News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Time to Fish or cut bait (newsman)- talk about it in Sharing 4-3-8

Started by Roscoe, June 05, 2011, 12:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newsman

Jason, praying.

Seth, as some semi-serious advice, and an investment in fowl pest control, why don't you use/buy a 20 gauge pumo? You cold load it with #6 or so shot, to get a pattern you could kind of P&P (point and pull). That should knock down the critter, and use another shot to put it away.

You could even alternate loading #6 and sluigs in the shotgun, for the knockdown and the finish.The 20 has some power without the recoil of a 12 gauge, can still give you a pattern, yet the 20 slug is powerful enough you can use it to legally hunt deer with in Oklahoma, during the right season.

Wht types of fireamrs do y'all have in ready reach?

Bob, you are ther firearms expert..what say ye?

John  :waving:

MsJennJenn

hahaha well that's all he seems to be getting out of his gun anyway!

:roll:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Nelle on June 13, 2011, 06:57:11 PM
I'm beyond ready for this work day to be over.

:hug: saw your FB post and seems like you need a hug today Nelle!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Backseat Radio

mini

Been listening to Ray Stevens all day.  Heard this on one of his songs, tabloid news...guess who it reminded me of?

Arkansas woman gives birth to bride, groom and entire wedding party.
"Aheh, Lordy, Lordy. I just hope there's enough weddin cake to go round, ahhooo."
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Melody

Soo the SSS strikes again, huh?  I think possums are about the ugliest vermon there are, right up there with the naked mole rat.

For anyone that has prayed for my sister(s) in the past, I thank you, from the bottom of my heart.  Don'tcha know, my marine sis is so full of questions and glee right now.  She's been going to church for 3 weeks straight.  Yesterday, she said, she was praying in the HG to herself at church so as not to startle her new hubby too much since it was his 3rd time in an Apostolic church ever.  When along came one of the ministers and just said, "Becky, you've been holding back from just letting it out for the last 3 wks. Now you just need to let go."  And she did, and she was amazed that as she tried to say "Thank you Jesus" in English, the tongues just came stronger. 

Oh the purest joy of a brand new babe in Christ.  She said she now sees how good it would be to pray in the HG every day like I had told her she could.  Makes me wanna shout!   

OH, and they have had 1 Bible study mtg so far, and are looking to find a good cell group. The minister teaching them the Bible study has daughters, one of which also works on the same base as my sis and BIL.  This is also the same gal that got my sis's attention with how she was able to look stylish and modest in hair and dress, which encouraged my sister that standards do not = frumpiness.  I tell you what.  God knows what we all need, and I'm thankful there is diversity in the body of Christ.  I pretty much have 0% fashion so I wasn't a help in that dept... lol

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Melody

Wow. Nobody has shared since Mini and I posted last? 

Is Seth alright?  I hope he didn't shoot himself trying to kill a varment.

Our church softball team won a game tonight... Finally. 

I wanted to just sleep outside it was so nice, too bad there's bugs... lol

Roscoe

Wow. Y'all have been busy today. I made it to vacation! :clap: And trying to answer the questions direced at me before my feeble brain forgets them-1) Mini, I am referring to the Petit Jean Swap Meet and Car show at beautiful Petit Jean State Park. Only the best thing going in my summer and one I've not missed in probably ten years or better. Puredee heaven for a car nut, most years.....  :biglaugh:

2) John, I think your suggestion of a proper gun for SingleShot is dead on- only variation I would make is I would've probably suggested a nice 12 gauge 870. Mainly because I come from the school of thought that bigger gun is better gun, and I've had a lot of experience in my job with the 12 gauge.

Having thusly responded to the questions- To Mel- sorry about your injury.
                                                                      To taco- sorry 'bout your pain
                                                                      To MY- news about your sister is AWESOME!

To everyone else- Hi! And I'm back to torment you all. :thumbsup2:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

taco_harvell

A car show at a place called Petit Jean........ Almost sounds girly enough to take a pink Miata to LOL

Still in a lot of pain bleeding finally slowed down. Having a rough night though.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

I laid in the floor and napped earlier, and after that, been tending to fowl and such.

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

Hey, rWooby. :hi:

UGH!! WHY O WHY do people compromise?! I saw a FB status and a picture of one of my kids in Panama City...she has compromised her standard of living and it honestly broke my heart. I want to go cry. People are so BLIND! She TOTALLY knows better! WHY??

Anyway. Yeah.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

Possum was in the live trap.  Don't know if it was the one I saw last night or not...maybe so.

It's not in the "live" trap anymore. *cough*

:smirk2:

:fire:

Newsman

I agree, the 12 for maximum stopping power. I was thinking of folks that may not be used to the often sizeable recoil of a 12. Some newsguy I know owns one of each. :)

Except for starter gunsm, really light bird hunting or snake shooting, I see no use for a .410. I never got into the more exotic gauges, have you?

Quote from: five-oh on June 14, 2011, 02:48:47 AM
2) John, I think your suggestion of a proper gun for SingleShot is dead on- only variation I would make is I would've probably suggested a nice 12 gauge 870. Mainly because I come from the school of thought that bigger gun is better gun, and I've had a lot of experience in my job with the 12 gauge.

mini

mini

I think everyone in this part of the state was stuck in slow motion today.

The Purple Fuzzy

Wow. Y'all have been busy today. I made it to vacation! :clap: And trying to answer the questions direced at me before my feeble brain forgets them-1) Mini, I am referring to the Petit Jean Swap Meet and Car show at beautiful Petit Jean State Park. Only the best thing going in my summer and one I've not missed in probably ten years or better. Puredee heaven for a car nut, most years.....  :biglaugh:

I love Petit Jean State Park, sooo pretty!  This was taken there: 

Nelle

Quote from: MsJennJenn on June 13, 2011, 06:58:50 PM
Quote from: Nelle on June 13, 2011, 06:57:11 PM
I'm beyond ready for this work day to be over.

:hug: saw your FB post and seems like you need a hug today Nelle!

:hug: thanks! I did!!

mini

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on June 14, 2011, 01:15:03 PM

I love Petit Jean State Park, sooo pretty!  This was taken there: 

That reminds me of Heavner, OK.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: Newsman on June 14, 2011, 09:26:56 AM
I never got into the more exotic gauges, have you?

Nope, never have. Shot a 10 gauge once. Knocked me on my behind. Not fond of gauges that maul ME instead of the target. :lol:
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on June 14, 2011, 02:15:16 PM
Heavner is right on the border of AR isn't it?
And fuzzy, if it'd have been in Arkansas, they would have had no need to call it "Heavner'- they coulda called it "Heaven".

Morning, all. I have been a little slow this morning. Just got up. And I've a ton of things to get done. This week will be EPIC. Epic, I tell you! *"Epic" used under License from Mel's House of Language, All Rights Reserved. Ornryness shall prevail! Fixing to start the day... breakfast- piece of cold leftover pizza and a Dr Pepper. Habit left over from my single days.. :biglaugh:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

No, Bobby, I didn't say it was IN AR I said it was near the border.  It's not far from Mena or Ft. Smith.