News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

No Big Words, Isaac, ol' son, because Roscoe's dense in SHARING 4-7-1!

Started by Roscoe, October 19, 2012, 01:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on October 25, 2012, 08:20:40 PM
Quote from: minnesota68 on October 25, 2012, 05:06:27 PM
Woah!  Seth and Roscoe are brothers?!?!  And Seth?  Why beat up your mom?!?

If that were so, then the beating would have been because she didn't leave him out in the woods somewhere after he was born. :P

Took a nap.
:pound: :pound:
Why on earth would you expect your mom to leave the handsome smart brother in the woods and keep the dumb ugly one?!? Just don't make sense, brother. :nono:

:hypocrite:
Quote from: MellowYellow on October 25, 2012, 08:39:56 PM
Quote from: Chseeads on October 25, 2012, 08:20:40 PM
Quote from: minnesota68 on October 25, 2012, 05:06:27 PMWoah!  Seth and Roscoe are brothers?!?!  And Seth?  Why beat up your mom?!?

If that were so, then the beating would have been because she didn't leave him out in the woods somewhere after he was born. :P

Weebles wobble but they don't fall down.  He'd probably just rolly poley back.
:pound: :pound: That ain't right , HippyChick.  :cry: My feewings are hurted.

And in my world- I feel like hammered poo tonight. I've coughed so much my chest feels like it's been plowed from the inside, and my sinuses won't stop running. Lord. I wish it would just get cold and stay, or hot and stay. This back and forth is killing me. Thank God for Pentecostal Sippin' Whiskey, aka NyQuil. :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Wow. I take a nap, and come back to discover that I apparently killed Godplace. Oops.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

RainbowJingles

Procrastinating?  Me?
:hypocrite:

I knowest not the meaning of the word!

Hmmm...

*goes to look it up*

Yup, that'll take a little time to do, won't it?  :bigcheese:

Melody

I'm kind of enjoying the political discussions this election.  I haven't gotten into anything heated.  But I did say this tonight:

"I'm still listening, reading, taking it all in. It'll be very interesting to have a Mormon priest in the White House should he win. I wonder if it will change our area here since he/Mormons believe that Jesus will return to Jerusalem and then Independence, MO to set up the New Jerusalem. I wonder if that demonic spirit of Moroni will gain power and influence as well? Mormons don't believe Jesus is God, nor that God of this world is the only true God but that they will eventually transcend into equal or greater enlightenment to become their own God's. Sounds a lot like what Satan said.

I have no opinion on either of them being the anti-Christ but I wonder which one, Muslim or Mormon, more reflects what the anti-Christ will do right before Satan enters into him? Would being the leader of the free world take Romney to what he thinks is that next level toward God status? 

Things I ponder."

In our distaste for Obama, I wonder if sober consideration has been given to the idea of a Mormon priest leading this nation?

Chseeads

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on October 26, 2012, 03:10:41 AM
I'm kind of enjoying the political discussions this election.  I haven't gotten into anything heated.  But I did say this tonight:

"I'm still listening, reading, taking it all in. It'll be very interesting to have a Mormon priest in the White House should he win. I wonder if it will change our area here since he/Mormons believe that Jesus will return to Jerusalem and then Independence, MO to set up the New Jerusalem. I wonder if that demonic spirit of Moroni will gain power and influence as well? Mormons don't believe Jesus is God, nor that God of this world is the only true God but that they will eventually transcend into equal or greater enlightenment to become their own God's. Sounds a lot like what Satan said.

I have no opinion on either of them being the anti-Christ but I wonder which one, Muslim or Mormon, more reflects what the anti-Christ will do right before Satan enters into him? Would being the leader of the free world take Romney to what he thinks is that next level toward God status? 

Things I ponder."

In our distaste for Obama, I wonder if sober consideration has been given to the idea of a Mormon priest leading this nation?
Thought about it. Decided it can't be worse than having someone who sat under a pastor that taught hatred for others based on race, claims to be christian but supports every cause that is polar opposite of Christ,and has ties to, if not is a member of, the Muslim faith , which is solidly anti-jew and thus anti-christ.... And I don't have a distaste for Obama. I have a distaste for his morals and policies. I feel his election was a positive thing, initally, for the country, and had an opportunity to pull folks together and heal old hurts over racial issues. Sadly, it seems he has only further divided the nation over these issues and squandered a great opportunity.
I wonder what it would be like to have a genuinely Spirit-filled man in that position, one that sought God's will in every decision?
Either way, whether President Obama gets re-elected, or we start saying President Romney in a few weeks, this nation has strayed from its biblical foundings drastically, and I feel we are in for a rough row to hoe for a bit, anyhow. God's will be done, I know He will take us through it..

On a lighter note- Obviously the Mormons are mislead. They've got heaven about four hours too far north. Anyone whose been in Arkansas in the fall knows Heaven is in the Arkansas Ozarks and Boston Mountain Range, only a few miles from me....

Melody

good points Roscoe.  I hope if Romney gets in, that it isn't worse.

Chseeads

I don't particularly see Obama's election as being anything particularly good in terms of healing old racial hurts....  He probably pulled a lot of the black vote just on that 'novelty' factor, so to speak... 

