News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

How to make a gal Happy

Started by upcchris, February 15, 2010, 04:48:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: MsJennJenn on November 23, 2010, 08:08:15 PM
Haha I am not married - and God is sending me my hopeless romantic. He's almost here....haha

Welll in my book it's very hard to find someone who is an old-fashioned romantic who is chivalrous....which are two things I look for haha...

I had an old friend, we talked for over a year...and he'd do random things like that. He once sent me a card on "Ground Hog's" day just to say hi, happy ground hogs day...it wasn't something expensive, it wasn't something huge, but it MADE my day....it was the perfect gift...and it was snail mail....which is romantic in itself....

Yay for hopeless romantics!

I love doing little things for just the random sake of doing it, and hoping to make someone smile... although... When I had more single friends I would do more of it... now most of them are married... and that is a little strange... lol!

But this relationship is a tad different... we're both a little older now... (I'm 27, she's 25) and we've been taking it slow... especially since we just met in August! LOL

But we have both discussed that there is interest in eachother... and I did talk to her dad... but we're not wanting to be fools rushing in... so friendship is key... and the romance side of things can build slowly... and it is. But we discussed that neither of us are having this H.S. type of crush... it is more of the fact that we enjoy each others company, get along well, have things in common and make each other laugh!

But I do want to show that I do have a romantic interest in her... rather than just telling her... I would like to show a little bit. Again... not talking of sending a dozen red roses and a poem... at the moment... lol. Just a little something that is more thoughtful than simply a text.

This thread is now actually back on track I think... or have I spoken too soon... I am sure Newsman is lurking to misquote me...! lol

Feed The Bachelors 2010

MsJennJenn

Sounds to me like you are on the right track...taking it slow I mean...if it's meant to develop more, and last...then the friendship will be the best base you build. Relationships built on friendship rather than rushing straight into it are mucho better.

But if ya'll have both already talked about it, and you talked to her Dad (totallllllllly respect you for that - bravo) then I mean it sounds like you are on the right track to just being you around her.

Just think of something you know she'll like, or w/e and do that as far as romanticness goes....if you think she'd love it if you put a rose on her car, GO for it! lol all she can do is be like "thanks" and that's it....and then you try something new, or she'll love it, and gush about it (if she's the gushing type haha) and you'll know you made the right move!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: MsJennJenn on November 23, 2010, 08:25:23 PM
Sounds to me like you are on the right track...taking it slow I mean...if it's meant to develop more, and last...then the friendship will be the best base you build. Relationships built on friendship rather than rushing straight into it are mucho better.

But if ya'll have both already talked about it, and you talked to her Dad (totallllllllly respect you for that - bravo) then I mean it sounds like you are on the right track to just being you around her.

Just think of something you know she'll like, or w/e and do that as far as romanticness goes....if you think she'd love it if you put a rose on her car, GO for it! lol all she can do is be like "thanks" and that's it....and then you try something new, or she'll love it, and gush about it (if she's the gushing type haha) and you'll know you made the right move!

Trial and error I 'spose... lol.

I know she likes cards... so I would be getting her one of those

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Sis

Quote from: YooperYankDude on November 23, 2010, 06:59:30 PM
Would it be considered Strange and weird or sweet and thoughtful for a guy to drive 90 miles roundtrip to stick a card and rose (not red... just yellow or white, or even a lavender blue rose or flower of some sort on a gal's car while she is at work, that he is more than friends with, they just haven't bowed to all other people's peer pressure and put a title other than "friends with a lot of potential" just yet... just to let her know that he was thinking about her during the day??

Need to form an opinion before 6pm CST today... LOL

You have to be careful. It IS romantic, but if you're not that invested in the woman, and you do that, she will most likely take it to mean you want more out of the relationship than you really want. If you DO want more out of the relationship, by all means go for it.

BTW, I hope chivalry is dead. It meant something other than romantic stuff.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Sis on November 23, 2010, 09:25:16 PM

BTW, I hope chivalry is dead. It meant something other than romantic stuff.

Wait what? lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Go for it Yoop! That's the type of romantic mush I do to this day for my longsuffering wife. Oh, and tell MJ hi for the friend she's not met.  :freaky2: * Note to self- go to facebook and "mention" something to aforementioned "little sister". LOL!

