News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Last Person to Post Wins Round # 9

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, January 11, 2009, 07:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Sis

Another reflection.

This was in the same courtyard as the Grant Wood figures.

The Chicago River

Other buildings

On my way to the Art Institute, I walked by Memorial Park.

I didn't know they had a skating rink there. There was a guy who had pretended to fall down. He posed down on the ice with one leg and one arm up. Looked convincing. I was fumbling with my camera and couldn't get the shot in time. When he tried to get up, he fell almost exactly the way he had posed. LOL  Didn't get that shot, either.  *Snaps fingers*

At the Art Institute.

Sometimes artists and art students come in to sketch some of the things on exhibit.

Sis

In that small mall near Stevebert's Converence hotel they had a lego store with creations in different parts of the mall.

I don't know why this guy has a nest in his hair with a chicken in it. LOL

That sculpture I was trying to take a picture of when I made everyone look up.

The old water tower is on Chicago Avenue

The tourist and information center is in another building across the street. It's built of the same stone. I guess it's all that's left of a bigger complex of buildings.

More buildings

Hmmm all blue. Unusual.

Bloomingdales with a Russian-type onion roof.

Sis

McDonald's pics of mine this time. I see that some of the ones I lifted from the net are gone.

There are bronze statues outside.

The 'Vette out back in it's own building.

Inside

Upstairs.

Different sections had different furniture. It's not really that big upstairs, either. These are small sections.

This is an older picture. These chairs are gone now.

The window exhibits of McDonald's past.

The ladie's room

Leaving.

Sis

The Rainforest Cafe is across the street.

Stevebert took me to dinner at an Irish restraunt.

We were sitting right by the fireplace (Fake of course)

Stevebert the poser

What it looked like from our room on the snow. Not much after all. PHEW!

Back to the airport.

The Field Museum store at the airport has this dino. LOL

Some kiddos looking at it. The thing was huge.

We laughed at this store.

We were supposed to fly to NYC then catch a connection to Dullus. But that flight was canceled. We got a direct flight for the same amount. They are charging for luggage now. $15 per bag. Stevebert tried to give the lady a $20 and she said she didn't have change, so she wouldn't charge him for the luggage. Instead of flying out at 2 pm, we ended up flying out at 4, so we had time for lunch.

We ate lunch in a food court with this statue in the middle.

We got a plane with the movie screens in the back of the seat in front of us.  They also have an option to look at a map of where we are - with a little icon of an airplane. It also tells us the temp outside, the temp at our destination, how fast we're traveling, and the tail wind. The screen updates every couple of minutes.

The Purple Fuzzy

Wow, that Lego spider is awesome.

It's nice that they let you take your camera in the art place.  We visited and exhibit of Norman Rockwell's a while back and they would not let you take photos.

Sis

A lot of places won't. But they don't mind here as long as you don't use a flash. They have enough lighting so you don't need one. I took those with the guard watching me.

In the other places, I sneak. LOL  Bad Sis! Bad Sis. Whatcha gonna do when they come for you, bad Sis, bad Sis. . .

iridiscente

FREEZER BAGS: They are male, because they hold everything in, but you can see right through them.

PHOTOCOPIERS: These are female, because once turned off; it takes a while to warm them up again.
They are an effective reproductive device if the right buttons are pushed, but can also wreak havoc if you push the wrong Buttons.

TIRES: Tires are male, because they go bald easily and are often over inflated

HOT AIR BALLOONS: Also a male object, because to get them to go anywhere, you have to light a fire under their butt.

SPONGES: These are female, because they are soft, squeezable and retain water.

WEB PAGES:
Female, because they're constantly being looked at and frequently getting hit on.

TRAINS: Definitely male, because they always use the same old lines for picking up people.

EGG TIMERS: Egg timers are female because, over time, all the weight shifts to the bottom.

HAMMERS: Male, because in the last 5000 years, they've hardly changed at all, and are occasionally handy to have around.

THE REMOTE CONTROL: Female Ha! You probably thought it would be male, but consider this: It easily gives a man pleasure, he'd be lost without it, and while he doesn't always know which buttons to push, he just keeps trying

Sis

iridiscente

We had a lot of fun at the Rainforest Cafe we went to, especially Ariel.

She just ate a whole banana. I got them from the store today and they're really sweet! She doesn't usually eat one all by herself.

Sis

When I walked out of McDonald's  there was a little boy about three-years-old who couldn't wait to see the giant frog.  He was all excited. When he saw it, he made a fist and raised it and said, "Big frogs! Yayyyyy!"  :laughhard:

Sis

Sis

The Purple Fuzzy

Yea! and my paycheck hits the bank on Wednesday even though we don't officially get paid until Thursday. ;)

Sis

Yeah, Stevebert's goes in the night before, too. But you CAN bounce a check if you depend on it being there.

The Purple Fuzzy

I can look online and see it there.

Sis

It's probably the only time you get to see your money. I used to get a check in my hand to look at before it disappeared.

The Purple Fuzzy

*sigh* I think my blood pressure is up cause I'm mad at certain folks I work with.

Sis

My friend Mary, is diabetic. She was only on pills and diet but when she moved further away from work, her stress level went up and her blood sugar skyrockets during the week. She had been keeping track for a month of her daily blood sugar, and that's what it showed. Now she's on insulin and pills and diet.

Don't get so stressed your health will suffer.

The Purple Fuzzy

Well, the pressure comes from trying not to clobber this 6 ft 5 guy and his cohert.  I'm trying to hold it in and not let on how angry I am. *sigh*

Sis

Why don't you just throw somethng across the room and tell them you're not in the mood and see their eyes bug out. :rofl:

The Purple Fuzzy

No, I'd rather strangle them with my bare hands. ;)

Sis

The Purple Fuzzy

Well, I made it out of there without hurting anyone. :)

Sis