News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Roscoe's on duty, better toe the line, in Sharing 469

Started by Lynx, September 24, 2012, 01:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Y'all are too quiet. Boring, even. :P

I went to work, got to church just in time to partake of potluck and have Pastor rub in the fact that he went to an awesome conference that I didn't get to this weekend....Oh well. Good food anyway. I came home and took Rusty's remaining unpainted door panel off and painted it, then reinstalled it.

Now I come in here, and find no one has posted ANYTHING. You have truely disappointed me.
Y'all are so boring, I'm leaving here and getting myself a good book to read. :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

It's raining still.  All day yesterday and today.  I cooked a roast for lunch and made some chocolate cookies.  Other than that, I haven't been very productive this weekend.

Chseeads

Went to church at Sanders this evening.

Tended fowl partially.  Need to go finish that.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on September 30, 2012, 11:58:44 PM
Y'all are too quiet. Boring, even. :P

I went to work, got to church just in time to partake of potluck and have Pastor rub in the fact that he went to an awesome conference that I didn't get to this weekend....Oh well. Good food anyway. I came home and took Rusty's remaining unpainted door panel off and painted it, then reinstalled it.

Now I come in here, and find no one has posted ANYTHING. You have truely disappointed me.
Y'all are so boring, I'm leaving here and getting myself a good book to read. :P
Yeah, don't you just hate it when you miss a good service, and people seem to go out of their way to tell you what a great service you missed?  I get it a lot when I'm teaching Children's Church Sunday nights.  "Yes, thank you, I'm so glad to know exactly how WONDERFUL it was..."

About the boring part, I'm afraid logic is going to hurt in this particular case.  See, you are also part of this forum.  And if this group of wingnuts on the forum is boring, and you're part of this group, then you...  Well...   :updown:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

It's the weekend. It's always slow and boring on the weekend around here.

Goodnight.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

In other news, it's a happy feeling to make other people happy.  :)

In other, other news, I seem to be going through my stock of bread rather rapidly of late.  Seems like every other meal is a sandwich, or food I put on toast, or something I dip bread in.  Gonna have to either change my menu or make some more bread this coming Saturday.  I think I'll just make more bread, it's easier than changing what I eat.  And probably more healthy as well.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

almondjoy

Fighting (and losing) a sore throat today.

We had a fifth Sunday potluck as well.  Made mini pecan pie "tarts".  Everyone seemed to love them.  They went rather quickly (considering we were 45 minutes late thanks to Aaron.  The last few went home with the pastor.

Not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow.  Am looking forward to the fact that it's only a 4 day week though.

Chseeads

It's been a while since I last did this, so I better do it again....

* Chseeads shoots you all. :fire:

kmymbir

Caught up on this thread. Lots of thoughts and things I want to share but im too sleepy got work in a few hours..
I'll try again tomorrow.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

RainbowJingles

Mel: More than once, I've downsized, and also helped deal with my mother's things after she passed away.  I haven't been where you are, but I do know how it feels to part with things that you feel like are a part of you - things that complete your life.  I must say, however, that sometimes downsizing can make you feel clean and a bit new on the inside.  I pray that you will begin to feel the lightness of less, instead of the frustration of loss.  It isn't easy, and sometimes it isn't quick, but I pray that it comes soon for you.
**HUGS**

RainbowJingles

Isaac: I've heard of Steven CC, Twila Paris, Russ Taff, and the Bishops.  Sounds like you really DID score some good stuff.  :-)

RainbowJingles

mini

Morning all.

I told a friend the other day that it seems life is changing.  I am use to downshifting in life.  Get done with something, and then a few days of rest before the next event.  Now it seems like every time I get a chance to shift gears, God has me up-shifting and speeding up.  If anything, its making me better aware of my time and how its spent.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on October 01, 2012, 11:10:54 AM
Morning all.

I told a friend the other day that it seems life is changing.  I am use to downshifting in life.  Get done with something, and then a few days of rest before the next event.  Now it seems like every time I get a chance to shift gears, God has me up-shifting and speeding up.  If anything, its making me better aware of my time and how its spent.
You is gonna need an overdrive at the rate you is going.. :biglaugh:

Morning. I am back at work. May have to work third shift sometime soon for a bit. One of our officers' wife is having complications from hip surgery, and he's having to take off, throwing that shift short.