:waving: :waving:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

I might also mention that I asked my wife this question just now and she said that it sounded like something I did when we began dating- and she totally found it sweet and romantic, not weird and stalking.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

sunlight

Quote from: YooperYankDude on November 23, 2010, 08:45:57 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on November 23, 2010, 08:25:23 PM

Trial and error I 'spose... lol.

I know she likes cards... so I would be getting her one of those
Woohooo! Do it Bob, and then make sure to tell me how it goes! haha!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Amelia Bedelia

Depends on your gas mileage - honestly I'd be calculating the impact to the environment and waste of money entailed in such a trip if I was the recipient... Is there any way its on the way to somewhere else that you need to go to anyway? 

I guess that's part of the romance of it but I find stuff like that wasteful... Now if you're going to dinner with her that night anyway and you go in early to put the flower on her car that she'll find before she meets you then I think that's sweet.

All the best with it regardless!

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: five-oh on November 23, 2010, 09:58:40 PM
Go for it Yoop! That's the type of romantic mush I do to this day for my longsuffering wife. Oh, and tell MJ hi for the friend she's not met.  :freaky2: * Note to self- go to facebook and "mention" something to aforementioned "little sister". LOL!

:waving: :waving:
:hypocrite:
You shal RUE the day you got involved in this!  RUE the Day! RUE it! Your gonna RUE the day... That Day... Your gonna RUE it! RUE THE DAY!

RUE RUE RUE RUE!

:hypocrite:

You really shouldn't mention anything to her... cause I will not have completed the task until tomorrow afternoon... I pushed it off a day so I could find a really nice card... and as it turns out... today was a bit rough for her.... so it will be nice for her...

Feed The Bachelors 2010

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: five-oh on November 23, 2010, 10:02:31 PM
I might also mention that I asked my wife this question just now and she said that it sounded like something I did when we began dating- and she totally found it sweet and romantic, not weird and stalking.

YAY!  That is the kind of thing I like to hear...  :)

Tell your wife... she should jump on GP... that would stir up some fun conversations!   :hypocrite:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Roscoe

Quote from: YooperYankDude on November 24, 2010, 05:26:39 AM

Tell your wife... she should jump on GP... that would stir up some fun conversations!   :hypocrite:
Uhhh... No, it would not, and you're sadistic to suggest it.  :biglaugh:  And I might threaten you, but I probably wouldn't make contact outside of GP for fear of actually harming your chance at happiness. I was 27 before my wife and I married, so I know what it's like to be alone for what seems like forever, and I wouldn't risk ruining something for you- that is, unless I were provoked. :biglaugh:

Newsman

MsJennJenn

Quote from: five-oh on November 24, 2010, 05:40:34 AM
Quote from: YooperYankDude on November 24, 2010, 05:26:39 AM

Uhhh... No, it would not, and you're sadistic to suggest it.  :biglaugh:  And I might threaten you, but I probably wouldn't make contact outside of GP for fear of actually harming your chance at happiness. I was 27 before my wife and I married, so I know what it's like to be alone for what seems like forever, and I wouldn't risk ruining something for you- that is, unless I were provoked. :biglaugh:

Oh good I got at least 2 years to get married....

:pray:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

LOL... thank you for not saying anything! :)  Glad you understand...  :)

It is good to know I am not the only guy who was in the latter end of his 20's and not married yet! LOL... most of my friends have gotten married in the last few yrs, so I am sorta alone in this... or was. Recently met a few other guys my age who are not yet married. Makes it easy to hang out... except the one topic that always comes up, is that we all wish we were married! LOL

All in God's timing... I have said it before, and I am sure I will say it again... I would rather stay single... than to marry someone who I am not sure I could spend the rest of my life with... up till now there have been a few of those (nothing against any of them... they will make someone a wonderful wife! It just wasn't me, and I am still good friends with a few of them!)    :cool:  ... so I have not married yet. Just praying for God's will to be done...

Feed The Bachelors 2010

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: sunlight on November 23, 2010, 10:05:21 PM

LOL... thanks for the encouragement Miss Sunlight!  :)    :thumbsup2:

Happy to report that "Operation Make Miss Molly Smile" (3MS) went perfectly!  :hyper:

I drove and got a card last night... and flowers from Angeli's Supermarket this morning... they didn't have what they had a week ago, and so I settled for a simple fall bouquet... the only other thing they had was red roses... and I didn't want to give her those... lol. But they were pretty. Some carnations, and multicolored daisies.

