News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Heather's back, and not so blue, she has less gall in SHARING 482

Started by Lynx, April 09, 2013, 06:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

I think that was that gal... I can't remember her name.  She was on here then off for ages then on and then off then on but I havent seen her in a few weeks.

I'm sure that makes lots of sense. ;)

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Kim

Sounds to me like SOMEBODY has a temper.  Ya'll should see him (Roscoe) when he gets mad.  Personally, I'm glad it's them on the other end of his temper and not me.  He turns so red in the face that you wonder if he is gonna explode!  He really needs that belt though, or I'm gonna be living in a jungle!

kmymbir

Just got back from the Honeymoon! The wedding was AMAZING and I'm super happy. Melody is suppose to be posting a picture here soon. At least that is the excuse she used for taking it.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

MelodyB

Oh! THAT one!

I dont like how I look in it. Im waiting to see how Sillas version turned out.

Want me to post the others I have?
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on April 22, 2013, 07:44:43 PM
I think that was that gal... I can't remember her name.  She was on here then off for ages then on and then off then on but I havent seen her in a few weeks.

I'm sure that makes lots of sense. ;)

BTW, I understood that. Lol

Lynx

I know chatrooms are passe these days, but I still hang out in a christian chatroom.  Well... at least I have my chat client running on the internet computer and keep half an eye on the convo while I'm fiddling with audio stuff.

So yesterday there was yet another guy in chat lamenting the fact that he was single.  He kept going on and on about how depressing it was, how he couldn't go to so many things (cited examples were traveling/sightseeing and movies) alone because it was "lame." He, I and Kirk had a long discussion about this, but Kirk and I could not prevail against his determination to be depressed.   :-\  That's the best way I can put it - he was bound and determined he was going to be depressed, and nothing anyone could say would convince him otherwise.

Question 1:  Why do some people think they have to get a partner NOW?  Why can they not be happy where they are?  I am.  Many others are. 

Question 2:  If they are so unhappy alone, what makes them think having a spouse will magically fix their lives?  In my experience if you can't be happy alone you can't be happy with a partner, and the partner will get fed up with you real quick.  (Mind you, that last statement was based solely on my own observation of other people's actions.) If they get married, what do they think will happen that will make them suddenly happy with life?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

Quote from: minnesota68 on April 22, 2013, 07:53:11 PM
Roscoe will find it on top of the mail box... :ugly:

:laughhard: I had to bless you for that.

I went to see more movies in my single days than I have in the 2 years I've been with Brandon. Actually I would still go to the movies alone even in the first 6 months we were dating. I'd invite him along, he couldn't go, so I'd take myself  :)

My eyes have done nothing but burn all day. Seasonal allergies, they are painting in the evenings at work, the single wide ashtray that is Brandon's grandma house, and now the dogs at my house because we were gone for 14 hours today and although he complains about them constantly needing to go outside Mike refuses to take them outside. Granted I love that fact the horrible 19 year old wallpaper is gone at work but there is no way to ventilate that place. No windows open and we can't prop the door open [animals escaping]. I had the worst headache today.

Good news is though, minus headache I'm finally feeling much more Heather-ish the past couple days. I seem to finally be over the whole surgery thing.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Kim

Just needed to vent a little bit.  My husband's car has been in and out of the shop for the past couple of months, so we have been sharing my truck.  Well, tonight i went to start my truck, and it wouldn't start.  The fuel pump isn't kicking on when you turn the key on.  Roscoe, as ya'll know him, came over to take a look, and seems to think the same as me... the fuel pump.   So I check the prices of a fuel pump for it and it is $265.  After putting out nearly $1500 on Robert's car, this is somewhat of a set-back.  But, Roscoe to the rescue... He is letting me drive daddy's truck for a couple of days so I can get my truck back on the road.  Don't know what I would do without him.    :reaction:

The Purple Fuzzy

It's nice to have someone that cares and that will help when needed.

CDAGeek

Man, this board sure has gotten quiet since I was last around! Good to see some familiar faces though.

Heather

It's my early morning at work and we are out of caffeinated products at my house. Hope I make it to work. lol.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Urgh! It's morning. But it's a good one. Rusty brought me in this am, and I have dr pepper, so therefore the day is good. :thumbsup2:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Roscoe, did you have to learn morse code to get your ham license? 

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: CDAGeek on April 23, 2013, 07:30:24 AM
Man, this board sure has gotten quiet since I was last around! Good to see some familiar faces though.
Geek, where have you been hiding?  I was wondering about you a while back.

mini

Quote from: MellowYellow on April 23, 2013, 01:11:23 PM

.... . / .-.. . .- .-. -. . -.. / .. - / .. -. / ... .... --- .-. - / --- .-. -.. . .-.  *cough*

Morning everyone!
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

mini

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

They left out my two favorites: I got carrots in my lunch and they are rotten, and ALN, snooze in an office chair.

SippinTea

*chuckles at all the nonsense*

Kim, I'm sorry about the car issues. :-( We've had a whole string of those ourselves. SO not fun! Glad you have your brother nearby to help you out for a bit.

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

mini

Dont everyone go all crazy and post at once.

I need to pace out the entertainment this bored...er...board gives me.

:ugly:

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on April 23, 2013, 01:11:23 PM
No. And I have no clue what the Schizoid Nutso put in Morse Code a few posts after you... :P I am, however, learning Morse code, or attempting to.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison