News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Going back to school.

Started by Tricia Lea, November 04, 2009, 06:36:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sis

Not taking any summer classes?  I love them! They are a whole semester in a few weeks. Get's some of the easier ones out of the way.

TheGirl

Quote from: Tricia Lea on April 24, 2010, 03:42:39 PM
I started off going for early childhood, but started realizing I DONT have the patience do deal with a bunch of kids on a daily basis. I have changed to Business administration, marketing and retail

Haha, thats understandable, I love kids but I don't think I do either.

Sis

You can do so much with a teaching degree. People assume you'll get stuck in a classroom for a whole school year.

Man You can do scads of things with that degree. Sometimes they just want to know you made it through college. You can do almost anything as long as you have a degree.

But here is what you can do with a teaching degree:

After school programs
Start your own daycare, and be the administrator
Camp administration/teaching
Almost every industry has room for educators
Substitute teacher
Christian school administration/teacher/tutor
Alternative educational settings
Jails/youth facilities
Rec centers
Hospitals
Government agencies
Test prep tutoring
Add a few psyche classes and you could be a school counselor

I worked as a Museum Educator
I also worked as a school-paid tutor
I worked in the Title 1 program tutoring kids one on one taking them out of their classrooms for a half hour at a time

The list can go on and on.

SippinTea

Tricia, I just wanted to tell you that I REALLY admire you for going back to school. I'm only taking two classes this term, and I'm feeling overwhelmed by some of the homework. And it's also been difficult getting back into the studying and classroom stuff since I've been out of school for a number of years. You've been away from it even longer than I have, so my hat is off to you!!

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

RainbowJingles

Psst...  ST...  Your hat looks like it's ON to me.  :eyebrow:

TL: What she said.  I'm impressed, too.  :-)

Sis

ST, if I can do it, anyone can! Believe me I hated school in high school, but I carried a 4.0 in college until some jerk gave me a B and ruined it. LOL

samzup

Congratulations Tricia. I'm proud for you! It seems like it takes guts for someone to try going back to school.  :clap2:

Tricia Lea

Got my first grade for the semester posted today
PSY-150-43   General Psychology   A

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Tricia Lea

SippinTea

Congrats on both of those, Tricia!!

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."

Geri

RainbowJingles

Tricia Lea

My fall classes. Starting in Aug

Bus 110 Intro to Business
Bus 115 Business Law 1
Mat 070 Intruductery Algebra
Rel 221 Religion in America

Tricia Lea

Jaybee

"Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forward."

- Kierkegaard

Gingerale

I am getting all prerequisites down for my LVN (or LPN, as some call it) during the day. this is my scedule for that this semester.

Nutrition         
A & P I-Lab   M W            
#Anat & Physiology I         
#English Comp I         
#Intro to Psychology   

BUT.... I am taking night classes [9weeks] to get my CNA certification, so that while I am finishing up nursing, I will have already been
established in a hospital, and will be getting used to all the medical work. Plus, it's extra cash!      

Melody

:pwink:

Everytime I see you post Gingerale, I crave Root Beer!  We don't drink pop much around here.

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Gingerale

Tricia Lea

Last weekend of freedom
Classes start Monday

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Tricia Lea

Classes went well. I think I am going to like this semesters schedule :)

SippinTea

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: MellowYellow on July 28, 2010, 11:05:57 PM
:pwink:

Everytime I see you post Gingerale, I crave Root Beer!  We don't drink pop much around here.

And every time Mellow Yellow posts... I crave Dr. Pepper!  LOL

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Tricia Lea

my one minimester is over, Made an A in my Intro to Business