News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Time to get thrifty in Sharing Four-Fifty!

Started by MsJennJenn, November 16, 2011, 04:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Ugh. Today and tomorrow, then three days off. So ready for it! It has rained so much the last couple of days we are having flooding issues. I came through my usual route at 5:20 am and didn't get a tire wet, thirty minutes later, Lou calls and tells me the road is under water. :o And it's supposed to rain more today.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Ugh....  Can somebody check and see if there's a knife in my back?

Still crippled!!!!!  Oy!  Lord......  Ouch......Crud.....

taco_harvell

Back to packing. Gonna be another very long day.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

The Purple Fuzzy

IowaSkirtGirl

Ya know, I feel pretty great this morning. Still a lil stiff and sore, but great none the less.

I slept amazingly well, all 12 hours of it :)
I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

mini

Chelleebelle is on her way home!!!!

(and she got a Chel hug...)

:sadbounce:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Goooooood morning!   :hi:

Today gonna be one busy day.  Gotta pack all the stuff I'll need for the trip.

Two cast-iron skillets for my niece who loves to cook;
Two copies of "Charlie ain't been by..." for my mother and sister;
Two loaves of sliced sourdough, mayo and two pounds each of turkey and ham... I am NOT paying the prices those restaurants in
     the Opryland Hotel charge;
Phone and charger;
Computer and charger;
Some letters (with surprises in them) for a few online friends, to mail at a random town along the way - it's not too early to send
     Christmas cards is it?
Gotta wash some dress clothes and make sure my black socks are in there.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

SippinTea

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

I found out if you flood the screen with ........, line after line after line, this forum shortens it to one line of ...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

Went and bought APB one of Christmas presents. Gonna wrap it here in a few as he's already said (and his mom warned me) he'll search for it. I told him if he peeks or unwraps it I'm taking it back and buying something for myself.

Put up my Christmas tree and my animals stockings. Yes, I am one of THOSE people. Lol

Going to get my fridge this afternoon!! I've never been so excited for an appliance in my life! I guess this is what almost 30 feels like. Lol :)
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

When you said you're one of THOSE people I wasn't thinking about the stockings for the animals.  I was thinking your one of THOSE people who put up the tree so early. 

Grandma and I both don't want to mess with it until well into December.  So we don't.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Dad is bad sick again. Can't breathe well. He stayed home. Mom stayed with him.

I'm at church and I just found out that Olivia has Pheumonia and was admitted to the hospital.

*sigh*
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

IowaSkirtGirl

*hug* MEL!

Seems I've got myself in another lose lose situation. Maybe Seth was right...and I can't believe I said that!
I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

SippinTea

Quote from: minnesota68 on November 22, 2011, 05:17:05 PM
Dont . at us!

:P

Quote from: HeatherB on November 22, 2011, 07:04:10 PM
Went and bought APB one of Christmas presents. Gonna wrap it here in a few as he's already said (and his mom warned me) he'll search for it. I told him if he peeks or unwraps it I'm taking it back and buying something for myself.

Put up my Christmas tree and my animals stockings. Yes, I am one of THOSE people. Lol

Re: the first... Tee hee!!

Re: the second... YES!! I knew there was a reason I liked you so much. :bigcheese:

Quote from: MelodyB on November 23, 2011, 12:08:08 AM
Dad is bad sick again. Can't breathe well. He stayed home. Mom stayed with him.

I'm at church and I just found out that Olivia has Pheumonia and was admitted to the hospital.

*Hugs* Mel

Quote from: IowaSkirtGirl on November 23, 2011, 12:15:45 AM
Maybe Seth was right...and I can't believe I said that!

:eek!:

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

MsJennJenn

I have friends who've had their trees/decor up for almost 3 weeks now. We put ours up usually on Thanksgiving day, or that weekend.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads

Lord.

Went to town.  Got a tire checked out on the TB that had a slow leak...had a rock poke a hole in it.  Plugged that.

Banked.

Got little stuff at Tractor Supply, didn't get part of what I started too cause I erroneously thought it was a tad cheaper at Rural King where I was going to go....but it wasn't...bah.....so I only got one bag at RK to tide me over till later....

Went to Martinsville to RK, got a bunch of layer crumbles, stocked up some while they're on sale....  Total of 1,580 pounds of feed in the TB... :smirk2:

Got a piece of rope to tie on the pump in the cistern too....

Went to the church....of course I lollygagged around too much to be there when they were they wiring the pump up....and I would have had him attach the rope while he was down in there....  But, since he wasn't, I aimed to do it myself...  Not the best idea...

I assumed since the other two short people that had been in there could get out, I could too....bad assumption.....

I got in there, and could not get out.  I struggled to get out a couple times, couldn't do it....  Prayed to God to give me a cell phone signal (Thank God I took it with me into the hole because I was going to use the flash on it as a flashlight.) and called home...busy signal....  Prayed to God for more signal and called my sister, and she came and brought be a bucket to stand on...and I still couldn't get out....lol  We were trying and trying to think of everything....  Finally I just hauled off and jumped straight up (from standing on the bucket) and that got me high enough to get out.....broke the bucket, but I was free.  LOL

I felt like "Baby Jessica."  lol

Then finally scrounged around and got that tank of water dumped in there, turned it on, and eureka, thank God, it works....  I was just going to crawl back in there and die if it didn't. lol  But I think it's alright.  BUT, there's always a black cloud in front of every silver lining you know....the men's toilet is not working right for some reason, water not coming in properly...so I'll have to investigate that further....  Otherwise, I think we're back in business.  Just gotta haul more water and fill the cistern the rest of the way up tomorrow.

Lord what an evening...

Chseeads

MelodyB

Chseeads

Thanks.

Now go tend the fowl for me....I'm getting tired and haven't done it yet.....

Chseeads

And while you're at it, unload the feed out of the TB.

Melody

Hiyas.

Cold rainy wonderful day today.  Cleaned the church. Then decided an older couple who I talked with on Sunday that wasn't really going to have much of a Thanksgiving, needed one.  I think it musta been God, seriously, cause I never knew I could make an entire turkey dinner in one afternoon.  Complete with 2 pies.  It was a suprise & the response text I got when they received it made this birthday possibly the best ever.  Not really cause they responded but because it truly is better to give than receive. God is so good!  Good way to start being 32. :)

I tried a new recipe tonight.  Red curry paste mixed with brown sugar & just a bit of brown sugar & coconut milk makes an awesome coating on chicken, baked. Served with roasted veggies.  Nathan isa working 12hr days so his check isn't too short. He worked in the cold rain.  I have the best husband.  Had some fresh cookies when he walked in but some day I really want to bless him.

Tomorrow, we get to sleep in. No school!

BeccaBoo

Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly. Micah 6:8

MelodyB

Melody

That post kind of all ran together, sorry.

Yay Heather!

Mel, hang in there. I wish you had your phone.  I'd call you & be whatever u need me to be at the moment.

Sethers, you sure that's what that picture is? Looks like a horse trough/baptismal tank brother... :)