I think that's probably why they ran Herman Cain out on a rail when he was running....  Democrats didn't want a black man running as the Republican opposition, that might split the black vote.

:roll:

MelodyB

Ok so I didn't read all these posts since I posted last.

I just wanted to check in and let y'all know I'm alive. Been super busy with everything that happened this week, but things should slow down to normal now, and I can check in more.

The service for Ian was incredible. He would have been proud. We had a powerful move of God, and then tonight at church we had a blowout. It was just crazy how that worked. Amidst the sadness and all, God moved and we all were so broken already that He just swept in and took over. :) I REALLY prayed thru tonight...I really have been struggling for awhile now and it was good to completely surrender to God again and allow Him to melt me down again. Haha. I also shouted a bit before my meltdown. It was just a great service!

I am utterly exhausted right now. Been up since 4am and going all. Day. Long. But I'm wound up. I'll crash soon most likely.

:hi:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

There were a couple liberal women talking on FB about their disdain for rich white men (Republicans) making the rules regarding women's bodies and their choices....

Pooh.  If it's a government decision it's going to be a rich man or woman one t'other, of whatever race or color they might be, making the decision, whatever it be, either way....  Especially for those in high offices.  I don't know of any of them that are poor.  I'm pretty doggone certain they've all got a heap more money than I do. lol 

Chseeads

And on that women's health issue yadda yadda, if it's the birth control issue, I've got the solution to that.  Keep your legs crossed and shut up.  :smirk2:

There may be feasible conditions and circumstances where pills help with other conditions or something, if that's the case, fine....  But if it's just so you can enjoy your cheap thrills, that is not the responsibility of the rest of the nation to take care of that. 

That'd be like wanting the government to buy your cigarettes and booze. 

:-?

Anyways.   

The Purple Fuzzy

Cheesey, you've have some really good points there.  I shall bless you for that. ;)

Melody

Leaves HUGS for Mel.  God is still so very good to us.  ♥

Quote from: Chseeads on October 26, 2012, 04:57:18 AMThere were a couple liberal women talking on FB about their disdain for rich white men (Republicans) making the rules regarding women's bodies and their choices.... lol

It's hilarious how they leave out that Obama is half white and was raised white.  His fake ebonic accent is sad.   :biglaugh:

I agree w/ ya, I don't want to pay for other's birth control. Now vasectomies.... perhaps... LOL  juuuuuust kidding!!   

You know the pill increases the risk for cancer?  No secret or conspiracy at all.  My Dr. wouldn't put me on the pill because my risk was too high.

Roscoe

:waving: Slept all night. Took Chey to school. At library. Gonna go home, possibly make fresh cinnamon rolls. Otherwise, a chair and a good book shall be my ever present companions. :smirk2:

The Purple Fuzzy

I want a cinnamon roll.  I haven't done real cinnamon rolls in years.  I just don't seem to have the time when I'm working.  My recipe is a yeast one that needs to rise twice and that takes most of the day.

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 26, 2012, 02:46:50 PM
I want a cinnamon roll.  I haven't done real cinnamon rolls in years.  I just don't seem to have the time when I'm working.  My recipe is a yeast one that needs to rise twice and that takes most of the day.
I found a recipe in my state paper two days ago that seems simple, and claims you can have fresh hot cinnamon rolls in as little as 2 and 1/2 hours........I'll be sure to post results, and if they are any good and I don't screw them up, I'll post the recipe.

Melody

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 26, 2012, 02:46:50 PM

That's the kind I make as well. However, it takes far less than half a day if I use the quick rise yeast.  It doesn't even need to proof, you can add it to the dry mix. 

Melody

Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 24, 2012, 03:19:35 AMMellerYeller - here is a video of the last song we did at Fuel if you're interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOjT54cgh5E

awwww... thanks!   Makes me SO want to meet you!  If I ever get to come to TX maybe I can go to church with ya.

Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 25, 2012, 08:27:35 PM
Quote from: MellowYellow on October 25, 2012, 07:18:04 PM
Mini musta had extra coffee today. 

or maybe you're sharing your hoaky weed with him!!! that'd explain it more than the coffee would.

:pound:    Just so you didn't feel forgotten.   :hypocrite:

Melody

Ok. I gotta clean the church for a wedding, get groceries and what nots today. 

Nobody post till I get back!   :nono:

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

God is indeed good to us. I slept really well last night, and I woke up with that same peace I felt upon going to sleep, AND with a song in my heart and a praise on my lips.

GOD IS AWESOME.

I've eaten a good breakfast of oatmeal and toast, and I've showered and now I'm fixing to see what today holds for us. :)

We might go to the FAIR! Yay!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

SippinTea

I want cinnamon rolls!! :D

Cheese, I blessed you for being so sensible a few posts back. It's rare for you *cough* but when you are sensible, you are REALLY sensible. :bigcheese:

Meller Yeller - I'm not happy with either choice, but I'd rather have a Mormon in office than a Muslim. At least our core values are considerably closer together where life and family are concerned. Even if they are ridiculous about some other things.  :smirk2:

Horrid choice this year. For pity sakes, why doesn't Mini or Roscoe or Taco or Cheese run?!? I'd vote for any of them in a heartbeat. For that matter, why doesn't Meller Yeller run?  :cool:

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air