarily have a 'Pentecost Sunday' service. As Bro Ketron put it we should have Pentecost everyday! Great message about being good ground and that the roots of the righteous should run deep.

Brandon's car is tore up. Again. I'm really believing we can find another car for us. His poor Prelude only has 350,xxx miles on it and been demolished at least twice that I know of. Now we've replace just about everything in the suspension and brakes in the past 3 months and now his brakes are out again. Shew.

Gonna start getting things together for a yard sale at the church that'll go toward Youth Congress. I'm getting pumped! Plus I was told today I'm gonna get to drive the van. Woot!

MelodyB

How many do y'all have going? And where are you staying?

We have 17 of us, and we are staying right there at the Yum Center Hotel.

Heather

Originally we had 27. Now we have 12. I cant remember the name of the hotel but we are 2 miles away. Are you guys going to the Hyphen or Afterburner events? We are going to both and doing the community service project.

The Purple Fuzzy

You Okie folks stay safe, I see there are large tornadoes there.

MelodyB

I'm not sure if we are doing the late night thing or what. We haven't discussed it.

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on May 19, 2013, 11:39:01 PM
You Okie folks stay safe, I see there are large tornadoes there.
I would say okie dokie, but that's just too cheesy, even for me.  I'd never say that, nope...  :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"