News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

No Big Words, Isaac, ol' son, because Roscoe's dense in SHARING 4-7-1!

Started by Roscoe, October 19, 2012, 01:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Made cookies.  Nathan and Hannah are at church at the fall party.  Andrew has a slight fever so I had him eat a salad, take a shower, and go to bed.  He's out.  So I'm home.  House is quiet. 

Here's a guy at our church:  Man Eats Wild

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLok7MZNJ3k&feature=share

SippinTea

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Chseeads

Chseeads

SippinTea

Yep. And I'm wicked-er than ever. Be afraid. Be very afraid. :cool:

I agree on the turkey sentiment.

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on October 30, 2012, 10:34:03 PM
So, to recap- I'm your friend. I am fat. I am not alone. You,too, are fat. Deal with it. Better yet, bake a goodie and come to my house, we'll all console one another.  :fork: :freaky2:

:P :laughhard:
I like that logic.  :D

Thanks Mellow.  I'll look into that.  The recent trick I learned for separating egg yolks will come in handy here...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MsJennJenn

:sing: here come the men in blackkkk....galaxy defendersssss...here come the men in blaccckk...they won't let you rememberrrr  :sing:

:hypocrite:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

kkay

Hope everyone out there is alright.

Things here are pretty normal now. I think some places had a couple inches of rain but we didn't even get an inch.

Made it to the store yesterday. Gonna go again today and get the things the other store didn't have. It's amazing .. they didn't have potatoes or plums :smirk2:

Hoping things get better.

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

kkay

Melody

First time in a Loooooong time that Andrew is actually sick with something.  He has a fever and sore throat.  Strep is going around.  I hope it's not that, we've never had it but it sounds yucky. 

Yesterday after school I had him do his homework, eat a hearty salad, take a shower and go to bed.  He was out.  So he is home today.  I'm not happy about it because I don't want him falling behind in school work.  He didn't miss a day last year.

I'm rebuking this sickness cause we can't afford going to the Dr. and I certainly don't want him on antibiotics.  So we'll see, push comes to shove, gotta do what ya gotta do.  It's our fault.  I almost sensed it was coming with the junk we've eaten lately. 

Lynx

To quote an old song...
"Seems like I need a change of scene
Cause every night I have the strangest dreams"

Seriously, the past two nights I have had some really bizarre, vivid dreams.  Maybe it's something I ate.  (Yeah, like THAT narrows it down...)

Speaking of food, I was thinking last night about that peach pie filling.  It seems to me that if I took a can of peaches - pallid, flavorless things though they are - took a potato masher to them, added some balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, cinnamon and a bit of orange juice concentrate, boiled it all down on the stove and let it cool..... seems to me that would make a great peach fried pie. 

What say ye?  Anything I forgot in there?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Melody

Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 31, 2012, 04:54:53 PMSpeaking of food, I was thinking last night about that peach pie filling.  It seems to me that if I took a can of peaches - pallid, flavorless things though they are - took a potato masher to them, added some balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, cinnamon and a bit of orange juice concentrate, boiled it all down on the stove and let it cool..... seems to me that would make a great peach fried pie. 

What say ye?  Anything I forgot in there?

I go get GOOD frozen peaches, let them thaw, toss them with the flavor I'm going for, and put in whatever I want.  Why do you have to use canned?  The frozen are pretty awesome.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Balsamic vinegar.  Much difference.

Frozen?  I didn't know you could get frozen.  Are they more expensive than canned?  I don't usually look at the frozen foods unless I'm going for Blue Bell ice cream. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

The floor is done! The walls are painted! Now if all the yucky rain/snow/bitter cold would chill out I'm moving. Did go by my storage unit today and get alot of my kitchen supplies out.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Quote from: Chseeads on October 31, 2012, 06:45:23 PM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 31, 2012, 06:00:06 PM
Frozen?  I didn't know you could get frozen. 

Dear lord, what's wrong with you?  lol
Shall we compare lists and see who's is longer?   :freaky2:
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 31, 2012, 06:00:06 PMFrozen?  I didn't know you could get frozen.  Are they more expensive than canned?  I don't usually look at the frozen foods unless I'm going for Blue Bell ice cream.

LOL  Umm... I pretty much buy any fruit out of season for things like pies, frozen. 

I don't know how you'd compare the price?  They are frozen right away, still retaining FRESH flavor and vitamins.  None of which you get from a can full of junk to preserve it.  I use far less sugar, if any, depending on the fruit I'm using.  Blueberries I don't even thaw, I just toss them with a bit of flour or cornstarch and spices and then add them to what I want.  With canned you are able to buy super cheap stuff so canned for generic low quality is always going to be cheaper.  With frozen, the only price range is regular to organic.  I usually buy regular.  Wal-mart has Great Value brand of frozen fruit.

Even some of the fruit that when thawed loses some firmness, like strawberries, still do well in pies.