News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

OK Meetup 2012 CANCELLED

Started by Newsman, May 08, 2012, 11:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newsman

Just lost another typed-out reply. I dopn't know whether to bother trying agan.

I'm having problems from  my 'small' procedure, and just a bit sick on top of it. If I didn't need to be there Thursday, I'd abandon ship and go somewhere and rest.

To your question, Isaac, I'll try a third time to get a typed response in. :)
What we did last time was take the total numiber of times each persn stayed a night, divided that into the total cost for the cabins, then multiplied that by the number of nights we stayed.

For instance, six adults staying two nights each would be 12, divided into $200 would be $16.66. Multiply that by two and each person who stayed two nights would pay $33.33.Fewer than six (that would seem unlikely) woold be higher, more than six lower.

I would propose we count children at half the adult count, as in, two children would equal one adult for these calculations. Does that sound agreeable to everyone?

There would be no charge for any daytripping folks, as they are not staying overnight in the cabins.

I'm not in bad shape, just hurting and pretty aggravated at at least one doctor..hopefully, I'll at least be in a better mood Thursday. :)

I'll post more tonight, including my cell #, in case folks get turned around getting there. I'll be on site Thursday morning, I'm guessing 8-10ish in the morning.

We will need some extra chairs. Can some bring some, or do you want me to round up half a dozen or so and bring them with me?

John  :waving:

Lynx

Probably both would be a good idea - if you have half a dozen or so chairs handy bring them, and everyone who has one bring it.  I have one for myself and Grandma. 

I don't know who else will be there in the morning, but I'll be there sometime around dusk.  I work second shift the night before and it's a long drive.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

Can anyone confirm or deny the availability of an oven?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

sunlight

There is one in the Freemans house, and they let us use it last year. They are really nice. Plan on having access to an oven.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

Huzzah!

Plan on chocolate cheesecake, and if we can talk Grandma into it, some cheese biscuits.  :D
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

By the way, what's the address so I can mapquest this place and figure out how to get there?  I gather it's about 10 miles south of Clayton, OK.

EDIT:  never mind, I just checked my PM and found the site.  Forgot I had that link.
"Do you sing at church?"

Newsman

Yes, as Chel mentionjed, and I touched on in the first post in the thread, the Freemans will allow us to use their insiode cooking stuff..

I will be there to get us started, but I now have an appointment with a surgeon Friday morning...sigh.

Lynx

WHAT?!  No fair!  Will you have to go home Thursday night?  Will you be back in time for sourdough french toast Saturday morning?  I'm bringing maple syrup...
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Oh John, I'm so sorry.  I'm praying for you.

Surgeon as in surgery or you just have to talk to him?

We have chairs, don't worry about us.

So is the head count John for a portion of time, Isaac, Sandra, Chel, my family?

Roscoe

Don't count us out yet.....no promises, but we are looking at it. Probably won't know until time to leave and if we DO make it, it'll probably be a day trip...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

John, I don't feel right about you setting all this up in your predicament. Reguardless of your chivalry.

I also don't feel right about so many not being able to make it. 

I guess I'm volunteering to be the bad guy if this means the meet-up is postponed.

I think the valiant effort made showed we really do like eachother and want to fellowship.  I feel like it's coming to a head and perhaps the timing just isn't right. As much as I really want to meet everyone, I also don't want to push what feels forced from my behalf just cause I want what I want.  We've put our means where our mouth is, we've prepared and planned. But it just isn't jiving with me guys.

I hate to be a party pooper. I'm very sorry. When Mel couldn't come my heart sank a little and really I should have perhaps listened to my gut then because it already wasn't feeling copecetic.

Sandra, Chel & Isaac, I hope you can understand/ forgive me for bowing out.

Newsman

I wasn't trying to nuke the meetup. I can be there to open, and at least part of it.

Tell me what y'all want to do.Please don't cancel the meetup with friends because of me. My appointment is just to let the guy look me over, I'm still having a bit of trouble with a small cut they made on me a couple and a half weeks ago.

