Main Menu

A boars work is never done in sharing 4-6-1

Started by Babs, April 17, 2012, 02:52:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick One

A
Z

Lynx

They won because some advertisements claim nutella is healthy.  I always got a kick out of those commercials... the first ingredient is sugar, and the second one is palm kernel oil.  Never thought anyone would actually *believe* them.

Nutella does taste good though.  If you eat it for what it is - basically a spreadable, semi-solid candy bar in a jar - it's nice every so often. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

So...a man walks into a bar, orders a glass of water from the bartender. The bartender reaches under the bar, pulls out a shotgun, and fires off a round, just barely missing the mans head. The man says "Thank you", puts a tip on the bar and turns and walks out.

Why did he thank the bartender and leave a tip?
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

The man had the hiccups and the bartender was trying to scare them out of him? 

I guess it worked, the customer was happy enough to leave a tip.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

Good job! I didn't think anyone would get that.

I heard it on NCIS. Lol

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

I need to watch that sometime Mel.  You make it sound so good.

We watched the movie "The Help" tonight.  Awesome storyline.

MsJennJenn

Isaac it's a TV show. Naval criminal investigation show....it's good!

Melodya - I've seen it too...it's awesome!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Newsman

Anyone notice Lady Jenn's sigh looks a lot like Seth's? And she has been in so much denial about him lately...hmmm...

John  :waving:

Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 27, 2012, 01:59:22 PM

Must be nice! It's like pulling teeth for my boss to even remember Admin day. Sigh...

Chseeads

Newsman

My money's on Lady K!

John  :waving:

Quote from: Psalm_97 on April 27, 2012, 11:10:04 PM
I've never met Mel in person, but she seems nice enough... but you'll have to fight me over the dark chocolate.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Melodya, it's a great show. You would enjoy it. I haven't met anyone yet who watches and didn't like it.

I'm up and getting ready to take Dad to dialysis. I'm not complaining about my situation, I am glad I am here to help him. I liturally had to help him get dressed this morning cause he can't walk and he's been in such a fowl mood since he got home. I'm glad I am here. My only gripe is that I am doing EVERYTHING for him while my dear sweet mother lays in the bed asleep. But yet she claims she does it all.

I. Hate. That.

:smirk2:

I almost hate to leave him with her today, but I have other obligations with church stuffs, and frankly, I _NEED_ to get away from all this, even for just a few hours. It scares me to leave him though. *sigh*

Chseeads

If he's in the mood for fowl, that's a good thing.

MelodyB

Im at the church. Its my down time till 3 or so when we have a MEETING. (Seth)

I have already been to WM, restocked and cleaned the snack area in the Youth room, practiced Ericas song for her signed song next weekend with her, talked to Granny about all my troubles with Mom, and been to Jerry Lees Grocery to pick up what I am gona have for lunch later. Now Im in the office chillin on a real computer and eating some Zapps Cajun Dill Gator-Tators. :fork:

So now what?

And where is everyone today?

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

MelodyB

Lynx

No you're not, you're THERE.  I'M here.   :pound:
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Chseeads

Melody

I need an excercise buddy.  Is that weak?  I have a great sidewalk I can go on but I'm a bit self conscience walking alone along a busy street.  blah.  But I do want to excercise.  I am not fat, but I couldn't survive anything I don't think to save my life, I'd be going on faith alone... lol  Can't afford a gym membership and honestly, I don't really want to do that either.  This is probably really pathetic but I've tried doing those excercise videos before and when it gets to the strength building part, I cannot do it AT ALL.  It practically reduces me to tears and then I'm done.  I've been limber as all get out before but have never been able to do 1 push up, pull up, climb a rope or whatever else one measures physical strength with.  Smh at myself.  I pretty much have no self will when it comes to actual excercise. 

Somebody come be my excercise buddy!

MsJennJenn

Just woke up. Had a rough night. Serious wicked pain in my neck. Not sure what I did.

Bout to make some cinnamon rolls and my bro/sil are coming over so she and I can lay out by the pool.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

I hate it when that happens.  Sorry it happened to you.  Makes the whole day harsh.
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

It's really a sad thing that we don't live closer, MY. 'Cause while I could walk all day and all all night, anything that has to do with arm strength (other than playing the piano, so I guess that's mostly lower arm and shoulder muscles) I'm pathetic. When I was little, I used to do chin-ups, and climb ropes, and all kinds of stuff, but now??... I can't even do one single chin up.  :smirk2: Yeah, like I said. I'm pathetic.

*thinks about commenting on Jenn's post, and then thinks better of the comment* :P

Sorry your neck is hurting, girlie!

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Melody

YES!  I think if I had a work out buddy, I could laugh at myself but keep going with weight training.  I get too serious on myself by myself. 

Roscoe

Bah.

I had the day all to myself- very rare. Lou had to work, and Chey stayed the night with a friend. So what did I do? Slept in until 9:30, drove the 'vette to town to check on Rusty's head, came back and attacked the jungle that attacked the west side of my house. Is it a coincidence that all the encroaching vines and weeds that I want to kill before the take over my house is on the SAME SIDE OF THE HOUSE THAT OKLAHOMA IS?!?!? I think not. :mad: I'm reasonably sure it is Mini's fault.

Anyhow- I have now gotten the majority of the jungle cleared but not hauled to the burn pile. I've ran slap outta energey or desire to complete the job now.

My trip to town was completely wasted- the machine shop had a sign on the door saying they were closed until Tuesday. Means Rusty's reconstruction will be delayed a few more days. :cry2:
And I am fixing to began cooking pork chops in a mushroom gravy sauce, and whatever vegetables I can find, and maybe a cheesecake for dinner.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison