News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Last person to post wins, round 16.

Started by Lynx, November 30, 2011, 06:13:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Why does morning have to come so early in the morning?   :-\
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Melody

Can't decide what to do today.  I had too much fun and coffee yesterday.  We had an older couple over for lunch after church.  You know, those couples that you just want to scoop up and take care of while their grown children are off busy or live far away?  We haven't heard all their stories, they enjoy relaxing and sometimes a casual game, and are full of knowledge.  They are so sweet.

Next week, my Bible study family and then I'm finished formally teaching them.  It'll be time for a new one with someone else.  Our focus for the year at our church is:

Expansion 2012.

ISA 54:1-3
1. Expand your tent - vision
2. Lengthen the cords - relationship building for unity, strength & discipleship
3. Strengthen the stakes - doctrine & discipleship
4. You will expand to right and left (evangelism)
5. Your children will inherit the nations - multicultural revival

Something broke in the spiritual in KC last week during a prayer mtg.  Everyone had stories about God opening doors to witness.  It's crazy!  I'm NOT a small talk person, I hate it, it's so awkward.  Introductions are very uncomfortable for me, just tell me who ya really are, what makes ya tick, and you've got a friend for life. ☺  Too bad it doesn't work like that... LOL

Last Tuesday I was cashing my church cleaning check and the teller said she went to the church across the highway. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OOWl3r_ruY:-?  I asked her about their Thursday thru Sunday church and if they were all reg. services or Bible studies.  She said just services.  Somehow, I don't even know how! that we have a few Filipinos in our church came up.  She is F. also, and she just looked at me,  :o  Like that. I wish I knew what she was thinking.  We talked about Sis.Lettie's eggrolls and how she takes care of her parents now so I have not been to an authentic Filipino party though I've spent time with her family. I mentioned our World Missions conf. and how fun it is.  I didn't invite her to church.  She said she should come visit.  I said, "Yeah!  :)"

I walked away thinking that was amazing.  Then Sunday, I heard a ton more stories.  God's doing something in KC!

Oh and like 5 other people also had to go and buy cars on Saturday.  weird.  I've never had that happen before... lol  Musta been a car demon attacking.   :lol:

Lynx

"Introductions are very uncomfortable for me, just tell me who ya really are, what makes ya tick, and you've got a friend for life. ☺  Too bad it doesn't work like that... LOL"

Who says it doesn't work?
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

says the grown man who is too paranoid to show his identity.

lol  I thought I was posting in sharing.   :chairspin:

Lynx

I have shared my identity with some.  I gave my address to someone just last night so something could be sent to me.  Which reminds me, I need to get off this swivel chair and go mail a check.

And yeah, that did seem a bit longer than the normal posts we get in this thread.  Too much coffee no doubt.  Or maybe just too strong.
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Lynx

Lovely for me as well, I get a soundboard cover.  And perhaps something else, the person is trying to see if it will work out... if it does, when I get it I might post a pic of me modeling it. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Lynx

Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 16, 2012, 06:40:28 PM
Which reminds me, I need to get off this swivel chair and go mail a check.
Or maybe not.  The bank AND post office are shut down because someone had a birthday today.  But I still must report to work today.  Why do they get so many more days off? 
"Do you sing at church?"

Tricia Lea

Facebook is showing me more and more how stuck up and so full of themselves some "christians" can be. The block button is becoming more and more handy lately

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 16, 2012, 06:51:01 PM
Lovely for me as well, I get a soundboard cover.  And perhaps something else, the person is trying to see if it will work out... if it does, when I get it I might post a pic of me modeling it.
:o :o I'll believe it when I see it.... :biglaugh:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

GF oreos are not the same.  just sayin' 

Lynx

Roscoe:  No, you probably wouldn't believe it even if you saw it.  The new project isn't the kind of thing most people would wear, at least not intentionally. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Wait, what? ON? um... I retract the word fun from my response... lol  It may be traumatic.

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 17, 2012, 05:41:14 PM
Roscoe:  No, you probably wouldn't believe it even if you saw it.  The new project isn't the kind of thing most people would wear, at least not intentionally.
:laughhard: I am somehow sure that whatever it is, it ISN'T a hat or anything that will let your face be shown.. :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

You'll see it if/when I get it.  We're not even sure it will work out yet.
"Do you sing at church?"

Tricia Lea

The Purple Fuzzy

The Purple Fuzzy

SPAM stands for something!
In 1937, in Austin, Minnesota, the Hormel Company developed the first canned meat product that did not require refrigeration. Made of chopped pork shoulder and ham (a cut from the pig's buttock and thigh), it was marketed simply as "Hormel Spiced Ham." The public's response was anticlimactic. Other companies developed their own canned meats, and Hormel's product was soon at risk of getting lost in the shuffle. To save the day, a decision was made to offer a prize to the person who could think up a catchy new name. The winning entry was "Spam". Several versions of the name's meaning are in circulation - the two most credible are: It's a blend of "spice" and "ham," and it stands for "Shoulder of Pork and Ham." What is known for certain is that Kenneth Daigneau, a Broadway actor - and the brother of a Hormel vice president - submitted "Spam." As the contest winner, he was given a prize of $100.

Today Spam is iconic. It is still an inexpensive source of protein that can stretch a budget; yet it is "famous" enough to have spawned fan clubs and cookbooks. It is known (sometimes by reputation and sometimes by taste) by Americans of all ages. As is fitting an icon, its packaging was accepted into the Smithsonian. And if you travel to Austin, Minnesota, you can visit the Spam Museum, opened in 2001. You will be welcomed by a variety of interactive and educational games, exhibits, and video presentations, all singing the praises of Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam....

http://shine.yahoo.com/at-home/odd-facts-7-iconic-products-164000529.html