Quote from: almondjoy on October 01, 2012, 03:11:28 AM
Fighting (and losing) a sore throat today.

We had a fifth Sunday potluck as well.  Made mini pecan pie "tarts".  Everyone seemed to love them.  They went rather quickly (considering we were 45 minutes late thanks to Aaron.  The last few went home with the pastor.

Not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow.  Am looking forward to the fact that it's only a 4 day week though.
Man, those sound good..... both the pecan pie tarts and the four day week. Sadly, I get neither.
Bah. It's not 7 am yet, I am without Dr Pepper and forced to substitute cappuchino....God have pity on my coworkers. Their ankles are in danger. :smirk2:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

kkay

I need A LOT of prayer. I have to do something today that will change my life and someone else's. I can't live like this anymore though. I've prayed and others have too and I feel I've received an answer. It's not necessarily the easiest, but I have to do what God wants me to do.

I'll most likely be depressed for a long time.

Melody

Hehehe @Roscoe.

Whatch'ya up to, Mini?

We move in 2wks. Then we're hosting someone for a conference the next wknd.  & bam! 2 Bible studies while a Nathan is teaching one too. One of mine is from 3yrs ago, she said she is ready now.  PTL!   

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

I'm totally amused here.  The kids are starting their Christmas program practice and the one they're using has a DVD for them to practice.  It's set in Jesus' day, in Bethlehem, dressed in the imagined attire. One of the parts is a Sherlock Holmes kid that has a Brittish accent.  The rest of the kids all have THICK southern accents... LOL  We can hardly understand what their saying.  It sounds like they're talking with their mouths full.  We are totally giggling because it's so fun.  Hannah is supposed to play a librarian.  The first major part she's ever had, she's pretty excited.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone talk like these kids do.  It's way beyond what I've heard any GPers sound like.  Even harder to understand than our new friend that just moved up here to marry one of our church gals, that's from MS.  His accent is so funny, some of us just smile and nod cause we couldn't catch everything he said.  He said recently that he noticed that we pronounce our words completely.  ha!  I love accents! They're so fun. 

Having a cup of coffee and then I'm off for a busy day. 

Sorry I had nothing good to say yesterday, Roscoe.  I had the weirdest headache, it made me want to puke.  I had to go to bed early.  So weird.  I think I had a headache like a month ago too.  I'm going to pay attention to what's surrounding these headaches cause headaches are not normal, they are symptoms of something else.  Hmmmm.....

SippinTea

If any from GP is going to be at general conference this week, please go say hello to my mom and dad and siblings. :)

Contemplating kicking my boys outside for a while this morning. They're turning into royal couch potatoes again. I won't be popular if I do, but... well, I suppose that means I've done my job as a mom for today?? :updown:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MsJennJenn

Ruby darlin - I have a trade for you...

I'll take your boys, and you do my Equations/Inequalities homework.  :smirk2:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Quote from: SippinTea on October 01, 2012, 03:51:33 PM
If any from GP is going to be at general conference this week, please go say hello to my mom and dad and siblings. :)

Contemplating kicking my boys outside for a while this morning. They're turning into royal couch potatoes again. I won't be popular if I do, but... well, I suppose that means I've done my job as a mom for today?? :updown:

Reminds me of quite a few Calvin and Hobbes comics. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 01, 2012, 03:57:29 PM
Ruby darlin - I have a trade for you...

I'll take your boys, and you do my Equations/Inequalities homework.  :smirk2:
That would be quite an inequality right there.  :P
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Ruby, did your mom end up getting to go to GC?  We had 3 sets of people come to church yesterday that were on their way to GC.  None of them looked like your parents though...

I'm getting all of about nothing accomplished.  Well, some laundry and kitchen is cleaned and a batch of pumpkin muffins for this week's breakfasts are done. Other than that though.  bleh.  I should probably stop getting on GP/FB for a "break."   

SippinTea

Jenn - DEAL. *lol* And inequality, yes..... in MY favor. :D

Melodya - Yes! They're headed to Portland today, catch a place super early tomorrow morning. Are you going to be there? I'd love for my mom and sis to get to meet you. :) They would like you. :)

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Lynx

Quote from: SippinTea on October 01, 2012, 04:31:48 PM
Jenn - DEAL. *lol* And inequality, yes..... in MY favor. :D
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.  I remember when I was a kid, and two of me I would NOT want to have to deal with.   :roll:
"Do you sing at church?"