News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

A boars work is never done in sharing 4-6-1

Started by Babs, April 17, 2012, 02:52:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick One

A
Z

MelodyB

I went back to sleep earlier and slept till 8:00! Yay! Fixing to get up and shower and head to the hospital.

I turned the heater on earlier. *shiver* it was *60 degrees INSIDE the house. It's not now though!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

I have some junk coming up today at work, someone trying to make trouble.  Fortunately I also seem to have some staunch defenders...

I'd really appreciate some prayers.  Whatever happens will happen about 3:30pm today.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Quote from: taco_harvell on April 24, 2012, 01:05:20 PM
Quote from: kmymbir on April 24, 2012, 10:16:26 AM
Some stuff I found, would like to know if anyone can shed any light on this, I added the links that  are mentioned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8gpgpJA3z0

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/03/16/executive-order-national-defense-resources-preparedness
www.google.com/patents/US57782189
http://singularityu.org/synbio/

I have done some reading on this and some are blowing it up as the "mark of the beast" well, it ain't. It's not even binding. The executive order stuff while scary is technically something every modern president has had the power to do.. God is still in control and ain't nothing gonna happen till HE says so, so don't sweat it.

RFIDs have been around for awhile, so has the VeriChip.  Last I knew the FDA had finally approved the VeriChip after it had not earlier approved it because the testing that was done on horses failed.  I used to have the FDA report.  They implanted the horses and it is supposed to bond to the inner flesh, but instead it migrated and they had to butcher some just to find the chip.  Plus, you can't get a catscan with them, it'd be sucked right out of you from the magnetism.  And "too much" radiation would cause it to heat up, burning you from the inside out.  I don't know how or if they actually worked all the kinks out but because it isn't totally needed, it's not very popular yet.  However, there is a significant of people with them.  I heard an interview of one guy talking about how he got it and wanted it to pay, he could scan his hand and it acted like a debit card.  It was in Europe though.  A family in California was on some day show about how their whole family had the VeriChip, years ago.  I haven't heard anything else about them.  My sister, the marine, was briefed on getting it and she was upset, not understanding that the mark isn't just a "mark" but something that you must also give your aliance to above God, which would fit suitably in the military.  She said she would protest under religious freedom but they told her it wouldn't hold and she would be court marshalled.  Somehow, it disapated and never happened though and then she was reassigned somewhere else. 

There used to be a website with good info on it by Catherine Albreit (sp?) on the subject but I'm not sure if it is still exists and I can't google it. 

I could see how the VeriChip or something similiar could turn into the mark of the beast after significant global events but not presently.  However, simply because it's something foreign into my body, I wouldn't get it.

Lynx

I wouldn't get it for the same reason I don't have a smartphone.  Don't need it, don't want it, don't bother.  :cool: I have no reason to get it. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

SippinTea

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Newsman

MelodyB

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Melody

Andrew is fighting some stuffiness so chicken noodle soup and what I had already planned.. zucchini pizza boats.

Cleaned the church.  Not much else accomplished.

I did have a long conversation with Hannah this morning.  She asked me to pray with her because she thought the devil was trying to attack her soft spot... fashion.  ie: she was feeling the pressure to be wordly and want to dress worldly, specifically pants.  She said pants were just looking so "artistic" on girls.  Keep in mind she is 10 yrs old...lol  I started out heading towards the Deut. scripture about gender specific attire but it quickly went a whole nother conversation toward the 1st and 2nd commandment.  We discussed idolatry and what worship is day to day.  We identified how the Bible shows us, that people can call themselves worshipping God and other gods, lukewarmness, and separation.  We talked about coming out from among a group of people and how that meant that group was seeing something from one angle but when you come away from that, you see a different angle completely.  We prayed about keeping the right perspective on truth and we resisted the devil from trying to make us see things his way.  I'm happy to tell you, that devil fled. :)  We resubmitted our "fashion" to Jesus, making the only important people to try and please were Jesus and our leadership by submission. 

Nice talks with my kiddos bless me. ♥

Chseeads

Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 24, 2012, 01:45:07 PM
Quote from: Chseeads on April 23, 2012, 09:48:44 PM
I voted for 2 because 2 is better than 1, I wanted more.... :P

This is exactly the reason I voted for 2.
Scary....

*gasp*  I've found my soul mate!  :pwink:

Went to work this morning....dropped off 6 dozen eggs and 2 roosters to the Asian lady that's been getting eggs lately.  Worked.  Came home.

More tomorrow...with a couple egg drops as well.   I hate work. 

MsJennJenn

In your dreams!!

Unlike Melb, Mary, Alaina, and anyone else who falls for your sweet nothings...I WILL NOT DO IT!

:demand:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

Seth, I think Jenn just issued you a challenge...

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

Roscoe

:hi:

Worked all day, rushed home (enjoying sermons from the website ApostolicClassics)  and got the lawn mower. Had to hurry back to get the church yard mowed because my trailer has no taillights. Got churchyard mowed and returned home. Removed broke headbolt that was still in Rusty's block in preparation for the install of his new head. Came in, ate a salad and sat on my butt. Going to bed now.

My day summed up. See ya tomorrow. :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Wait, wait, wait....the cop is pulling a trailer with no lights?

Officer, officer, we need a ticket written over here!

Newsman

1) She says she is in your dreams
2) She adnmits your sayings are sweet.
3) Denial can be the first stage to acceptance!

John  :waving:

Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 24, 2012, 11:27:45 PM
In your dreams!!

Unlike Melb, Mary, Alaina, and anyone else who falls for your sweet nothings...I WILL NOT DO IT!

:demand:

SippinTea

MY, does Hannah have a copy of the book The Girl In The Dress? If not, you might think about buying it for her. It might give you both some great opportunities for discussion together.

Tough day. Really tough day.

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

MsJennJenn

Leaves hugs for her Ruby darlin' and melb!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Melody

Quote from: SippinTea on April 25, 2012, 03:38:51 AM
MY, does Hannah have a copy of the book The Girl In The Dress? If not, you might think about buying it for her. It might give you both some great opportunities for discussion together.

Tough day. Really tough day.

I think I have heard of it.  I need to look it up. Thanks.

*comes up beside Ruby, locks an arm and prays*

Melody

Quote from: SippinTea on April 25, 2012, 03:38:51 AMMY, does Hannah have a copy of the book The Girl In The Dress? If not, you might think about buying it for her. It might give you both some great opportunities for discussion together.

Ok.  Just bought it on amazon for Kindle.  We're going to start reading it.

MelodyB

Lynx

Well the expected trouble at work hit, and then... apparently fizzled away to nothing.  Cool.   :cool:

The only residual effect is the guy who was trying to stir up trouble was not speaking to, or even looking at me all day.  Everything else, with everyone else, is fairly normal.  I can live with that.
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads