News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Pick on Chel thread #2

Started by Lynx, July 12, 2011, 05:10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

So guess what today is... it's pick on Chel day!  :D

I've heard it all my life - "Popularity is such a burden."  I wouldn't personally know, but I've always wondered.  So since we have already conclusively proven earlier in this thread that Chel is officially popular... Chel, is popularity really as much of a burden as they say? 

Careful, don't make me resubmit the evidence attesting to your popularity.  There is much material at hand in this forum alone.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

iridiscente

Do you identify more with Martha or Mary in the Bible?

sunlight

iridiscente

sunlight

Sometimes. Other time's it's more of an insult.

SippinTea

Chelbertina, I think you're fabulous. :) For reals. :)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

I had two flying attack hugs this morning while I was still asleep! One was at 6:15 by an 8 year old blond headed green eyed girl, and then about 7:30, after I finally convinced her to go bug Mamaw, I had a 6 year old big brown eyed boy in my bed.

These kids don't believe in sleep! ;)

But somehow it made me think of you. ;)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

Lynx

:offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:

Please people, read the thread topic... you're supposed to be PICKING on her!  This ain't picking.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

Since when does GP ever follow the topic?

Lynx

Quote from: MelodyB on November 19, 2011, 01:54:00 PM
Quote from: SippinTea on November 19, 2011, 01:50:49 PM
Chelbertina, I think you're fabulous. :) For reals. :)

:beret:

I agree!
On the other hand, that probably embarrassed her a lot.  I've seen her handle awkward situations with much grace, but she feels awkward when she gets a compliment. 

So yeah, that could fit in a pick-on thread.   :great:
"Do you sing at church?"

iridiscente

If you had to guess, what day do you think the baby will be born?

sunlight

Saturday. The one day I have plans that can't be moved... :grin:

iridiscente

Lynx

Quote from: sunlight on November 28, 2011, 11:38:17 AM
:grin: I just caught up on the last 10 pages of this thread...
amazingly
That might explain the amusingly long delay in your response in this thread.   ;)
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

lol, yup. that would explain it.

iridiscente

Do you agree or disagree with the stereotype that women talk more than men?

sunlight

it depends on the guy. I sure know a lot of exceptions to this rule...

Lynx

Also (in my experience at least) depends on the age.  Dealing with kids and young people in general, girls 20 and younger seem to like to stay up until 4 or 5am and talk whenever they have the opportunity, while guys like sleep more than talking after about midnight or so. 

After 20 everything is different of course.  Shoot, if you get me started talking about music I could talk your ears off (both of them) until the sun rises.

Oh wait, this is a pick on chel thread... Hmm...

Chel may not be a chatterbox herself but somehow when she's around everyone else talks more than usual.  I have no idea how she does that, but I've observed the effect multiple times with many different people.
"Do you sing at church?"

iridiscente

I don't like that stereotype at all, just in case you wondered. It hit me when someone from church was posting about it as if it were true for everyone. :eyeroll:

sunlight

I know just as many gals that like to talk as I do guys. I know just as many gals that are quiet and reserved as I do guys. I can think of exeptions and examples of that stereotype very easily. :grin:

iridiscente

Lynx

T'is the season to be picking!
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

As Chel is occupied with a friend's wedding and will be too busy to look in here for a while (I hope, I hope, I hope) this is a grand time to pick on her.

A friend and I were discussing our friend Chel's popularity, how everyone all over the country keeps saying Chel should move over there, wherever their "there" is.  I said Chel either needs a teleporter for Christmas, or needs to be cloned. 

The problem is, could the planet survive more than one Chel?  If two of them ever met, the hug might rip a hole in the fabric of the space-time continuum.  And think about all the gas they would burn driving around!  :o

But on the bright side, if two or three Chels could get together and work on an alternative energy source they might just finally get this world off petrol base. 
"Do you sing at church?"