News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

So Mini Met Roscoe...(pictures galore warning)

Started by mini, June 10, 2011, 11:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niki

I've never had brisket, but I've always wanted to try it. Not much brisket in NC that I'm aware of. Barbecue in NC is of the pulled pork variety and I'm not a fan.

I have no idea what boudain is. Would Bordain eat boudain, I wonder? Probably. What is it?
When you say "Jesus" you've said everything.

mini

Boudain is like a sausage.  Sausage with rice stuffed in it.  Very good.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Wow! Talk about pinkwinking a thread.... :biglaugh: But it's talking bbq, so it's all good!
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

So anyone interested in making a trip this way the weekend before the 4th? ;)

mini

Interested?  Yes.  Can I?  NOOoooooo........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Newsman

I still have two pages to catch up on, but I'm responding to this, anyway.

You simply CANNOT love and appreciate food unless you've had brisket..especially with siome corn on the cob, and home-done fried potatoes!  :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: and iced tea!

John  :waving:

Quote from: Psalm_97 on June 23, 2011, 04:29:59 PM
Does she ship plates?  I've never had brisket before.

Newsman

This weekend? Would that include the Grumpyest of the Grumpye? Or did you mean next weekend, as in the 2nd and 3rd? I had actually thought about being in central TX on the 4th!

John  :waving:

The Purple Fuzzy

We were thinking next weekend but it doesn't look very likely at the moment.  Trying to look at all angles.  And of course you're invited if we get things worked out.  I guess we really need more planning time, it was a spur of the moment thought.  *sigh*

Lynx

Quote from: minnesota68 on June 24, 2011, 01:44:28 AM
Yeah, what he said.  Sigh.   :sadbounce:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

kmymbir

I would like to say I cried when I seen the final picture of Rusty. I couldn't believe it was over!!
Mel, what would it take for us to do a meet up?? I must meet at least ONE person!!!!!!
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on June 24, 2011, 01:20:13 AM
So anyone interested in making a trip this way the weekend before the 4th? ;)
Quote from: Psalm_97 on June 24, 2011, 05:13:11 AM
Ditto... what those two said... really wish I could...  :(

Feed The Bachelors 2010

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Your all welcome to come to Wisconsin on the weekend of Aug. 6th... lol

PF... You can come if you bring the Hubby and his cookin contraption machine... LOL, and some Texas Brisket and Ribs...!  :hypocrite:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Roscoe

Quote from: YooperYankDude on June 24, 2011, 06:32:22 AM
Your all welcome to come to Wisconsin on the weekend of Aug. 6th... lol

PF... You can come if you bring the Hubby and his cookin contraption machine... LOL, and some Texas Brisket and Ribs...!  :hypocrite:
:laughhard:

Quote from: Psalm_97 on June 24, 2011, 05:13:11 AM
X3. Work gets in the way again! :sadbounce:

Oh, and Sunlight- you made Lou's evening when you called. She was SO happy to talk to you!
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Quote from: kmymbir on June 24, 2011, 06:24:35 AM
I would like to say I cried when I seen the final picture of Rusty. I couldn't believe it was over!!
Mel, what would it take for us to do a meet up?? I must meet at least ONE person!!!!!!

I did a meetup in October. It was amazing!

I would host one at my house again if there was anyone interested in coming here.

Name the time. :D
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Quote from: five-oh on June 24, 2011, 11:32:13 AM
Oh, and Sunlight- you made Lou's evening when you called. She was SO happy to talk to you!
Yeah Chel seems to have that effect.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

okieoliveoyl

a few musings from this side of the state...

1.  i still have no clue what booodain is or however you spell it.

2.  any brisket is delish... a must have in any Oklahoma house. HA!

3.  this crazy thread had me dreaming i met roscoe (that's what i called you in my dream???) and his loverly family at a mall to go 
     shopping.   haha! No classic cars/trucks involved!
Gods Promise: "This to shall pass"  not "and it came to stay"

Roscoe

Quote from: okieoliveoyl on June 24, 2011, 06:58:39 PM
a few musings from this side of the state...

3.  this crazy thread had me dreaming i met roscoe (that's what i called you in my dream???) and his loverly family at a mall to go 
     shopping.   haha! No classic cars/trucks involved!
:o  Roscoe without Rusty?  :nono: Fat chance! :laughhard: My "loverly wifee" would be all over the mall/shopping suggestion. Get our numbers from Mini next time you come through and we'll make it happen- except Rusty WILL be involved, if only in the background.  :biglaugh:

Niki

I don't like sausage, so I wouldn't try boudain. :smirk2:
When you say "Jesus" you've said everything.

The Purple Fuzzy

It's like cajun dirty rice in  the form of a sausage link.  so if you like dirty rice you'd probably like it.

iridiscente

Quote from: Niki on June 25, 2011, 02:10:13 AM
I don't like sausage, so I wouldn't try boudain. :smirk2:
By sausage, he meant it's in a sausage-like skin. It's just dirty rice stuffed into a sausage package. If you like dirty rice, you'd like it.

kmymbir

Quote from: MelodyB on June 24, 2011, 02:00:25 PM

I would host one at my house again if there was anyone interested in coming here.

So i'm thinking we need to get jobs, save money, and travel to see EVERYONE.. well all the regulars on here.. Road trips rock.. we can listen to Narnia!!
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

MelodyB

We need jobs & cars, honey. Your truck can't go far and my truck isn't mine!

Lynx

And besides, think of the illusions that would be shattered.  You went nova when you found out I was white.  Think of all the other weird dreams you have had that would be scrapped.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Roscoe

Quote from: kmymbir on June 25, 2011, 04:12:35 AM
Quote from: MelodyB on June 24, 2011, 02:00:25 PM

So i'm thinking we need to get jobs, save money, and travel to see EVERYONE.. well all the regulars on here.. Road trips rock.. we can listen to Narnia!!
Thelma and Louise...... you two need a big convertible caddy for that road trip. :laughhard: