News:

Remember to check out the Devotions & Poems forum!

Main Menu

Emotional eating

Started by Tricia Lea, January 22, 2009, 01:09:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricShane

some people eat
some people smoke.
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

CDAGeek

Quote from: Sis on January 24, 2009, 10:45:41 PM
So how many years have you been fed through an IV?  And I feel sorry for your parents. Does your dad fix the damage or do they pay someone?  Have you learned to fix your own damage from holes in the walls?   :couch:

I was on IV nutrition for 11 years. God healed me 3 days after getting the Holy Ghost though.

I try to punch walls I can't damage, though I do have one hole I need to patch. >.>

Sis

Why were you on IVs for 11 years? Sounds horrible. Better than dieing but still horrible.

CDAGeek

I had a rare dismotility disorder that was basically caused by a genetic defect that made the pacemaker that controls the muscles of my GI tract to fire randomly and not smoothly. It manifested at the age of 8. For the next 11 years, anything I ate would come back up - when my stomach worked, it worked in reverse. The down side (not that there was ever really an upside, other than saving on food bills) was that TPN is very high in lipids, so they would cause build up on the end of the catheter in the vein in my chest. Every 3-4 months, that little build up would cause a blood infection and land me in the hospital for 8 weeks while they pulled the line, pumped me full of antibiotics, and then surgically placed a new line.

The worst was when I managed to get a staff (bacterial) and yeast infection in the blood at the same time. That deadly combo caused me to go DIC (blood had 0 clot factor, in fact my platelet count was 4), and eventually into 6 system failure. God saved my life numerous times during that 7 months in the hospital, but that is a story for another time. Suffice to say, it's only by His grace I'm still here - the nursing teachers used me as an example to the students of a once in a life time case.

Sis

:yikes:  Oh my! It seems you've already had your share of stuff.

Did ya flirt with the nurses?

RainbowJingles

Wow, Geek!  what a miracle!

sunlight

id like to hear the whole story sometime... God is good. You are a miracle!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Chseeads

EricShane

Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

iridiscente

Quote from: sunlight on January 26, 2009, 01:59:41 PM
Ditto.

BeccaBoo

Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly. Micah 6:8

Envelope

Quote from: sunlight on January 26, 2009, 01:59:41 PM

ahhh yes.......me too!!

Inquiring nurses want to know!!  LOL

sharon