News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

One Pink Miata (this time) in Sharing 4-3-9

Started by mini, June 15, 2011, 08:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babs

Quote from: MellowYellow on June 20, 2011, 03:49:36 AM
Quote from: Babs on June 19, 2011, 03:08:12 PM
found an old magazine from 1986 that had an article that i thought Melodya would be interested in  :hypocrite:

Barbara _middle name_ _last name_! You stinker, you.  LOL

:hypocrite:
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Lynx

Quote from: MellowYellow on June 20, 2011, 03:37:39 AM
Isaac, this begs the question: Do you wear any socks or do you have to wear toe socks?
No socks, and no sweaty feet as a result of wearing no socks.  These things have a good lining.  You should wash them though, maybe once a week, maybe more often.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

How do leather shoes hold up to washing once a week?

Lynx

Don't know, I haven't had them that long.  I only wear them to church though, so I won't be washing them that often.  The work shoes I wear every day except Sunday, I'll be washing them more than once a week.

Next pair I buy will be some Komodo Sport.  That will probably be about it for me for now, five pairs should do for anything.

Speaking of other kinds, this is the Bikila LS I got most recently.  NOT recommended.

I cannot recommend these because they have no strap around the heel.  You'll notice my "dress" shoes (the leather ones) and my work shoes both have a strap that circles the heel, comes up the side and across the instep.  This takes up any slack at the heel instead of at the toe where the extra space is in normal shoes.  In toe shoes you want slack taken up at the heel so your toes will stay in the toes.  With the Bikila LS (and normal Bikila for that matter) tightening up like normal shoes, the toes keep slipping out.  Not good.

The speaker system you see behind the shoes is my current pride and joy.  Awesome sound.  No CD player, no cassette player, no big hokey light that lights up when you turn on SUPER BASS, just a serious set of speakers in a box with multiple inputs... and an FM radio, but that seems like an afterthought.  Almost half the weight of my Sony Xplod speakers, almost twice the price and almost twice the volume. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

We went to Cracker Barrel last night - and I saw this sign that was for "succulent peaches" haha...I thought of Seth and Mel....I shoulda took a picture of it....
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads

Why yes, you should've.  :o

Eggs shipping to California and Minnesota today...

And I suprisingly won an auction that I threw a bid on last night for Pumpkin Hulsey game fowl eggs...  It still had like 5 hours left real late last night when I bid on it, and I figured somebody would outbid me before it went off...but lo and behold, they didn't.  :freaky: 

Lynx

Maybe nobody else knew what Pumpkin Hulsey game fowl are and didn't want to take a chance on getting some ravenous bird that would attack them and eat their other fowl. 

Howdy y'all.  I've been lying in bed, awake, debating if I should get up for the last half hour or so.  Finally did. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

If I have a good hatch I can start my own illegal cockfighting ring.  :freaky2:

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Lynx

Not all three together I hope... 

My life, it just got a bit weirder.  Sunday night Children's Church people are decamping, they're gonna be the new youth leaders, so I was asked to take Sunday night.  Gonna have to pray about that. 

Daunting...
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

I had an incredible weekend! My brother was here all weekend, we prayed together Friday night, and Saturday he preached for our youth service. He did great! Sunday morning, their Tahoe got broken into at the hotel and they stole a bunch of stuff. Then they had an encounter with an Angel. My cousin brought an amazing fathers day message, and after church we all went to the Catfish place and had an awesome lunch.

The weekend was perfect. I am blessed.

I have Pot Roast in the oven now, and I'm fixing to take a shower and get ready for our Bible study class tonight.

And yes Jenn, you totally should have taken the picture!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

I don't want to be at work when my gals are at home. :(

Chseeads

Starting to build a stupid new cage....lord.....too complicated.....   Why can't anything be simple?  :reaction:

* Chseeads curses the Amish under his breath....

Chseeads

The hyper Asian lady called to tell me the birds were doing very well, and ask what the breed of that one duck was, and what my name was.

MelodyB

Lord. You come in contact with the craziest people.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

kmymbir

Quote from: Psalm_97 on June 20, 2011, 04:22:50 AM
Isaac, this begs the question: Do you wear any socks or do you have to wear toe socks?
No socks, and no sweaty feet as a result of wearing no socks.  These things have a good lining.  You should wash them though, maybe once a week, maybe more often.

PSALM!!! YOU'RE WHITE??!!??! gosh.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Chseeads

Quote from: kmymbir on June 20, 2011, 08:56:36 PM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on June 20, 2011, 04:22:50 AM

PSALM!!! YOU'RE WHITE??!!??! gosh.

What does any of that have to do with being white?

lol

Watching my Ebay sales end.  Hoping they bid everything up last minute...not working... Though the turkey eggs going off in a few minutes are already up to more than I normally sell them for, so that's good.

kmymbir

His pictures!! I was looking at the shoes. sorry, that sounds really rude now that I look at it.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Chseeads

Quote from: kmymbir on June 20, 2011, 09:07:54 PM
His pictures!! I was looking at the shoes. sorry, that sounds really rude now that I look at it.

But still.....I have yet to see what that has to do with anything. LOL

Nobody had a bidding war at the end. :(  That takes a lot of the excitement out of it. lol

Chseeads

So just when I least expect it....pro wrestler girl wants to return their latest rent-a-duck again....  :roll:

But, it's not so bad I guess...I get to sell em twice.  *shrug*

Chseeads

I would go jump in the lake...but it's just as full of nasty vermin as everything else is.