News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Ask a Yooper

Started by sunlight, February 22, 2010, 03:42:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Just that they should have a decision by the end of this week... and then someone will contact me...  :smirk2:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

MelodyB

My bad...you do have a thread.

*BUMP*
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: MelodyB on October 18, 2010, 03:43:10 PM
My bad...you do have a thread.

*BUMP*
LOL!  You've been on my thread before... silly!  LOL

Feed The Bachelors 2010

MelodyB

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Feed The Bachelors 2010

MelodyB

Did you ever get those books I told ya about?

:nono:

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Nope... but they will be gotten soon...! LOL, very soon, I hope...  :)

Feed The Bachelors 2010

MelodyB

HURRY UP!

You will love it!

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Ordered them from the Library... just waiting for them to come in!

But are they scary murder mysteries?

I have a very low tolerance for that... for instance... I got completely freaked out by a few of the Father Gilbert audios... "They Grey Lady" in particular... is there any resemblance to that in these stories I am about ready to read?? lol

Feed The Bachelors 2010

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MelodyB

No they are not scary.

Deadline. Dominion. Deception. In that order. Randy Alcorn.

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: MelodyB on November 23, 2010, 02:36:37 AM
No they are not scary.

Deadline. Dominion. Deception. In that order. Randy Alcorn.
ACK! Still haven't read them... soon... I promise...

But in my defense I've been busy... just got back from a trip to Narnia... I was riding my moped to Oregon to see David, and I skid off into a snow ditch... upon trying to get out of it... I realized I was in Narnia! So I went and hung out with all of my favorite people... Aravis and Cor, Susan (Yes... she did make it there! And she is married to the Calormen who came to believe in Aslan!), Lucy and King Tirian (yup... they got hooked up after TLB), Eustace and Jill  (they make a lovely couple as well), Anne (yup... not sure how that happened... but there she was... Red Hair and all!), Peter, Edmund... Caspian and his lovely wife the Stars-daughter... Reep, and his "adorable little mice friends" (dont tell him I said that... we'd end up having another duel...), DLF, Mr. and Mrs. Beaver, Tumnus, Queen Swanwhite... who really is quite lovely, Polly and Digory (who finally after all these long yrs, got married!), and so many others...

I even got to take a photo of the Lamp Post from Lantern Waste...

Had a great time... perhaps I will write down a few of my adventures!  :)

Feed The Bachelors 2010

MelodyB

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: MelodyB on December 13, 2010, 05:40:47 PM
SMH.

Eh?? I don't understand Peachish... in English please...  :laughhard:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

MelodyB

SMH = shake my head.

It's a FB term that I sometimes forget and use outside of FB.

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Wow... Started and Finished "Honor in the Dust" by Gilbert Morris... it was great! (Sorry Mel... I know I have all three R.A. novels to read as well... but I KNOW I enjoy Morris... so he got first dibs on my time! LOL)

I haven't read any of his work for a LONNNNGGGG time... since I was a teen, but I am not reminded why I enjoyed him so much. He writes historical fiction novels, that have interesting characters in real life circumstances that actually seem plausible and are completely, undeniably enjoyable! Yes I am raving stark mad about this book! It took a little over 3 hrs to read, and at 300+ pages... that is fairly good time... Not that I even seem to have the time to usually sit down and read a book in two sittings... this one had me captivated and interested in the first 10 pages.

The story take place a little before, and the remaining part during the reign of King Henry the VIII... with such historical figures taking an active part in the story such as King Henry, Queen Catherine, Princess Mary... and William Tyndale. Morris clearly did his homework on all the included historical figures... and although he may have taken some creative licensing in his novel... the facts were not changed...

I was also intrigued by the information included about Tyndale... and it has now spawned a bit of interest in this person, who I should know more about... but sadly do not.

Now I need to go back to the library and order the second book... the third is not due out in print until Spring 2011... but I am sure I will find that one interesting as well... and most likely will have troubles with patience while waiting for it to hit the bookshelves.

Feed The Bachelors 2010

MelodyB

I'm so disappointed in you. *sigh*

Tricia Lea

Why do they sterilize needles for lethal injections?

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Haha... I have always wondered that myself... Probably something to do with the ALCU...

Feed The Bachelors 2010

sunlight

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Still hard, and still hurts where I hit it on the pavement! But good news... the pavement is NOT dented too badly!  :laughhard:  Thanks for asking!  :)

Feed The Bachelors 2010

sunlight

how is Molly? :grin:

I should text you the rest of my questions... lol!

TheGirl

Had any hot chocolate lately? lol

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: sunlight on February 24, 2011, 08:22:46 PM
how is Molly? :grin:

I should text you the rest of my questions... lol!
She is good... And yes, you should text or call me with the remaining questions! Lol
Quote from: TheGirl on March 12, 2011, 05:20:13 AM
Had any hot chocolate lately? lol
Mmmm... Hot chocolate! Lol, sounds like a plan! *Yoop goes to cabinet to look for Hot Chocolate...* And *GASPS at the fact that there isn't any in there...*

Feed The Bachelors 2010

TheGirl