Then drove off to where she works... which as it turns out... is another 10 more miles further than I had thought... lol. First I surveyed the parking lot for her vehicle... then parked and went inside to see if perhaps the store she works at had a nicer arrangement that I liked better... they didn't... lol. (Gotta love small town Grocery stores... hehe)

Then walked over to the Deli where she works, her eyes lit up when she saw me... and she smiled (score!), we chatted for a few minutes. She asked if I had just been bored and drove over... I told her I was in the area and thought I would say "hi" (I was in the area... lol... I had a mission to accomplish! But that was a ntk (need to know) detail... and she didn't ntk that at the moment! LOL

So after chatting and verifying which vehicle she was driving (her brothers truck, her mom had used her car to go pick up Grandma... lol) I said goodbye, and then went back to my truck, drove back to her vehicle, placed the Flowers under the windshield wipers, and the card in the window... and then drove off...  LOL!

I get bad reception heading home, and I figured I would get a call... as it turns out, I did miss her call, and she left a voicemail... saying how thankful she was for the flowers, and how sweet it was for me to make her day twice in the same day! (once when I showed up to say hi... and then the surprise waiting at her vehicle! lol). She said that she had never gotten flowers before from a guy she liked... and never had a guy drive to the store just to say hi... and some other things... but y'all are on a ntk basis,, and you dont ntk! LOL!!   :laughhard:

Also got a sweet text message saying she loved the card, and it made her cry... the good kind of crying... so Mission 3MS accomplished!  :hyper:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

taco_harvell

Quote from: YooperYankDude on November 24, 2010, 09:06:02 PM
Quote from: sunlight on November 23, 2010, 10:05:21 PM

LOL... thanks for the encouragement Miss Sunlight!  :)    :thumbsup2:

Happy to report that "Operation Make Miss Molly Smile" (3MS) went perfectly!  :hyper:

I drove and got a card last night... and flowers from Angeli's Supermarket this morning... they didn't have what they had a week ago, and so I settled for a simple fall bouquet... the only other thing they had was red roses... and I didn't want to give her those... lol. But they were pretty. Some carnations, and multicolored daisies.

Then drove off to where she works... which as it turns out... is another 10 more miles further than I had thought... lol. First I surveyed the parking lot for her vehicle... then parked and went inside to see if perhaps the store she works at had a nicer arrangement that I liked better... they didn't... lol. (Gotta love small town Grocery stores... hehe)

Then walked over to the Deli where she works, her eyes lit up when she saw me... and she smiled (score!), we chatted for a few minutes. She asked if I had just been bored and drove over... I told her I was in the area and thought I would say "hi" (I was in the area... lol... I had a mission to accomplish! But that was a ntk (need to know) detail... and she didn't ntk that at the moment! LOL

So after chatting and verifying which vehicle she was driving (her brothers truck, her mom had used her car to go pick up Grandma... lol) I said goodbye, and then went back to my truck, drove back to her vehicle, placed the Flowers under the windshield wipers, and the card in the window... and then drove off...  LOL!

I get bad reception heading home, and I figured I would get a call... as it turns out, I did miss her call, and she left a voicemail... saying how thankful she was for the flowers, and how sweet it was for me to make her day twice in the same day! (once when I showed up to say hi... and then the surprise waiting at her vehicle! lol). She said that she had never gotten flowers before from a guy she liked... and never had a guy drive to the store just to say hi... and some other things... but y'all are on a ntk basis,, and you dont ntk! LOL!!   :laughhard:

Also got a sweet text message saying she loved the card, and it made her cry... the good kind of crying... so Mission 3MS accomplished!  :hyper:

Oh we sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo need to know. lol  :freaky2: :hypocrite:
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: taco_harvell on November 24, 2010, 09:52:14 PM

:hypocrite: :freaky2: No Problems... I'll spill my beans... as soon as you spill yours!!   :hypocrite: :freaky747:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

taco_harvell

Quote from: YooperYankDude on November 24, 2010, 09:59:55 PM

:hypocrite: :freaky2: No Problems... I'll spill my beans... as soon as you spill yours!!   :hypocrite: :freaky747:

No beans here!! I can't eat them. Your turn!! lol
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

MsJennJenn

Quote from: YooperYankDude on November 24, 2010, 08:51:43 PM

LOL... thank you for not saying anything! :)  Glad you understand...  :)

It is good to know I am not the only guy who was in the latter end of his 20's and not married yet! LOL... most of my friends have gotten married in the last few yrs, so I am sorta alone in this... or was. Recently met a few other guys my age who are not yet married. Makes it easy to hang out... except the one topic that always comes up, is that we all wish we were married! LOL

All in God's timing... I have said it before, and I am sure I will say it again... I would rather stay single... than to marry someone who I am not sure I could spend the rest of my life with... up till now there have been a few of those (nothing against any of them... they will make someone a wonderful wife! It just wasn't me, and I am still good friends with a few of them!)    :cool:  ... so I have not married yet. Just praying for God's will to be done...

