News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

A Lifetime of Happiness for Wooby & Chris! That Is Our Wish In Sharing #436!

Started by Newsman, May 17, 2011, 03:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

That could be rectified.  You got knives don't you?

We're having eggs, turkey sausage and cornmeal pancakes for breakfast. 

I am still getting used to the idea of having money.  My time at McD's might have been of some benefit.  I don't spend as much now.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Which are NOT linked to heart disease!  For years and years I've been told eggs have cholesterol, which clogs up your arteries.  Now they finally say no, wait, eggs have a different kind of cholesterol from the kind that clogs people's blood vessels.  Well do tell!  And here I thought my grandfather was beating the odds, eating eggs all his life and not dying.  :P

Pass the eggs please.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

I've never heard that. I love eggs.

Egg whites, egg salad, egg sandwiches, fried eggs, scrambled eggs, deviled eggs! YUM!

I don't like poached eggs though.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads

They'll tell you they kill you again later....then say they're okay again....then the opposite...

A deaf lady just came and got some birds...she called using a system where she types and an operator translates her typing to speaking, and my speaking to typing.....  It happened yesterday and I was totally confused, but then heard back from her today and it went well...  Communicated with her by hand signals and writing things down on a note pad.  Interesting! 

I guess I need to become multilingual.  :smirk2:

Lynx

Or join the church sign team.  After a few songs learned by rote you'll pick up a vocabulary. 

But you'll never be able to ask the all-important question "Where is the bathroom?" that way because very few christian songs have the word "bathroom" in them for you to learn. 
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Be sure you use the correct sign for bathroom if you do learn it. Some regions, the word bathroom and toliet are interchangeable, while in others, the sign for toliet is HIGHLY offensive. It's like you are saying the litural reason for your visit to the bathroom.

On the eggs thing...I love eggs as well...and just like Jenn, every way to cook them is great except poached.

Lynx

Never tried them poached, but I hear poaching is illegal in many countries...

We have a lady in town who sells us real eggs from chickens she keeps.  There just is no comparison with those thin-shelled, watery-yolked things in the supermarket that are made by chickens who are pumped up with steroids and hormones to force them to make more eggs faster.

Only thing is, they are harder to crack so you need to keep them separate from the wimpy storebought eggs.  If you are cracking a bunch of real eggs and don't notice you grabbed one store egg and crack it the same way, it'll obliterate it... all over the counter top. 
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

I have never eaten a farm fresh egg. Just store bought.

I need Kimber to supply me with at least 3-4 so I can try it sometime. Lol

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on May 25, 2011, 04:08:56 PM

:o You poor, malnourished city child! I'll bet you've never drank fresh-from-the-cow milk either.  :noo:

Morning,all. Beautiful, but very windy day here. I imagine it's as windy as if Mini were standing on my front porch talking..... yes, it's that bad.  :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Quote from: MelodyB on May 25, 2011, 04:00:45 PM
Be sure you use the correct sign for bathroom if you do learn it. Some regions, the word bathroom and toliet are interchangeable, while in others, the sign for toliet is HIGHLY offensive. It's like you are saying the litural reason for your visit to the bathroom.

Good to know. Perhaps I should just always spell it.  I normally shake a T.

Lynx

I need Kimber to supply me with at least 3-4 so I can try it sometime. Lol
You WHAT?!  You love eggs and you've never tried a real egg?

Oh man, you need to keep your eyes open for an "Eggs for sale" sign when you're out driving.  They are nothing at all like storebought eggs.  The yolks are much, much thicker and darker colored, and they cook up a whole lot tastier. 

Or let me know next time you're in West TN and I'll scramble you a few.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: five-oh on May 25, 2011, 04:15:06 PM

:o You poor, malnourished city child! I'll bet you've never drank fresh-from-the-cow milk either.  :noo:

The thought of drinking fresh-from-the-cow milk makes me want to hurl right now.
I'm VERY picky about milk, and I DEF don't drink it. *puke*

I've never had a fresh egg either and I'm perfectly okay with that. The kind I get in the store satisfy me just fine.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

MelodyB

You are correct. Milk comes in a gallon jug and cost 5.89 a gallon.

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 25, 2011, 04:34:24 PM

The thought of drinking fresh-from-the-cow milk makes me want to hurl right now.
I'm VERY picky about milk, and I DEF don't drink it. *puke*

I've never had a fresh egg either and I'm perfectly okay with that. The kind I get in the store satisfy me just fine.
Man, I like fresh milk. But I guess that come from growing up with it readily available.. Truthfully, I can't tell alot of difference in taste from fresh eggs and storebought, although I know that comment will give Isaac a stroke. :biglaugh: And I've had 'em so fresh they were still warm when cracked.....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Won't give me a stroke.  If you have no sense of taste that's on you.  No skin off my nose.

Well back to work on this soundtrack.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Quote from: MellowYellow on May 25, 2011, 04:21:38 PM
Quote from: MelodyB on May 25, 2011, 04:00:45 PM

Good to know. Perhaps I should just always spell it.  I normally shake a T.

That's the litural sign for toliet, and it's also the one that can be mistaken for the litural (S-word) sign for poop. But that's according to your Deaf people, and where they are from and how they have been taught. It's always good practice to use the "double R" sign for restroom, just to be safe.

It's more of a double bounce with the R than a shake. At least that's what I was taught.

Babs

I LOVE farm eggs! I remember when we were little dad got our eggs from Mrs brown and we thought it was funny that Mrs brown sold brown eggs lol

I don't like the fresh milk though, but I hate milk no matter how it comes, can't swallow it to save my life lol

My latest blog post.

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on May 25, 2011, 04:48:06 PM
Won't give me a stroke.  If you have no sense of taste that's on you.  No skin off my nose.

Well, my, haven't you became cynical and cold..  *sniff* I feel unloved and unwanted again... :biglaugh:

Babs

My latest blog post.

Melody

Quote from: MelodyB on May 25, 2011, 04:43:45 PMYou are correct. Milk comes in a gallon jug and cost 5.89 a gallon.

Good grief, what kind of milk do you buy?  A gallon jug of 2% is $3  And that is city price.

Tornado sirens still going off. :yawn:  Even if we get one RIGHT here in this very spot, it's not going to be a bad one.  This is not even close to what Joplin just got.

I haven't had farm fresh eggs but I buy the no hormone- cage free kind.  And there is a huge difference when scrambled.  They are fluffier and softer, it's interesting.

MelodyB

You don't drink milk, Jenn? Then what on earth do you do with it?!

Lynx

Quote from: five-oh on May 25, 2011, 04:53:01 PM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on May 25, 2011, 04:48:06 PM

Well, my, haven't you became cynical and cold..  *sniff* I feel unloved and unwanted again... :biglaugh:
Not cynical, just realistic.  Some people eat fast food for goodness' sake.  I have come to terms with the fact that some people have no taste.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Quote from: MelodyB on May 25, 2011, 04:54:40 PM
You don't drink milk, Jenn? Then what on earth do you do with it?!
I don't drink milk either.  I cook with butter, cream, cheese, but milk I have no real use for. 

And yeah, what would you do with it?  I never buy it so I wouldn't know. 
"Do you sing at church?"