News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

That? For BREAKFAST?!

Started by Lynx, September 12, 2011, 01:46:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

BBPs are acceptable for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

Or whenever.

As are salads, but I done got foundered on salads and they all taste like poop to me currently.  :smirk2:

Lynx

And how, pray tell, do you know what poop tastes like?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Scott

We eat breakfast for supper all the time. Eggs, bacon (turkey or beef), pancakes (or waffles), hash browns and maple syrup is the supper of champions!

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Scott on September 13, 2011, 06:21:14 PM
We eat breakfast for supper all the time. Eggs, bacon (turkey or beef), pancakes (or waffles), hash browns and maple syrup is the supper of champions!

YES YUm!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Then why is a tuna sandwich for breakfast seen as weird?

Also why is coffee perfectly fine in the morning, but people will say it's too early for chocolate?  Caffeine = caffeine, and chocolate tastes better if you get some good quality dark chocolate.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Scott

Quote from: Psalm_97 on September 13, 2011, 06:12:29 PM
And how, pray tell, do you know what poop tastes like?

he IS the Chicken King after all and do you know what Chickens eat?

Quote from: Psalm_97 on September 13, 2011, 06:35:01 PM
Then why is a tuna sandwich for breakfast seen as weird?

Because it is Tuna Fish = nasty sandwiches! YUUUUCK!

QuoteAlso why is coffee perfectly fine in the morning, but people will say it's too early for chocolate?  Caffeine = caffeine, and chocolate tastes better if you get some good quality dark chocolate.

I mix hot coco and Coffee all the time; half cup of coffee, half cup of hot coco.  I  also eat Coco Wheats and Chocolate Maypo for breakfast.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Lynx

Okay substitute something else for tuna.  Why is it widely considered weird to eat a hamburger for breakfast, or fried catfish, eggplant parmesan, chicken livers, ribeye steak or whatever?  If pancakes are okay for supper, why are some things normally eaten for supper not okay for breakfast?
"Do you sing at church?"

Scott

Quote from: Psalm_97 on September 13, 2011, 06:57:49 PM
Okay substitute something else for tuna.  Why is it widely considered weird to eat a hamburger for breakfast, or fried catfish, eggplant parmesan, chicken livers, ribeye steak or whatever?  If pancakes are okay for supper, why are some things normally eaten for supper not okay for breakfast?

Substitute Hamburger for Steak when having Steak and eggs, or hamburger sandwich with Egg and Cheese on a bagel.

If you are trying to start an argument - good luck, folks here will just continue to paste in their food choices and/or make fun of you.  You might want to wave the white flag!

The Never Ending Battle

Lynx

I'm trying to narrow down which lunch or supper foods are considered weird for breakfast, and why.
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Some things just are, just because they are.

Melody

Quote from: minnesota68 on September 13, 2011, 01:10:30 PM
Quote from: MellowYellow on September 12, 2011, 08:53:19 PM
Jeremy if u come up here we could go to some different restaurants. Nathan loves all kinds of food period. Lol

Ill remember that when Bro Gleason calls me for that 6 week/100 soul revival.  LOL

Seriously though, I would love that.  My wife isn't to keen on weird food, but I am doing my part to convert her.

Ok. And seriously we will keep your name handy just in case the oportunity arises to mention you. You know mantle conference (in Oct.) is for growing ministers & they always have 3 or 4 preach during it taking turns with Stoneking & usually Klinedinst.

If the Lord wills it... I wouldn't be suprised. :)

mini

Quote from: MellowYellow on September 13, 2011, 08:29:34 PM
Quote from: minnesota68 on September 13, 2011, 01:10:30 PM
Quote from: MellowYellow on September 12, 2011, 08:53:19 PM
Jeremy if u come up here we could go to some different restaurants. Nathan loves all kinds of food period. Lol

Ill remember that when Bro Gleason calls me for that 6 week/100 soul revival.  LOL

Seriously though, I would love that.  My wife isn't to keen on weird food, but I am doing my part to convert her.

Ok. And seriously we will keep your name handy just in case the oportunity arises to mention you. You know mantle conference (in Oct.) is for growing ministers & they always have 3 or 4 preach during it taking turns with Stoneking & usually Klinedinst.

If the Lord wills it... I wouldn't be suprised. :)

Ma'am...in all honesty, I my nerves wouldn't be able to handle such a thing.  LOL  The food, yes, the preaching, no...LOL
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Melody

I would say that people tend to eat less bold flavors in the early morning. Whatever bold is to the individual.

I can totally handle bell peppers in stuff in the morning but not hot & Spicy.

But I actually rarely eat breakfast so by time I do eat, anything's game.

Melody

We'll feed u till you're lethargic... Lol

Chseeads

Shoot....he's already lethargic.

mini

Dont insult me with words that cause me to open a dictionary....
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

upcchris

breakfast is generally that...breaking your fast...and it's not really a good idea to eat really heavy foods after a fast - such as steak. *shrugs* I know breakfast is the most important meal of the day and all, but breakfast foods were generally agreed to be lighter and easier on the stomach
Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris

MelodyB

I ate a hamburger with thick slice of onion yesterday for breakfast.

Nothing wrong with that!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Scott

My grandfather was big on breakfast and I have never been. I remember in high school he'd wake me up for school and tell me that breakfast was almost done.  When I lived there he insisted on 2 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, bowl of Wheaties (with fruit) and 2 pieces of toast before I could go to school.

When I was back at my parents, they were both gone to work and I could just have pop tarts and a pepsi.

The Never Ending Battle

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

YUK!

Coke is better!

And there is NOTHING like an ice cold can of Coke, first thing in the morning!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

I always drink a large glass of water first thing in the morning.  Sometimes juice.  But then I'm not that big on sodas.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on September 14, 2011, 08:21:59 PM
YUK!

Coke is better!

And there is NOTHING like an ice cold can of Coke, first thing in the morning!
Nope, nope, nope, Mel. Got have my Dr. Pepper.. it's got "doctor" in the name so it MUST be good for ya.  :lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on September 14, 2011, 08:14:29 PM
Hooray for Pepsi! :D

:clap:

Not that I support pop drinking. Hehehe

I actually ate this morning. A piece if toast with cream cheese.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MellowYellow on September 15, 2011, 01:31:06 PM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on September 14, 2011, 08:14:29 PM
Hooray for Pepsi! :D

:clap:

Not that I support pop drinking. Hehehe

I actually ate this morning. A piece if toast with cream cheese.

Ohhh make some toast, put some cream cheese on it, sprinkle some sugar on it, then slice up some strawberries and put it on the top.....DELISH!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine: