News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Isaac's on another spree - another box of CDs in SHARING 483

Started by Lynx, May 03, 2013, 03:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

I'm still here, I just haven't had anything interesting to say.

But I'll tell ya I made a naturally sugar free cherry pie for a friend this weekend and it was a major hit. In so much that my friend actually just barely missed me coming while she was going and though I thought I ha the pie set aside, it got dug into and people were mmm'ing when I came in.  By then it was too late to save the pie so everyone had some.

If anyone's curious, it was easy. I had gotten canned cherries just in water from Walmart. I puréed one can with some dates (dates taste like brown sugar). I added a pinch of cinnamon and some chia seeds and corn starch for thickener. I drained the other two cans and mixed it all together, put it in he pie shell that had almond extract in it and baked. I did put some streusel on top instead if an entire top crust. Streusel is: ground up almonds, dash of flour, butter, coconut oil, ground dates, pinch of salt. I stir in some oats at the end and pour it over the pie.

As far as I know, it's a healthy diabetic alternative.

Other than that. The weather is gorgeous, we've been busy and I think my neighbor is a meth lab so I'm not happy about that and will get to the bottom of it. I don't know what meth smells like but 2-3x a week our basement/laundry room absolutely wreaks of sour chemically smell and its nauseating. It is he most offensive smell I've ever smelled. But it dissipates in less than 2hrs so I have been just opening all the windows and turning fans on and what not. If it smelled all the time or this bad I would have acted sooner but it's like it intensified with the warm weather.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

mini

kmymbir

I go to pascagoula for surgery tomorrow, please say a prayer for me.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

mini

Lynx

Quote from: minnesota68 on May 14, 2013, 02:39:50 PM
For that matter, wheres anybody?
I'm here.  You're not here though, because I look around this room I'm in and don't see you, so you must be there.  Everyone else here is there as well, but their there is a different one from your there.  In fact, their theres are in different states.  I'm the only one here who is here.

But then, that's neither here nor there.  :cool:

Quote from: Roscoe on May 14, 2013, 11:30:33 AM
If you would post more, there would be more conversation. Thus, it is YOUR fault GP is dead!  :pound: :pound:
That sounds so much like me, it's creepy.  When chat is slow and someone in the christian chatroom complains about "This place is boooooring!" I make the observation that since they are part of the chatroom, and they are contributing nothing except remarking that it is boring, they are in fact boring.

Nothing personal, Sis. Kim - it HAS been quite slow here lately.  I mean no reflection on you... but Roscoe's rebuttal was so similar to my logic it's eerie.

Which brings us to...
Quote from: MellowYellow on May 14, 2013, 01:11:14 PM
I'm still here, I just haven't had anything interesting to say.
Yeah, that.  I haven't had much to say either... at least not much that would interest non-nerds.  I have something to say now though - I am not a diabetic, but I'm so going to try that pie. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Okay...everyone that knows me knows I am scared to death of needles. Screaming, crying, hysterical little girl scared. Today they are having a blood drive. I was talking with the one officer I know is as bad as I am with this fear, and popped off," I'll donate if you will." And the little turd did.
So I went to the donation station and attempted. The tech couldn't find my veins for the first thirty minutes, then succeeded- he thought. After about half a unit had been collected, my body shut it off. Nothing they did would get it flowing again. When they pulled the needle, my blood had already clotted. So I went through that pain and torture for nothing, AND I feel like c.rap. Never again. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Quote from: minnesota68 on May 14, 2013, 02:48:54 PM

Found meller...

:ugly:

THAT is a riot!  What in the world.  I never heard that in the news.  Lol

Lynx

A quick google turns up the trick.  Nice one minnesota.  Where do you get these neat tricks?  Do you hang out at stumbleupon or something?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

mini

Nope.  I just thought "I wonder if I could find a fake headline generator...." and the next thing I knew I Meller was sniffing glue....

Heather

I'm home. Didn't kill anyone at work. Came close though. Thinking of taking a nap then heading to Zumba class.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Thats when he finds out his true calling.  I figure God will bless him with billions of dollars, which in turn will mean he will bless me with a million or two.

Melody

Andrew is going to his first big youth shindig besides camp, that being NAYC. We may or may not go but he is definitely going.

School is out for Andrew in 2wks and he will be in summer school PE to get a head start on his highschool credits.  At least that is what I easily convinced him of. Who wouldn't choose a smaller class on summer mornings for 6wks compared to a whole school year of it with a big class?  I figure they'll do more out doors things and it'll be early enough to not scorching hot out.  Also, with him joining ROTC, I want him to have a decent start instead of a lazy summer. 

Oh and he's half an inch from 6'. We are going to celebrate somehow when he hits 6 foot because he's desperately reaching for that threshold. Lol. And really... Why not?  He only hits it once.

Lynx

I come home from work at midnight to learn the pastor's been trying to contact me to ask if I can cover the nursing home service at 10am tomorrow.  Well... I can be there, but dunno how much good it will do.  Now I'm starting to wish I was one of those ministers who has a lot of instant sermons downloaded from the internet to use at a moment's notice...
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

I text you the other day and asked if you were going to NAYC!

Please go! So we can finally meet in person...(bring some special brownies!)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Melody

At that point it was a Definate no, Mel. But last Wednesday morning God told me Andrew needed to go. I didn't know the info about it or if our youth were going. I asked our youth leader and it was two days to the cut off for the cheapest registration. They had sent home a letter which Nathan forgot to read or do anything with. They sent out an email which Nathan didn't notice, he's got a lot on his plate right now. And Andrew didn't say anything bc he assumed we couldn't afford it with Nathan's job craziness. But The Lord told me it was time and to send him to this. 

Idk that we'll be able to afford it for us other 3. But If we can you will NOT be able to NOT meet me. I will do whatever it takes to find you! 

Can the universe handle both MelodyB and Melodyà together?!!!  It would be legendary!

Melody

If I go I will bring brownies, just cause. Lol

Nathan is currently on the rotation for a summer Boy Scouts unit during midweek service with the kids. He is in the adult Sunday school class rotation, he is in the midweek teaching rotation, were over our world missions focus, he's a praise singer- this month only on Sundays, he is working a side job after work every non church day so he's getting home around 10pm each night.

Things are a bit strained. We desperately need another vehicle. The job he's had for 2 yrs laid everyone off and then after a week, brought them back for just 1 more month. That lack of $700 out of our budget really took a toll. Nathan still has had NO job leads though he has put tons of time and energy into his résumé and apps.

But let me tell you that my Jesus is a provider and I'm still chubby so we're not suffering!  Lol  God knows and He cares. This life is but a vapor and it is irrelevant how wealthy we are in this life, only how stewardly we were which reflects our hearts and reverence for Him. The character growth we allowed in this life and intimacy with Jesus. The rest is just opportunity to develope better fruit.

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Brandon is already concerned he's gonna get a phone call saying Mel and I are in jail when we meet  :cool: :cool:

I slept amazingly last night! Now off to work to clean dog teeth! [and they are my dogs at that....]

The honeymoon is over with the rental car. I would like my SUV back now please...... [even though I have enjoyed sneaking home. the car is so quiet no one knows I'm home until I shut the car door. with both my suv and with his prelude you can hear them both before they even turn in the driveway..lol]

Heather

*Sings* reunited and it feels so gooooood. .......

Shes loud and cranky and has tempertantrums but i love this old girl. I much enjoyed climbing back into my SUV today. Plus it means the girls can go home today when i get off work. (They werent allowed in the rental.)