News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Singers that make you change the station...

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, November 29, 2012, 07:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Do any of you have certain singers that make you want to change the radio station?  There are a few that just get on my nerves for some reason and most of the time I end up either turning off the radio or changing to a different station.

Some of the ones that I struggle to listen to are:

Sarah Groves
Mark Schultz
and one that's not on the radio that my husband loves but I can't hardly bear is Swaggart.

Granted, each one may have one or two songs that I kind of like but it is the exception instead of the rule.

Lynx

What do you mean not on the radio?  I could find a radio station with Jimmy on it.  Always happy to help.   :teeth:

Okay, okay, bad joke.  Hush Isaac. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

SippinTea

Anything country, but maybe especially Randy Travis
Elvis
Several female vocalists on KLOVE, but I never listen long enough to hear who they are :cool:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Roscoe

Quote from: SippinTea on December 07, 2012, 12:16:36 AM
Anything country, but maybe especially Randy Travis
Elvis
Several female vocalists on KLOVE, but I never listen long enough to hear who they are :cool:

Just make mine the exact opposite of Wooby's. Chances are, if'n we were all stuck in a bus on a trip together, she and I'd be boxin' over the radio.   :laughhard:
I love Randy Travis.. :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Weeellll, I don't have my radio on those heathen country stations in the first place....  :hypocrite: :teeth: :P

haha but I really haven't found an actual Christian radio station that I care to listen to for very long.  We have a Baptist college station that plays some good songs intermittently.  We have K-Love, where the women are independent and the men are effeminate.  Not only will I turn the station but the kids will turn the station and/or make the comment that it sounds depressing or whiny. And then we have a PAW station but it's hard to make out the preaching they have on there it's so ridiculously dramatic and most of the songs repeat 47x.  Plus, that ignorant/arrogant personality gets on my nerves.  We do have a BET station that only on Sunday mornings at 9am does it play what is the closest thing to real church music.  However, the commercials are never ending and ruin the whole point of listening to Christian radio. 

Most often we just listen to CDs or talk radio or classical.

SippinTea

Roscoe, you're probably right. *grin* 'Cause for all I'm a musician and like to think I have a fairly open viewpoint when it comes to music likes and dislikes... I seriously HATE country. As in, it makes me feel like screeching and running away, or smashing the radio or something. And I don't usually get violent over music or other silly things like that. :biglaugh:

I can honestly handle rap and harder rock stuff far better than I can handle country.  :updown:

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Lynx

My radio station has more than 5,300 songs... and I bet there's something in there that you would hate, whomever you are, whatever style you like.  Almost anyone can find something to hate in my collection. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: