News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

You don't need a doctors degree to post in Sharing 463!

Started by mini, May 18, 2012, 02:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

Quote from: MellowYellow on May 23, 2012, 08:17:18 PM
Quote from: minnesota68 on May 23, 2012, 06:24:59 PM
Bah to you all.  And for the record, Mellers method of punishment involves wax... :ugly:

Yes, lighting all natural candles for your stinky soul self.  Oh wait, that's catholic... lol

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe...

ROFLOL  I may have to change my signature...LOL
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

In other news, Sam is not charging.  So, he wont get to go to church tonight...no charge, no lights, no lights, no driving at night.

MelodyB

Well.

Dad is supposed to be transferred to the other hospital tomorrow. THANK YOU JESUS! This coming all the way to Ocean Springs is for the birds. It's a longggg drive one way. And I like our hospital better anyway.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Melody

Good to hear Mel.

LOL Mini

Quote from: minnesota68 on May 23, 2012, 08:43:12 PM
In other news, Sam is not charging.  So, he wont get to go to church tonight...no charge, no lights, no lights, no driving at night.

What ever happened to a flood light and duct tape?   :cool:

The Purple Fuzzy

Or strap to flashligths to the front and put the kids in the truck bed with two more covered with red plastic. :hypocrite:

Melody

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on May 23, 2012, 08:35:34 PM
Quote from: MellowYellow on May 23, 2012, 08:17:18 PM
Bah to you all.  And for the record, Mellers method of punishment involves wax... :ugly:

Yes, lighting all natural candles for your stinky soul self.  Oh wait, that's catholic... lol

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe...

ROFLOL  I may have to change my signature...LOL
BAH TO YOU ALL. Mini, at least the wax can be melted.....the stuff Meller applies heat to goes up in smoke. :ugly:

And slightly related- I thought of you today, Meller. We got a report of someone trying to register a stolen vehicle at the Department of Finance. Got over there and arrested the subjects, who looked like Woodstock, 1969 had been hard on them and they still hadn't recovered. Walked over to check out the "stolen" ride and would easily fail a drug test now, due to the contact high. Enough stems and seeds from your pretty little weed to make a bonfire.  :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

kmymbir

I HAVE A CAR!!!!
I am so excited! Not sure how I will pay for it, but it's a start, My God will supply!
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

taco_harvell

Why do people laugh when I tell them I went and Test drove a 1982 Datsun 210b Deluxe?
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Heather

My friend Jennie had to spend 2 days in ICU. She was brought back to a regular room today and may get to go home tomorrow. The baby has to remain in the hospital for at least 3 weeks due to his premie status. They did take him from under his jaundice light today though. Jennie and her family all say thank you for the prayers!!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Newsman

Glad she is doing better, Lady Heather! Thank you, Jesus!

Newsman

You know, without even misquoting or taking out of context, you followed an allusion that brings to mind your Brazilian Bikini Wax (BBW) days with brush hogging....

John  :waving:

Been brush hogging (you know, that does not look right for a mowing task...) all morning at work.

Got Sam started up (battery was a little weak), and getting him ready for his first ever church trip tonight.  We are having a huge kids service and he gets to go sit on the lawn where everyone who drives by can see him.

Chseeads

Brazilian brush hogging.... :freaky:

Glad they are doing alright, Vetcoffesparkpluggirl.

taco_harvell

I work my first truck today at nine. Say a prayer for me.

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

I had a horrible night. Fitful dreams. Kept waking myself up cause I was talking gibberish and yelling in my sleep. Couldn't get comfortable. Hot. Cold. Hot. Cold. My whole head is stuffed this morning and my throat is sore. I tannot breefe fru mi nose. Like AT ALL. I've already taken two sudafed with no luck.

OY.

Ok, that's my complaining for the day. I'm headed to take a hot shower to maybe loosen up all this mess in my nasal passages. Then going to a bakery on the way to the hosp to look for that cookie cutter I need.

Hopefully dad gets moved to the other hospital today! Yay!

Lynx

Quote from: taco_harvell on May 24, 2012, 10:33:24 AM
I work my first truck today at nine. Say a prayer for me.
You ain't kidding brother.  (I'm assuming you mean unloading, checking and putting away the truck order.)  I'd almost rather dig ditches than do truck again.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

Doing truck was one of the few things I actually liked when I worked in a store.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

taco_harvell

Truck wasn't to bad actually it was the first one and huge inventory so he called in 4 guys for it and we knocked it out in under two hours. I actually enjoy truck. I guess it's one of those mindless task which makes me good at it. lol

Headed back in at 4 for a huge meeting of all employees. Then to go look at the Datsun again. If it runs good and gets the gas mileage they claim if I buy it I might just take a road trip. lol

Picked up the Manuals for Ready for Battle and they look great!! Thinking about putting together a teachers manual to go along with them in case someone else wants to use it.

Well I need to goooooooooooooooooooooooooo............................................. See ya'll!

Lynx

Quote from: taco_harvell on May 24, 2012, 06:23:04 PM
Picked up the Manuals for Ready for Battle and they look great!! Thinking about putting together a teachers manual to go along with them in case someone else wants to use it.
I want, I want! 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Melody

Sounds great Taco.  It takes good character to do both intellectual things and physical labor.

It's a lovely day here.  Did some very basic chemical concoctions with the kids this morning.  It may be preschool things but it reiterates the things they've learned over the years. 

very simple catapult sending Ollie dog to fetch bites...lol  made from a box, wire, rubberbands, pencils and milk cap.
airing up the balloon with carbon monoxide made from vinegar and baking soda.
oxidizing exothermic "Elephant Toothpaste" made from yeast, water, peroxide and dishsoap.

I have to do something or my kids will spend all day, everyday lost in fantasy world reading.  Reading is great, but by some point, it's no more profitable than watching tv.  There's only so much you can sit on your backside and be entertained by shallow fiction.

I need to find some more GOOD books for Andrew. 

Something cool, is at cell group last night we all made ourselves accountable to be in God's Word.  Andrew decided that he was going to read 3 chapters a day, and Hannah one.  That I love!

Lynx

Three chapters a day, plus or minus, is the whole Bible in a year, basically what adults do on the read-the-Bible-in-a-year plan.  How old is this guy again?

Speaking of chemical concoctions, try the osmosis demonstration.  Take a raw egg, carefully chip off a bit of shell at the bottom, stick a straw in a hole at the top, set the egg in a cup of water filled not quite to the top of the egg.  The egg will go up the straw, demonstrating there is water being sucked in the bottom through osmosis.  Careful not to puncture the membrane at the bottom with the straw, or when chipping off the shell.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

I also used to LOOOOVE truck day! Nothing like the solitude of the stock room and freezers to calm your nerves!