Newsman

Additionally I'm seeing some possible room for improvement in my situation, and I'm planning on trying to push back my appointment by a week or so. I would appreciate prayer, though!

As I said, I can be there, now maybe the entire thing. I'm still ready even to tempt you with your favorite chips Thursday night, Melodya, when you and Nathan and family arrive. I've already talked to the local pizza place.

I hope this will still go off.

Lynx

It's a little late to call everything off. What will I do with this vacation time I already requested?

In again, out again, gone again, Finnegan...
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Plus I already have a good $420 set aside for gas, lodging and random expenses. 

Plus I've been looking forward to this for months now.

Plus Grandma has stated multiple times she would really like to meet Chel's mother.

Plus... Who said anything about calling it off? 

I am going to Oklahoma on May 17th.  If nobody is there I will detour to Texas where, as a partial compensation for not seeing Roscoe, Mini and Newsman, at least I might get to hang out with Clarence at his barbecue.   :cool:  If nobody is home in TX, I will go back home to TN and will have at least had a good road trip with Grandma.
"Do you sing at church?"

Newsman

I'm planning on being there Thursday, for whoever arrives.

Lynx

Good, I wasn't at all sure if I could catch Chel and crew at home.   :biglaugh:
"Do you sing at church?"

Newsman

Ha! That might be a task indeed! Though I did catch them about 9pm one night, on my way back from Mississippi. :)

I hope we have a good turnout! And, it will be a good turnut iof each person that can attend, does.

Newsman

OK, three in a row. We'll base dinner time on when most, nearly all can be there. I can pick up the pizzas as late as closing time at the pizza place in Clayton, 9:30. So, we could go with a fairly hot dinner as late as near 10pm, or as much sooner as people want. I'll have chips and pop set up earlier to snack on until the pizza de resistance arrives.

The Purple Fuzzy

OK, guys.  I know it's disappointing but I'm thinking the timing is just not right or something.  We could push on through and do this but maybe God is trying to tell us no for a reason.  I wanted to go, but at this point I'm thinking we need to just wait and try again at another time.

Lynx

The continual uncertainty is killing me. 

What is Chel doing with the time off that she had to fight for?  If nothing better, load up and come up here to TN.  Or can we come down there?  Grandma really wanted to meet you.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Canceling I can understand.  Canceling on such short notice I object to.

I made plans.
I scheduled vacation time.
I bought supplies.
I set aside money.
Now I'll be off work Thursday and Friday, with nothing to do and a bunch of supplies for the trip that I won't use.  Oh well, at least now I have money I can stash back for something, and/or spend on something else.

"Inconvenience" doesn't even begin to cover this.  I'd better shut up until I cool down a bit.

Gratitude to Newsman for putting up with this mess for so long.  Sorry it didn't pan out, I was really wanting to meet you and the others.
"Do you sing at church?"

Newsman

The Meetup is cancelled. At least the one near Clayton, where some may gather in other parts of the region this weekend is not my business.

I want to apologize to Isaac. He had the farthest to drive, most arrangements to make, and yet been the stedfast one about making this happen.

I will confess to being a bit frustrated at the lack of commitment and changing of minds, but we are all human, and no one should go to a relaxing or fellowship event if they don't want to.

I'll notify the Freemans.

I will probably never again get involved, at least in helping organize, a large group meetup related to this website.

Lynx

Chel, as you stated you had to fight for the time off and you ARE going somewhere... You are hereby formally and cordially invited to the Prime Timer's camp meeting here in Tennessee.  We'll even pay the extra gas money.  Sis. Harvell, who usually shares a room with Grandma at the camp ground, has of course by this time found another roommate to share a room with, so you'll have a place to bunk.
"Do you sing at church?"

Kloey

Sigh.  I'm sorry that y'all's event was cancelled.  Y'all are welcome to come break into my jail and hang with me while I work...  :-D
I am activated to pursue His kingdom, not for what it is, but for the absence found within.