News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

When a guy has a crush on you....

Started by MelodyB, February 11, 2009, 12:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Chel, at least your admirer has his teeth. ;)

:bigcheese:

MelodyB

*debates if I should post the pic of the baby buggy skit*
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

RainbowJingles

Yup.  I can relate to that. Mel.  lol  Been there; done that.  Put up the facade; got the boyfriend; was myself; clung; wept; lost him.  *shrug*

The good news is that now he knows who I really am (clingy, emotional, outrageously strange with lots of baggage); we're great friends, and I've begun to realize that I don't NEED  him, and...  :o

:ignore:

I dunno the rest of the story yet.  Sorry.

Sis

Quote from: MelodyB on February 11, 2009, 04:19:55 AM
Quote from: Sis on February 11, 2009, 01:51:52 AM
A situation like that can become dangerous. Be careful, and try to get it stopped as soon as possible. Would your dad talk to him man to man?

No, I dont think he needs a "Man to man" talk. LOL

Then what you complaining about?  You don't think your dad should have a man to man talk about stalking a woman who is much older than you and he needs to stop? That he needs to find someone his own age?  His dad isn't around to do it.

MelodyB

He is far from stalking me.

He is harmless, I dont want Dad to hurt his feelings when he isnt doing anything bad. It just makes ME uncomfortable, and I dont want to tell him off and scar him from talking to girls for life. He is sensitive. If I felt there was any bad things that could come of it, I wouldnt hesitate to tell my Daddy and let him take care of it. But it isnt like that.

All I want to know is how to let him down easy without killin the poor guy. :) 

Sis

Hence the man to man talk with him. Your dad can probably do it without hurting his feelings. I wasn't suggesting your dad  beat him up, but sometimes guys just understand better when a guy tells them things like that.

CDAGeek

Honestly, there's no way to let a guy down easy and make sure he gets the message. They're pretty much mutually exclusive.

Don't worry about scarring him, just be brutally honest. Don't sugar coat it, or someone clingy like that will likely assume you're just being hard to get, or that if he tries a little bit harder he can persuade you. He'll survive the truth. He might go emo for a while, but then he'll get over it and move on. As opposed to going emo for a while, and then trying again with you.

Also, he'll probably take it harder if someone else talks to him rather than yourself. That tends to suggest you're scared of or completely repulsed by him.

Just my two cents.

BeccaBoo

Quote from: minnesota68 on February 11, 2009, 04:38:03 AM
I hereby change Brecxies name to Kung Fu Brecxie, keeper of GP security, sanity, and they key to Seths padded room.

:lol:

I will wear it proud...

:lol:

Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly. Micah 6:8

SippinTea

Quote from: CDAGeek on February 11, 2009, 05:56:58 AM
Don't worry about scarring him, just be brutally honest. Don't sugar coat it, or someone clingy like that will likely assume you're just being hard to get, or that if he tries a little bit harder he can persuade you. He'll survive the truth. He might go emo for a while, but then he'll get over it and move on. As opposed to going emo for a while, and then trying again with you.

Just my two cents.

It made me laugh, but I think you're right on. :)

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Backseat Radio

Quote from: MelodyB on February 11, 2009, 04:24:01 AM
Kinda makes me feel like I am not good enough or something.

Your definatley good enough

RainbowJingles

MelodyB

Glad to know that yall think so...but unfortunately, you are female, and yall thinking that way does me no good.

SippinTea

We could start a poll if you like.... *grin*

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

RainbowJingles

Nope.  It doesn't do you any good at all.  Just like YOUR line of thinking did ME no good when *I* used it myself at your age.  It just drug me into thinking that there was no one that could ever really love me, and that God had just kind of put me out there alone.  As my pastor would say, though...  That's HOGWASH!

**HUGS** MelMel

Quote from: MelodyB on February 12, 2009, 05:56:29 PM
Glad to know that yall think so...but unfortunately, you are female, and yall thinking that way does me no good.

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Backseat Radio

Quote from: MelodyB on February 11, 2009, 04:24:01 AM
And not to make fun of him in any way, but the first time I have a problem like this, and it comes from someone who is like him and crushes on everyone.

*sigh*

Kinda makes me feel like I am not good enough or something.

I've had similar problems....

one guy that took interest in me was old enough to have been my grandad. I went out to eat with him one time and it became very clear very quickly that he was looking for a young women to provide relations and housekeeping. Even after I turned him down, when I would be at a service and he was there, he would attempt to be as close to me as possible.  My dad put a stop to it by speaking to the pastor of that church about what that man was doing.

MelodyB

This is the picture that started it all.

This was the Baby skit. It was SOOOO funny.

Like I said, he is a very sweet guy...but Im not sure how to NOT hurt his feelings.

sunlight

why have someone be a distraction from you of course! BOL!

MelodyB

sunlight

sure! dont give him my number, or any contact information...  and i can stand to be nice for one service... BOL!

MelodyB

CDAGeek

Quote from: MelodyB on February 12, 2009, 08:01:53 PM
LOL!!

Ill just hook him on on GP...

You could always just send him a link to this thread  :hypocrite:

sunlight

ohh noo! i have finally found a person X!

:laughat:

remember that? hehe!

MelodyB

Yeah I do! LOL I was gonna say that earlier, but I got sidetracked by a Yellow Brick road.

RainbowJingles

lol  Careful, Mel.  We don't need a person X invading your yellow brick road!