Me too! Thus the reason I am still single and picky. :hypocrite:
Hopefully my crush God will make a move soon. ha ha *cough*

Congrats on successfully making her day!! See told you it would work!! :thumbsup2:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: MsJennJenn on November 24, 2010, 10:01:16 PM
Me too! Thus the reason I am still single and picky. :hypocrite:
Hopefully my crush God will make a move soon. ha ha *cough*

Congrats on successfully making her day!! See told you it would work!! :thumbsup2:

LOL... Being picky when single is imperative! Cause you can't be too picky once you say "I Do"... lol

And thanks! I am glad it went well...  :)

Quote from: taco_harvell on November 24, 2010, 10:00:50 PM
Quote from: YooperYankDude on November 24, 2010, 09:59:55 PM

No beans here!! I can't eat them. Your turn!! lol

Hmmm...  :hypocrite:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Roscoe

Way to go, Yoop! :thumbsup2: Word of advice- if you can, remember what the principle flowers were in that arrangement, and if things work out for you guys, give her a replica of that arrangement on your anniversary. She'll remember.

I gave my wife a bud vase arrangement of yellow carnations as the
first  flowers I gave her because the store was out of pink roses. I
had them delivered  to her job as I was several miles away.
Imagine my surprise when she called crying and told me that
carnations were her favorite flower and yellow was her favorite color.
Thank you, Lord. :lol: Now, about once every two or three months,
I'll send her an arrangement of "our flowers" for no reason other than
to thank her for loving me and being the perfect wife. You're definately
not the only hopeless romantic. :biglaugh:

Oh, and for those of you waiting patiently (or not so patiently) for YOUR time.....
I understand, and my prayers are with you. I can say that had things
happened as I had wanted them to, in my time, I would probably have
a failed marraige in my past and nothing remotely like my terrific life.
Keep looking, stay faithful, and Yoop- stay the hopeless romantic.
It helps when the money's short and things are going wrong to know
that you love each other. Enough rambling, I'm getting weepy-eyed. :biglaugh:

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: five-oh on November 24, 2010, 10:23:02 PM
Way to go, Yoop! :thumbsup2: Word of advice- if you can, remember what the principle flowers were in that arrangement, and if things work out for you guys, give her a replica of that arrangement on your anniversary. She'll remember.

I gave my wife a bud vase arrangement of yellow carnations as the
first  flowers I gave her because the store was out of pink roses. I
had them delivered  to her job as I was several miles away.
Imagine my surprise when she called crying and told me that
carnations were her favorite flower and yellow was her favorite color.
Thank you, Lord. :lol: Now, about once every two or three months,
I'll send her an arrangement of "our flowers" for no reason other than
to thank her for loving me and being the perfect wife. You're definately
not the only hopeless romantic. :biglaugh:

Oh, and for those of you waiting patiently (or not so patiently) for YOUR time.....
I understand, and my prayers are with you. I can say that had things
happened as I had wanted them to, in my time, I would probably have
a failed marraige in my past and nothing remotely like my terrific life.
Keep looking, stay faithful, and Yoop- stay the hopeless romantic.
It helps when the money's short and things are going wrong to know
that you love each other. Enough rambling, I'm getting weepy-eyed. :biglaugh:

*like X 10000*

That is an awesome Idea... I had wanted the first ones to be Lavender Roses... but... lol... it didn't work out... but I know she loves them! She even remembered to put them in water! (lol... I have given flowers before where the gal forgot to put them in water! LOL!)

Excellent advice!  Your wife is blessed... and from what I can tell... you are very blessed as well! :)

Feed The Bachelors 2010

MsJennJenn

Quote from: YooperYankDude on November 24, 2010, 10:43:20 PM

Excellent advice!  Your wife is blessed... and from what I can tell... you are very blessed as well! :)

Yea that! :wink3:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

sunlight

:grin: woohoo! Go bob! :hyper: So apparently I am going to need to visit my north states sooner than I expected! hahaha!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!